How often do you have an inhumane dispatch?

ManInBrown

I'm neutral on ORION. The primary issue with ORION is that supervisors aren't getting the training needed to set it up right. The ORION team swoops in and out and all you hear is fix it. I learned more from trial and error with ORION than I ever did in training.

And for the record I have stated several times I tell my guys not to back into residential driveways or use u-turns in busy intersections. But I actually view their ORION traces before they get released in the morning to make sure there isn't anything like that to begin with.
The best was. I used to cover a route with 42 dock pickups in a 12 cube. One day they come up to me after the PCM wanting to know why I backed so much. Lol. The epitome of just reading a report while having no clue what goes on in the real world. There response was you should have gotten out at every pickup before you backed to see how much they had. Lol. I just laughed and walked away. Complete morons

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I'm neutral on ORION. The primary issue with ORION is that supervisors aren't getting the training needed to set it up right. The ORION team swoops in and out and all you hear is fix it. I learned more from trial and error with ORION than I ever did in training.

And for the record I have stated several times I tell my guys not to back into residential driveways or use u-turns in busy intersections. But I actually view their ORION traces before they get released in the morning to make sure there isn't anything like that to begin with.
So I guess when area manager demands your manager fires a driver with a family you will speak up and change his mind? For not running Orion? Omg admit it sucks and no human element is involved

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

The best was. I used to cover a route with 42 dock pickups in a 12 cube. One day they come up to me after the PCM wanting to know why I backed so much. Lol. The epitome of just reading a report while having no clue what goes on in the real world. There response was you should have gotten out at every pickup before you backed to see how much they had. Lol. I just laughed and walked away. Complete morons
God I love it. Lolo. Great post!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You should have handcarted everything in from the street the next day and had zero backs. Then let them deal with the missed pieces as a result.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Really. Every morning. Lmao. So drivers are told to follow it but you tell them not to.I guess you also go to section 5 and get the saver from a dump stop to deliver with air? In a bricked truck that left late waiting for irregs?
If you adjust their ORION to prevent those scenarios aren't an issue. Not that hard to go through everything when everybody's stops are in a map. Just follow the line...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Sounds to me they got chewed out and ran with their tails between their legs without the balls to explain why it is that way.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's a virtual OJS. They'll come up to you in the morning and ask you for your board after you punch on. They have to turn it on from your board

Someone explained it to me as in depth telematics report
It does not have to be done that way. We never put the codes in until your timecard comes through here.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Never happened here. And never does and u know it
Am I saying supervisors don't do it? Of course plenty don't. I can only speak for what I do. When I started in my current building the DOLs and ORION were a mess for my driver group. I've worked to clean up the mess. Because in the end, if my guys have a better set up route, my numbers are better, and I look better come review time.

ManInBrown

Sounds to me they got chewed out and ran with their tails between their legs without the balls to explain why it is that way.
So if they got chewed out, what is asking me idiotic questions going to accomplish? Again, a couple morons reading a report, without having any clue of what goes on in the real world