How to Properly Leave Union?

I'm a part time worker, and was involuntarily inducted into the union. Being a union member is not practical in my situation. I am wonder who the proper people to contact are in order to get the ball rolling on my departure from the union. I've already wrote the secretary-treasurer of my union local, but have not heard anything (unsurprisingly). Is human resources able to get me in contact with who/whatever does the payroll, or does anyone know how to change payroll deductions?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm a part time worker, and was involuntarily inducted into the union. Being a union member is not practical in my situation. I am wonder who the proper people to contact are in order to get the ball rolling on my departure from the union. I've already wrote the secretary-treasurer of my union local, but have not heard anything (unsurprisingly). Is human resources able to get me in contact with who/whatever does the payroll, or does anyone know how to change payroll deductions?

So you want a union job but not be in the union. Unless you are in a RTW state, you ain't going nowhere scab.

So you want a union job but not be in the union. Unless you are in a RTW state, you ain't going nowhere scab.
Legally you cant be forced to be in a union in ANY state... However, because PA is not a right to work state, i would still be required to pay whats called an 'administrative fee' for my representation in collective bargaining and processing of complaints. this fee is less than the union dues..... scab

I'll get the ball rolling for you. When you're at work, look for the door. Walk through it. Don't go back ever. Done.
Legally you cant be forced to be in a union as part of terms of employment in ANY state... However, because PA is not a right to work state, i would still be required to pay whats called an 'administrative fee' for my representation in collective bargaining and processing of complaints. this fee is less than the union dues. You guys will still get your money from me, dont worry

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Legally you cant be forced to be in a union as part of terms of employment in ANY state... However, because PA is not a right to work state, i would still be required to pay whats called an 'administrative fee' for my representation in collective bargaining and processing of complaints. this fee is less than the union dues. You guys will still get your money from me, dont worry
It's not about the money, it's about your attitude. You don't want a union job, don't apply/take a union job in the first place.

Also...Don't call someone willing to pay and participate in the union a scab. You are the scab, one who obviously doesn't know what a scab is.

It's not about the money, it's about your attitude. You don't want a union job, don't apply/take a union job in the first place.

Also...Don't call someone willing to pay and participate in the union a scab. You are the scab, one who obviously doesn't know what a scab is.
Im not going to be receiving any benefits from the union. They kick in after a year, and i wont be at UPS for a year... It doesnt make any sense for me to pay into something that will not benefit me. If it were your money, you would practically try and save every cent you could, or you're either a fool or a liar. Scabs

542thruNthru

@Gumby this is one of your fellow PA boys.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Tuition assistance for 1 semester
giphy (5).gif

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Legally you cant be forced to be in a union in ANY state... However, because PA is not a right to work state, i would still be required to pay whats called an 'administrative fee' for my representation in collective bargaining and processing of complaints. this fee is less than the union dues..... scab

It's actually called an agency fee...

and legally you cant be required to be in a union as part of terms of employment. Put your blinders on however you see fit

Legally,you cannot be required but you will have to pay the agency fee. So thank you for being a scab and still paying agency fees to keep your job.