I did the unthinkable

JL 0513

If you need a $100K job to be able to not stress about money you've made some pretty bad financial decisions.

The average house in my area is $500K. Sounds like $100K goes far where you live but not everywhere. It's relative and dependant on tons of factors.

I'm on pace for about $105K+ this year. My wife more than that. And we still don't feel at all "wealthy".

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The average house in my area is $500K. Sounds like $100K goes far where you live but not everywhere. It's relative and dependant on tons of factors.

I'm on pace for about $105K+ this year. My wife more than that. And we still don't feel at all "wealthy".
What is the attraction of that particular area?

possibleparrot381

Sure, but the extra 20+ hours a week of family time might be well worth it. Who the hell knows how long we have on this earth anyway??? Slave for 30 years and pray you live to reap the benefits of sacrificing your personal life to the man. It’s honorable, but we just may be the stupid ones; delivering pkgs at 9 pm while our children say their first words and take their first steps...this is an amazing job, I’m lucky to have it, but there’s more than one way to make a good batch of lemonade
I've always talked like this and people think I'm nuts. It's weird I like my family I guess.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They dont use clipboards and pencils anymore

In 2020, FXG is now using pens!

2020-09-09-19-54-33-jpg.309137

rod

Retired 22 years
21 stops?
WOW- I see FedEx has increased their drivers stop count also. The Fedex (express) driver who basically ran the same route I did usually went out with 12 -15 stops. With a lot of goofing off he was done by 3 every day. He always said he was jealous of me because I got overtime.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
After 17 years, I quit! I’m going to be having a few beers while throwing my uniforms in the fire pit this weekend.

That is all
I almost quit a few times in my younger days. One of those times I told myself I could never just quit at the moment. I had to sleep on it and then quit the next day if I was going to do it. Well I’ve been here 39yrs and 2 months and I’m retiring 10/30/20 at 57 yrs old. I have thought the first thing I’m going to do 10/31/20 is sit on my back porch in the morning and think of the many times I almost quit.

Last edited: