UnconTROLLed

perfection
Care to expand? Is there another piece of ppe that requires a clean shaven face? I know you can still get a tight seal with a scba by simply shaving your neck, but that could be subject to different styles of masks.
Everyone's face shape, size, and facial hair is different. Even your facial hair can grow faster or slower depending upon metabolism and other factors. You made a blanket statement that is simply not true for everyone. Yes it is possible to get a perfect seal with a beard like Santa Claus, then there are others who have a 5-oclock shadow, there is not a seal.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Everyone's face shape, size, and facial hair is different. Even your facial hair can grow faster or slower depending upon metabolism and other factors. You made a blanket statement that is simply not true for everyone. Yes it is possible to get a perfect seal with a beard like Santa Claus, then there are others who have a 5-oclock shadow, there is not a seal.

General statements aren't necessarily meant to apply everyone. I would hope that if someone is unable to get a seal on a scba regardless of how well they shave, they would not be put in a hazardous situation requiring it. Out of curiosity, how exactly could you get a seal on an scba while sporting a full santa beard?

Lynn Sias

If you have the proper paper work this is a no no

Technically you would be able to sue ups as they are not following federal law. They are discriminating against you due to a medical condition.

Half of my center (drivers) have beards. As long as the paper work is proper ups can’t do :censored2:.
UPS has a no besrds policy You should have been aware of this. If you need a waiver call the HRSC service center at 855 877 4772 and request a waiver for PBF. It needs to be a close cropped beard. That is the policy.. Has been since Casey started UPS.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPS has a no besrds policy You should have been aware of this. If you need a waiver call the HRSC service center at 855 877 4772 and request a waiver for PBF. It needs to be a close cropped beard. That is the policy.. Has been since Casey started UPS.

Very informative post