How's North Carolina TEST STATION doing??

It will be fine

I understand that this is what you believe, but it’s hardly settled as fact. It’s very possible that the labor laws in place simply don’t adequately address the situation and wishing it to be so does not make it so.
What does it even matter? Let’s play out the scenario.
Someone challenges the RLA exemption.
Years of court battle.
Express drivers win the ability to organize locally.
Teamsters spend years and get one location to organize.
Fedex negotiates for years.
The entire time this all goes on Express is sending more volume to Ground.
If the likelihood of an agreement with a labor union gets realistic it will be the final nail in the coffin that will shift all volume to Ground. Express drivers will organize themselves out of a job in the best case scenario.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Years of court battle.
If the likelihood of an agreement with a labor union gets realistic it will be the final nail in the coffin that will shift all volume to Ground. Express drivers will organize themselves out of a job in the best case scenario.

Probably true that Fred would retaliate against a union, but at this point, Express employees have little to lose.

From a legal perspective, the case for dropping the RLA Express Carrier Exemption is strong because the opcos absolutely are combined.

They can try to disguise it forever as "contracting", but most of us can see through the ruse.

Serf

Today is the day, Gents. I’m watching closely for someone with boots on the ground down there to relay the message of either: “I lost x amount of work today!” Or “Nah, didn’t really hit my route too hard.”

Gone fishin

Today is the day, Gents. I’m watching closely for someone with boots on the ground down there to relay the message of either: “I lost x amount of work today!” Or “Nah, didn’t really hit my route too hard.”
They gonna keep it a secret ? Let’s hear something already

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Your continued presence here assures me that my efforts are valid. Please tell us about Fred's speech on Amazon, Dano. While you're at it, please explain how "contracting" with Ground to move Express freight isn't combining opcos and mixing an NLRA operation with an RLA operation.

For years Express employees were told to never mix Ground and Express, not just for the obvious reasons of moving the packages to the correct destination, but to assure regulators that Ground was "independent". Sorry, no go, pal.

Your lame lie that Ground is a "third party" is pure BS. I know that this is the FDX lie that Fred wants you to sell, but I'm not buying, and I suspect it will be a losing proposition for FDX in the courts.

Keep lying, and I'll keep lighting you up.

Why do you keep ignoring the existing standards that address this issue in favor of your own from-whole-cloth reasoning?

I think we all know why.

yadig

Years of court battle.

Ground will have some lawsuits in the near future. I’m betting on them guys being considered employees in some states. We can all go union then.

instiches

We're having a contractor meeting in the next few days to go over the Express packages that we're going to start receiving by next week. And we're not even anywhere close to North Carolina

bbsam

Staff member
We will see. The loss of the portable pension at freight may change some minds.
When? How long ago was it announced and when will the Teamsters be back? Will they be back? If they don’t think it’ll do any good this time either, why put forth the effort?