How to Properly Leave Union?

I'm a part time worker, and was involuntarily inducted into the union. Being a union member is not practical in my situation. I am wonder who the proper people to contact are in order to get the ball rolling on my departure from the union. I've already wrote the secretary-treasurer of my union local, but have not heard anything (unsurprisingly). Is human resources able to get me in contact with who/whatever does the payroll, or does anyone know how to change payroll deductions?

It's a short process really:

Step 1) Find bag of dicks
Step 2) Eat bag of dicks

Good luck.

DRporch

while you may be saving $10-20 consider what you are getting is what the union bargained for. you may not care about the union but think of other people in this. i donate to charities because i care about others. think of this the same way.

youre not hurting anyone by not paying dues but if you're already gonna be charged the fee cut out soda at restaurants and your union due will be paid for.

Bad Gas!

Advice..Do yourself a favor and avoid all the scrutiny. Don't burn the bridge with the union. You never know when you might need them..Stay in the union. You don't have to be happy about it. I know guys that have got out for one reason or another in RTW state and they regretted it.. Suck it up, buttercup!

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Legally you cant be forced to be in a union in ANY state... However, because PA is not a right to work state, i would still be required to pay whats called an 'administrative fee' for my representation in collective bargaining and processing of complaints. this fee is less than the union dues..... scab
You also lose voting privileges if I recall.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Not only are you a scab but you are a bigger POS than I originally gave you credit for. That tuition check that was granted thanks to the sweat of the unionized workers you think you won't be getting any benefits from. Just another POS punk. FU
The Union has nothing to do with tuition reimbursement.

Stop lying.

Indecisi0n

I'm a part time worker, and was involuntarily inducted into the union. Being a union member is not practical in my situation. I am wonder who the proper people to contact are in order to get the ball rolling on my departure from the union. I've already wrote the secretary-treasurer of my union local, but have not heard anything (unsurprisingly). Is human resources able to get me in contact with who/whatever does the payroll, or does anyone know how to change payroll deductions?
This is a union forum so removal of your union status will force me to ban you from this site. Reply stating this is your final answer so I can proceed.

Heffalump

For some reason I cant get this really nice lady to make my coffe right at McDonalds at 4am. Maybe you can work there and get it right you seem pretty educated. Dont forget cream and suger!

Yes much better. ;)
Not only are you a scab but you are a bigger POS than I originally gave you credit for. That tuition check that was granted thanks to the sweat of the unionized workers you think you won't be getting any benefits from. Just another POS punk
Your a freeloader. No wonder you don’t want to pay dues. Probably skip out after your pals buy the fist round at the bar too.
you’re an idiot.. if someone works there for 3-4 months as a seasonal team member why should they have to pay dues to something they never needed in the first place? If you are not in a right to work state you can opt out by sending the union a written notice stating you do n out believe in unions, or support their political contributions, etc…. Most of these unions support idiots like Biden in mega packs… -from someone who worked at ups and was able to avoid the union..
ps.. they will tell you you can’t opt out but so some research there are outlines ready to go that you can download through a simple
Google search just search opt out of teamsters # 000 or whatever number it is I forget… then you mail them that notice and if you get charged dispute it they will send you a check for what they stole. Also management does not have to be union… you are welcome.. everyone else in here are a bunch of troll dheads who think just because they have to pay everyone should… clowns

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
ps.. they will tell you you can’t opt out but so some research there are outlines ready to go that you can download through a simple
Google search just search opt out of teamsters # 000 or whatever number it is I forget… then you mail them that notice and if you get charged dispute it they will send you a check for what they stole. Also management does not have to be union… you are welcome.. everyone else in here are a bunch of troll dheads who think just because they have to pay everyone should… clowns
I’m not banning you for being a freeloading scab, but you did call the other union posters here dheads and clowns.

So that’s why I’m banning you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

See ya wouldn’t wanna be ya

upsperson

It's not about the money, it's about your attitude. You don't want a union job, don't apply/take a union job in the first place.

Also...Don't call someone willing to pay and participate in the union a scab. You are the scab, one who obviously doesn't know what a scab is.
I'm really trying to understand, I'm supposed to support a union that argues I should make $15.5/hr and people who are new hires should make $19/hr. I work part time at 16.xx working part time, but if I start driver helping I'll get cut to 15.5/hr while outside helpers get 19/hr. I've been at ups for years but the union very clearly only give a :censored2: about full timers. Thats where they get their money so it makes complete sense. Don't expect me to pay into something that doesn't care about me.

upsperson

I'm really trying to understand, I'm supposed to support a union that argues I should make $15.5/hr and people who are new hires should make $19/hr. I work part time at 16.xx working part time, but if I start driver helping I'll get cut to 15.5/hr while outside helpers get 19/hr. I've been at ups for years but the union very clearly only give a :censored2: about full timers. Thats where they get their money so it makes complete sense. Don't expect me to pay into something that doesn't care about me.
Apologies for the double post but the expectation is I'll pay hundreds into the union that thinks new hires should make 30% more than a multi year ups employee. Sure maybe you'll argue but they don't have to pay for the seasonal employees insurance, I'm already at ups, already working 6 days a week. They are paying my insurance regardless if I work an extra 3 or 4 hours. I'm cheaper, more experienced, literally load the truck I go help on, but obviously that means I should make 30% less than people not paying into the union. Tell me you'd be happy as a full time driver at top rate, you'd be happy if a seasonal driver made 30% more than you.

Last edited: