How's North Carolina TEST STATION doing??

bbsam

Staff member
You're employees are under the NLRA. You might be able to hide for awhile but the bigger you get the more you stick out and the more attention you attract including that of the Teamsters.
Incorrect. bbsam inc. becomes two entities with two contracts with Fedex.

I thought you knew how this game was played. Maybe not.

bacha29

Incorrect. bbsam inc. becomes two entities with two contracts with Fedex.

I thought you knew how this game was played. Maybe not.
But your employees are not exempt from collective bargaining and the right to organize under the NLRA no matter how many contracts you have. Think you would be too small to attract the attention of the unions? Well. guess who represents the officers of my local municipal police department? The Teamsters.
That's right . The Teamsters represents the cops of my municipality ..........All 5 of them.

bbsam

Staff member
But your employees are not exempt from collective bargaining and the right to organize under the NLRA no matter how many contracts you have. Think you would be too small to attract the attention of the unions? Well. guess who represents the officers of my local municipal police department? The Teamsters.
That's right . The Teamsters represents the cops of my municipality ..........All 5 of them.
So they unionize, Fedex terminates my contract, nobody hires the union voters.
How many times do you think the drivers and the union will go through that?
By the way, there are 5000 to 7000 contractors.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

HOW LAWNG CAN THAY RELY ON A SHRINKIN POOL OF CHEEP LABUR? HAVE YOU THAWT ABOUT THAT???

bacha29

It's like cancer. All it takes is a single cell.
And anti union counter measures are like chemo. Sometimes it can stop the progression and sometimes it can't.
So tell me Sam. When the expected avalanche of boxes comes thundering down on your and your best, good faith efforts to acquire enough assets to get the job done proves unsuccessful .......what are the consequences ?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And anti union counter measures are like chemo. Sometimes it can stop the progression and sometimes it can't.
So tell me Sam. When the expected avalanche of boxes comes thundering down on your and your best, good faith efforts to acquire enough assets to get the job done proves unsuccessful .......what are the consequences ?
He’ll leave that to the poor slobs that work for him while he’s out grooming soccer fields here shortly.

bbsam

Staff member
That depends. Is it just me or is it thousands of contractors dealing with the same issues?
If it’s just me, they either don’t offer me a new contract next year or if it’s bad enough, they terminate the current contract.

Did you already know that answer bacha? Are you trying to strike some kind of fear in me or other contractors with the power X has? Lol. Everybody knows that. There’s probably not a contractor on this site that hasn’t personally witnessed a fellow contractor have their contract terminated.
Know what happens then? Every other contractor knows “not to friend’n do that!”

I think what you keep missing is that any contractor can set up his own driving school and bring in the “cheap labor”. Takes a couple weeks to get through but pretty straightforward. I’ve gotten a couple guys from the local Jr college. I’m longtime friends with the coach and he’s sent me a couple guys who for their own reasons didn’t feel college was right for them. One had pizza delivery experience, another worked in a pizza restaurant. Both are turning into good, dependable, productive drivers. Do you think I’ve found the last two on the face of the earth?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I’ve gotten a couple guys from the local Jr college. I’m longtime friends with the coach and he’s sent me a couple guys who for their own reasons didn’t feel college was right for them. One had pizza delivery experience, another worked in a pizza restaurant. Both are turning into good, dependable, productive drivers. Do you think I’ve found the last two on the face of the earth?
You had to have someone else recruit your drivers???

I thought for sure people were lined up for blocks begging for an application just to work for you.