I can’t stand you UPS guys

Zowert

Had a customer go off on me yesterday for a late package. It was for a rather large apartment complex, the address was correct but there was no unit number. So I sheeted it APT on Monday. Delivered it yesterday and since it was signature required I had to meet the customer. The first thing this dude says when he answers the door, “This was supposed to be here yesterday!”

“Sorry sir, I didn’t have a unit number to deliver it to.”

He then insisted I should’ve tried harder to reach him. I asked him if I should’ve knocked on every door in the complex and his reply, “if that’s what it takes yes!”

“Okay, have a nice day sir!”

He couldn’t leave it at that, before slamming his door his exact words.. “I guess this is what I should expect from idiots who get paid minimum wage to carry boxes around. God, I CANT STAND YOU UPS GUYS!” I literally LOL’d as he slammed his door, which probably pissed him off more.

This made me wonder, when a package is going to an apartment and there’s no unit number on the shipping label is that on our end or did the customer forget to enter their apt # when they ordered it? I always thought it was a somewhat common mistake people made while shopping online. Does anyone know if this is ever a UPS friend-up?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Had a customer go off on me yesterday for a late package. It was for a rather large apartment complex, the address was correct but there was no unit number. So I sheeted it APT on Monday. Delivered it yesterday and since it was signature required I had to meet the customer. The first thing this dude says when he answers the door, “This was supposed to be here yesterday!”

He then insisted I should’ve tried harder to reach him. I asked him if I should’ve knocked on every door in the complex and his reply, “if that’s what it takes yes!”

He couldn’t leave it at that, before slamming his door his exact words.. “I guess this is what I should expect from idiots who get paid minimum wage to carry boxes around. God, I CANT STAND YOU UPS GUYS!” I literally LOL’d as he slammed his door, which probably :censored2: him off more.

This made me wonder, when a package is going to an apartment and there’s no unit number on the shipping label is that on our end or did the customer forget to enter their apt # when they ordered it? I always thought it was a somewhat common mistake people made while shopping online. Does anyone know if this is ever a UPS friend-up?
Lol. If he only knew.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
How does it cost them? Are they charged for each attempt? Sorry I’m kind of stupid, help me understand.
uneducated in the ways of something does not equal stupid my brother. do not short change yourself but yes, my address corrections depending on the type get billed to the shippers acct. like $8 was the last figure i heard a few years ago

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

He couldn’t leave it at that, before slamming his door his exact words.. “I guess this is what I should expect from idiots who get paid minimum wage to carry boxes around. God, I CANT STAND YOU UPS GUYS!” I literally LOL’d as he slammed his door, which probably :censored2: him off more.

That dude gets "special" treatment... Oops, CNL...

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Shocked he didn't say "That's why FedEx is kicking your ass"