alright, so up until the point where I was hired as a part-time supervisor I have never shaved my beard, but to get straight to the point , I got a doctors note. After getting my note I brought it to my gateway manager, and he tells me I would have to work the same position (part- time supervisor) at our local hub.

Or I can shave and continue working at my current position. Going through this little situation, I was just curious to know the no shave policy for management.

Not to mention I work in operations, and come in no contact with any customers.

542thruNthru

giphy-downsized.gif

Oooohhhh this should be good! :)

Faceplanted

If you have the proper paper work this is a no no

Technically you would be able to sue ups as they are not following federal law. They are discriminating against you due to a medical condition.

Half of my center (drivers) have beards. As long as the paper work is proper ups can’t do :censored2:.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Technically you would be able to sue ups as they are not following federal law. They are discriminating against you due to a medical condition.

Half of my center (drivers) have beards. As long as the paper work is proper ups can’t do :censored2:.

Do gateway employees have to have the ability to wear safety equipment? Would having a beard keep this individual from wearing that safety equipment?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
It’s amazing to me over the past 15 yrs or so , the amount of people getting drs notes to have a beard ,, as to the amount who needed them my first 15 yrs here !!
With the arrival of medical technology and medicine you’d think skin conditions would be better !!
Or is this just another excuse for the “me generation, millennials “
To once again , get their own way !

Maplewood

You could tell them you are converting to Muslim? You don't even need a DR note.

Or you can have the rough parts of your beard Laser Removed then you can shave every day again.

DieHardUPSER

Not entirely true, UPS has the right to move you to another position if that's what the accommodation would be.
ENFORCEMENT GUIDANCE: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION AND UNDUE HARDSHIP UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
alright, so up until the point where I was hired as a part-time supervisor I have never shaved my beard, but to get straight to the point , I got a doctors note. After getting my note I brought it to my gateway manager, and he tells me I would have to work the same position (part- time supervisor) at our local hub.

Or I can shave and continue working at my current position. Going through this little situation, I was just curious to know the no shave policy for management.

Not to mention I work in operations, and come in no contact with any customers.
If it was shave or get fired, what would you choose?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I swear to God , if most of these kids were yelled at or treated like us older guys were say 20-3o yrs ago , they wouldah needed mommy , a safe room or theropy !!! We were just happy to finally get shorts ! !!!!!!
Jesus Christ people ,,, man the friend up !!!!!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It’s amazing to me over the past 15 yrs or so , the amount of people getting drs notes to have a beard ,, as to the amount who needed them my first 15 yrs here !!
With the arrival of medical technology and medicine you’d think skin conditions would be better !!
Or is this just another excuse for the “me generation, millennials “
To once again , get their own way !
Plus, the beard looks like crap.