I’m getting a 3 day

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
One of my favorite time honored tricks is to introduce that SOB to evrrybody. Butter him up,tell your customers he is Shot Caller,and if they have any problems they should let him know.

Also stop and argue with the prick over everything.If he says the sky is blue take at least 5 minutes and present a case that it is often green. Knock him off his rhythm,dont follow his script.

Put Suntan lotion on every two hours,hydrate at evrey stop and urinate every half hour.

Work at a pace you can sustain for 30 plus years and the louder he yells at you to go faster the safer you work

keep his ass out until 9 a couple of nights and they will find easier targets

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I know I need to follow the methods, but I’m a relatively new driver and don’t know them as well as I should. Any tips on how I can slow my day down with the methods?
340 methods slow everyone down 3/4ths of them are outdated and are not enforced due to the volume increase and 150 lb weight limit. All profit in the package division is made by the iregs and any international package. Use common sense,stay focused with a steady pace, organize your truck, know where your going,adjust the route according to air, try to deliver in the same area all at once if possible,write the address and number with a red permanent marker on the huge and bulk stops(that saves sorting time), put your stops on the dashboard, and stop worrying about the safety tips, that causes anxiety.

ManInBrown

There’s a thousand things you can do that will work in your favor. To many to list. I’ll give you 4

Do not let the sup hold any doors open for you.
Do not let them in the back of the car to help you find anything
Drink a lot of water in the morning. You’re afforded as many bathroom breaks as you need. Does not matter the distance you need to travel to get to said bathroom
Do not let him distract you while driving. If he or she starts talking about anything safety related. Tell them you’re going to pull over to the side of the road so you can give them your undivided attention

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
I thought I was the only one who knew that trick.

Do it on the highway.... where the speed limit is 65.

Solves that problem.

-Bug-
The part I didn't mention was that the first occurrence always happened on the highway. After leaving the building, right as you got on the highway, you headed up a steep grade. My P1000 at the time was a dog. With a 65mph run at the hill, you were lucky if it maintained 40mph up the hill for about 5-6 minutes. Supe decided to start flapping his gums while I was just hitting the start of the grade, engine screaming. I pull over. I give him my standard no talking while driving line. Pull into 1st lane...top out at 7mph all the way up the hill. It was hard to keep a poker face on. Inside I was laughing my ass off all the way up that mountain. My normal 15min drive to my route took almost 30-35min.

Later in the day he told me I was driving too slow in residential areas. Speed posted was 25mph, I was driving 25mph exactly. He "instructed" me to pick up my driving pace. I told him that I would like it in writing that you are instructing me to violate the law. Pout, whine, grrrrr...

He was also trying to open doors, again pout, whine, grrr...

Needless to say, it was a fun day. I loved when they rode with me. It was my opportunity to torture them!

Future

Victory Ride
The part I didn't mention was that the first occurrence always happened on the highway. After leaving the building, right as you got on the highway, you headed up a steep grade. My P1000 at the time was a dog. With a 65mph run at the hill, you were lucky if it maintained 40mph up the hill for about 5-6 minutes. Supe decided to start flapping his gums while I was just hitting the start of the grade, engine screaming. I pull over. I give him my standard no talking while driving line. Pull into 1st lane...top out at 7mph all the way up the hill. It was hard to keep a poker face on. Inside I was laughing my ass off all the way up that mountain. My normal 15min drive to my route took almost 30-35min.

Later in the day he told me I was driving too slow in residential areas. Speed posted was 25mph, I was driving 25mph exactly. He "instructed" me to pick up my driving pace. I told him that I would like it in writing that you are instructing me to violate the law. Pout, whine, grrrrr...

Needless to say, it was a fun day. I loved when they rode with me. It was my opportunity to torture them!
B3F48EDB-3C5D-4668-8BC5-E56D7175BE64.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
One thing they used to like doing here is get new drivers caught up by not remembering 5 stops in a row.... drivers who don’t have their own route won’t be able to remember them and will start forgetting then not know where to go even for the next house or business.. there’s nothing in the methods with EDD that states you need to know 5, 10, or 50 stops in advance...just focus on the next stop and don’t let them rush you in the back of the truck... like bug said if they have a problem with it have them drive for a while and ask them what is the next 5 stops, next air stop, next stop and how many pkgs for it and the hin number, next rear door stop, next floor stop... next call tag, next on route up, ...see, it’s almost impossible and there’s no way in hell the sup will be able to do that.... finally don’t let them rush your walk pace... the sup I had for awhile was Notorious for speedwalking....I had to shut that :censored2: down the first 4 or 5 stops.... ultimately in my years of pkg I saw NOBODY fired from production and just saw it as a scare tactic....friend em’ stand up for yourself and throw some of their bs back in their face....

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Most of them knew it wouldnt amount to anything no matter what I did out there.... some of the old time OCS know within the first hour if you are really out there giving a fair effort (not going all dave)or if you were trying to make a point..in the end it’s just a dog and pony show....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What i tell the new guys in my Center is to "make the methods work for you, instead of working for the methods"
And NOBODY is going to do everything perfect... they will find things you are doing wrong and use that right back at them when they demonstrate how they want the job done... in the end you are just delivering cardboard and it is totally ridiculous that this kind of job has so many rules and methods associated with it....

Siveriano

And NOBODY is going to do everything perfect... they will find things you are doing wrong and use that right back at them when they demonstrate how they want the job done... in the end you are just delivering cardboard and it is totally ridiculous that this kind of job has so many rules and methods associated with it....
you are right noone is perfect but the more they correct me the more methods i apply until they realize is better to stay back and pick on the newbs.
Managemenet will always find a reason to discipline you but it dont mean you have to be scare of them, if they push me, i push them stronger.
If you apply enough methods you will have an easier job at UPS, if you run or cut corners well not so much.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
you are right noone is perfect but the more they correct me the more methods i apply until they realize is better to stay back and pick on the newbs.
Managemenet will always find a reason to discipline you but it dont mean you have to be scare of them, if they push me, i push them stronger.
If you apply enough methods you will have an easier job at UPS, if you run or cut corners well not so much.
Absolutely but don’t try to overthink things.....do the basic things.... grab handrAils, 3 pt of contact, call out ups, use the handtruck for larger loads, put pkgs on step get down then grab boxes, you get my drift....I knew which sups didn’t want to be out with me and which ones were going to be :censored2:s and I planned my day and attitude toward them accordingly....