How to Properly Leave Union?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Im not going to be receiving any benefits from the union. They kick in after a year, and i wont be at UPS for a year... It doesnt make any sense for me to pay into something that will not benefit me. If it were your money, you would practically try and save every cent you could, or you're either a fool or a liar. Scabs

But you want union members to answer your questions for you?
Find out for yourself

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
took you a while to google that. a couple bucks a month will be worth that $2500 tuiton reimbursement check

Not only are you a scab but you are a bigger POS than I originally gave you credit for. That tuition check that was granted thanks to the sweat of the unionized workers you think you won't be getting any benefits from. Just another POS punk. FU

vote yes!!!!

It's not about the money, it's about your attitude. You don't want a union job, don't apply/take a union job in the first place.
It's not a union job unless you choose to be in the union.... Its just a part-time job to some people

Ups is a closed shop if it’s not a RTW state and are required to pay union dues. You can opt out of the union but you still pay dues, maybe a 1-3 dollar discount.

542thruNthru

That's too bad. I was fully prepared for a barney gif battle.

Oh battle accepted!

tenor-22.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I can't wait till a few weeks go by, and this guy starts getting written up for stupid stuff, and he wants to know how to fix it.

Here's hoping he's out of the union by then!

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I'm a part time worker, and was involuntarily inducted into the union. Being a union member is not practical in my situation. I am wonder who the proper people to contact are in order to get the ball rolling on my departure from the union. I've already wrote the secretary-treasurer of my union local, but have not heard anything (unsurprisingly). Is human resources able to get me in contact with who/whatever does the payroll, or does anyone know how to change payroll deductions?
Let me guess you got an Uncle named Tony Q don’t you?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I'm a part time worker, and was involuntarily inducted into the union. Being a union member is not practical in my situation. I am wonder who the proper people to contact are in order to get the ball rolling on my departure from the union. I've already wrote the secretary-treasurer of my union local, but have not heard anything (unsurprisingly). Is human resources able to get me in contact with who/whatever does the payroll, or does anyone know how to change payroll deductions?
Screw scab!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You have to get a withdrawal card. Probably have to drive to the union hall. It might not even be worth the time and gas money