Huge Strike Fund….NOT

Unfortunately, every dollar you receive as strike pay is taxable as earned income. The union is not required to issue a 1099 unless they pay out $600 or more, but according to the tax law, it is all taxable in the eyes of the government for us commoners. If you check your tax software, the answer is: "Yes. The IRS requires that you report all of your income, even if it's less than $600 and you didn't get a tax form for it."
I'll have to look into that

Thebrownblob

I'll have to look into that

“Oh my God the strike fund might get depleted”

“Oh my God you’ll have to pay taxes on your strike pay”

Lol strike fund is there to be USED if necessary, we didn’t even have one in 97.

And if I have to pay taxes so be it, that would be like being upset if I win the lottery and have to pay taxes on the winnings. The strike fund is not income replacement.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
More misinformation or is it miss information??
LOL

I believe some of you (or we) are starting to worry/wonder about your livelihoods.
79514e306acacfef53983a46f4ebf538a2df4d6a.png

Thebrownblob

And……
the fund will no longer be providing funds for any strike, you will be out of a job or the parties come to an agreement before July 31, during or after fund depletion.

Kinda weird the trees are in the way of your forest.
Kind of weird you don’t realize we went on strike with no strike fund in 97. Maybe if you weren’t so full of :censored2:, it would make more sense? If someone’s going on, strike to make more money on the picket line, then they’re on strike for the wrong reason. My life has been exponentially better since the 1997 strike, I am not a proponent of strikes unless they’re absolutely necessary.

Cowards, such as yourself can never get anything better for their selves because they’re too afraid to make the first step. This job certainly would not be worth even having if the company proposal was passed so we will withhold our labor until they make a reasonable offer now you can kindly go pound sand and stop trying to spread FUD.

Just like the 1997 strike, this strike will not benefit me as much as it will benefit those that come after me. I am thankful that those gentleman and women put their careers on the line for me.

I GOT ONE MORE

Kind of weird you don’t realize we went on strike with no strike fund in 97. Maybe if you weren’t so full of :censored2:, it would make more sense? If someone’s going on, strike to make more money on the picket line, then they’re on strike for the wrong reason. My life has been exponentially better since the 1997 strike, I am not a proponent of strikes unless they’re absolutely necessary.

Cowards, such as yourself can never get anything better for their selves because they’re too afraid to make the first step. This job certainly would not be worth even having if the company proposal was passed so we will withhold our labor until they make a reasonable offer now you can kindly go pound sand and stop trying to spread FUD.

Just like the 1997 strike, this strike will not benefit me as much as it will benefit those that come after me. I am thankful that those gentleman and women put their careers on the line for me.
Ummm, respectfully……I participated in the ‘97 strike, got my $52 check after the first no pay week.
30 years in pkg and feeder.
I’m quite aware of how hard UPS’ers work, and how rich the company is. But there must be a reasonable balance. Top scale is approaching $50/hr, throw in ALL the stellar benefits…..and you still thinks the job sucks. Well, it will suck a lot more to lose it.
Thanks for all your assumptions.

Thebrownblob

Ummm, respectfully……I participated in the ‘97 strike, got my $52 check after the first no pay week.
30 years in pkg and feeder.
I’m quite aware of how hard UPS’ers work, and how rich the company is. But there must be a reasonable balance. Top scale is approaching $50/hr, throw in ALL the stellar benefits…..and you still thinks the job sucks. Well, it will suck a lot more to lose it.
Thanks for all your assumptions.
Clearly you’re not aware of anything, do you think the raise is a reasonable balance? Do you think current drivers slitting their throats to allow the company to pay $10 less an hour permanently to future drivers is a reasonable balance? Do you think the company saying they want to clawback raises if the economy is better is a reasonable balance? Like I said, you’re just a coward trying to spread and sow fear and disunity. You’re a pathetic excuse for 30 year driver if you are one. You would have us take whatever is offered like scared puppies. It’s nice that Dave gave you a thumbs up. You might even be Dave.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Clearly you’re not aware of anything, do you think the raise is a reasonable balance? Do you think current drivers slitting their throats to allow the company to pay $10 less an hour permanently to future drivers is a reasonable balance? Do you think the company saying they want to clawback raises if the economy is better is a reasonable balance? Like I said, you’re just a coward trying to spread and sow fear and disunity. You’re a pathetic excuse for 30 year driver if you are one. You would have us take whatever is offered like scared puppies. It’s nice that Dave gave you a thumbs up. You might even be Dave.
Sounds like that fool.

I GOT ONE MORE

I’m all for addressing part timers and two tiers.
As far as you friend*ers at top scale, you’re fine with a pathetic annual raise. Say 75 cents. You don’t know me, but I can tell from your hysterical replies, deep down you’re frightened.

Probably pissed that you have to pay back that college loan. Check that, unlikely to attended higher education, in fact I’d be surprised if didn’t have to repeat 3rd grade at least once or twice.

You and ‘just a ups guy’ can keep holding hands in the next pride parade.

Debate is beyond your abilities.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Top scale is approaching $50/hr, throw in ALL the stellar benefits…..and you still thinks the job sucks. Well, it will suck a lot more to lose it.
Thanks for all your assumptions
Top pay is close to 50 an hour and UPS is still making historic profits, increasing dividends payments and making stock buybacks. They can afford to share that windfall with the workers who make it possible.
I have never understood the people who work for a company thinking they are paying us too much.

UnionStrong

As far as you friend*ers at top scale, you’re fine with a pathetic annual raise. Say 75 cents. You don’t know me, but I can tell from your hysterical replies, deep down you’re frightened.

Probably pissed that you have to pay back that college loan. Check that, unlikely to attended higher education, in fact I’d be surprised if didn’t have to repeat 3rd grade at least once or twice.

🤣

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Beyond yours too judging from the amount of personal attacks in that post.

Have a Snickers

UnionStrong

Top pay is close to 50 an hour and UPS is still making historic profits, increasing dividends payments and making stock buybacks. They can afford to share that windfall with the workers who make it possible.
I have never understood the people who work for a company thinking they are paying us too much.
Usually they are management wannabes or they’re sucking off the managers.

Thebrownblob

College graduate, college was paid for before I graduated. 31 year teamster. You’ve were debated, and you have no answers that are worthwhile. Your answer is capitulation.

Red Headed Stranger

Many years ago, a large metropolitan police department "bargained" for lower wages for the "new" guys and better wages and benefits for themselves. What they failed to realize is over time, there were more new guys than old guys. Next thing you know the "new" guys outnumbered the old ones and the tables turned. Always watch out for your fellow union brother/sister. We want to make sure we are looking out for each other in every contract. Let's make it better for the ones who follow in our footsteps.

I GOT ONE MORE

Beyond yours too judging from the amount of personal attacks in that post.

Have a Snickers
He started it and kept on going.
I have some good points.
My fault for not articulating them well.

This contract is the largest in the country, lots of smaller companies are watching very closely.
The teamsters need to win big, but not shoot for the moon.
This negotiation will set a big precedent.
Companies need to share in the wealth, but the lions share will and should lay with the shareholders.
It any of you started a business, you take the risks, you hire employees and you keep the lions share.

I don’t want to a strike. An agreement probably will be reached. But was at this company long enough to see the operation is being dumbed down in preparation for separation from the union.

It’s coming sooner or later.