how much do you trust

Ouch

Not to stir the pot. Im only trying to get the feel of how many union brothers and sisters trust there local. With all the commotion of vote yes mailers going out, and the union people picketing in front of buildings with signs that read vote yes. Each and every member has a voice, nobody in my opinion shoul be trying to persuade you to vote one way or another. Kind of makes me wonder what the union is getting out of a yes vote, cause they sure want it. It does no good to have a union if the members cant voice the way they feel. Right or wrong paying dues members have the right to be heard. I understand the master has passed, but if there is one supplement you dont agree with voice your belief. Too many people in the world settle on second best cause they dont want to speak up, and that is sad. UPs makes billions of dollars and tries to make you believe they are going broke daily. The ups hourly employee is doing the job to make the company the money. Granted we are paid well, but dont settle for second best. There is a reason for the IBT wanting you to vote yes. Make it benefit you the hourly and dont succumb to pressure. Stick with your values and beliefs.

Inthegame

Not to stir the pot. Im only trying to get the feel of how many union brothers and sisters trust there local. With all the commotion of vote yes mailers going out, and the union people picketing in front of buildings with signs that read vote yes. Each and every member has a voice, nobody in my opinion shoul be trying to persuade you to vote one way or another. Kind of makes me wonder what the union is getting out of a yes vote, cause they sure want it. It does no good to have a union if the members cant voice the way they feel. Right or wrong paying dues members have the right to be heard. I understand the master has passed, but if there is one supplement you dont agree with voice your belief. Too many people in the world settle on second best cause they dont want to speak up, and that is sad. UPs makes billions of dollars and tries to make you believe they are going broke daily. The ups hourly employee is doing the job to make the company the money. Granted we are paid well, but dont settle for second best. There is a reason for the IBT wanting you to vote yes. Make it benefit you the hourly and dont succumb to pressure. Stick with your values and beliefs.
Nice dance, but what you're saying with too many words is vote no. I trust my local. I voted for these guys and will do so again. I expect they see this is a good deal and want the members to accept it and not chance the outcome of third/strike vote.

Ouch

No dance if you want to vote no vote no. If you want to vote yes vote yes. My thing is what is underlying. There has to be a reason the Ibt wants the yes vote.

snookbunny420

I don't trust my local at all. They have yet to even introduce themselves after six years. The only time they have even spoken to me was to get me to vote for them.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
"Trust"???

The unions a business. They'll do what ever it takes to survive. Sometimes that mean standing with you and sometimes that means standing against you. Sound familiar with anything else in life you know?

snookbunny420

i have what is called a "second job" and cannot attend meetings. I also pay "their" daily salaries with my dues so it behooves them to kiss my :censored2: , not the other way around.

ezmoney5150

i have what is called a "second job" and cannot attend meetings. I also pay "their" daily salaries with my dues so it behooves them to kiss my :censored2: , not the other way around.

You don't just pay salaries. you pay for heat upkeep on the hall, grievance procedure, per capita to the JC etc.

You act like your money goes directly into their pocket. The ineptitude of the membership is part of the reason we feel underappreciated and why its hard to get good people to be stewards and business agents.

WESLA

It is what it is
You don't just pay salaries. you pay for heat upkeep on the hall, grievance procedure, per capita to the JC etc.

You act like your money goes directly into their pocket. The ineptitude of the membership is part of the reason we feel underappreciated and why its hard to get good people to be stewards and business agents.

That's right. Too much "what can the union do for me" attitude

snookbunny420

Did I say my money goes directly into their pockets? No you did. Don't confuse informed with ineptitude and don't spin what i say to fit you're reply. yes unlike all the bitchers i do kiss ups arse because it helps me day to day by not having problems at work like others do. As far as feeling entitled, if I pay good money for a steak am i entitled to a good steak or should i suffer for crap? Same should apply with "OUR" union. But hey if you like crappy steaks then by all means eat up.

slantnosechevy

Did I say my money goes directly into their pockets? No you did. Don't confuse informed with ineptitude and don't spin what i say to fit you're reply. yes unlike all the bitchers i do kiss ups arse because it helps me day to day by not having problems at work like others do. As far as feeling entitled, if I pay good money for a steak am i entitled to a good steak or should i suffer for crap? Same should apply with "OUR" union. But hey if you like crappy steaks then by all means eat up.

Some day the company will use the same analogy when assessing your production. It's only a matter of time..... only they will compare you to prime rib and you'll be in a no win situation. Keep the BA's phone number handy.

InsideUPS

I'm not sure whether it is the same at all Locals however, we get to elect our union officials. So, yes....I trust our Local.

BTW....to me, I believe your obscuring/confusing the connection between voting and trust. Just because you may disagree with someone's opinion (vote) does not necessarily mean you can't trust them. In other words, a difference of opinion does not equate into mistrust in that person you differ with. If that was the case........ I have no trust my wife at least three times a day....sometimes more...