I got a lot of questions!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Once you test positive, they can and will test you randomly whenever they want. And they *will* test you. Driver, you probably have, arguably, one of the best jobs in this company. A job some people will never have the chance to get into. Wow. Just wow.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
At this point marijuana will probably cause you more stress than it’ll alleviate. It caused me too much stress once I started training for package car, I honestly felt like a jackass every time I went to smoke. Felt like I was smoking my life away.

If you do smoke weed at this point it’ll probably only stress you out and have you hella paranoid for days.
Not worth it.

If that’s the case he needs to find a better plug

Turdferguson

Just a turd
giphy (6).gif

Real mature, be sure to come back when you get fired for testing positive a second time

Johney

What feeder driver with a CDL doesn't know they are subject to random testing ?

And yet.... smokes weed.
No excuse but, we have some guys go for years without getting hit and some hit all the time. Maybe he was one that never got hit and figured he could get away with it?

UrFellowUpser

I use to smoke mad weed when i was a preloader but when i became a ft package car driver i just stopped. Being a driver is a serious job and i need to focus on what im doing everyday and follow every method i learned from UPS all day everyday until i retire.I do miss it but you never know when you get a random and the pay is too good. I cant :censored2: this opportunity that ive been givin up. I remember working minimum wage jobs and not getting paid :censored2: and i dont want to go back to that plus i have a wife a three kids to feed.

Last edited:

Zowert

I was surprised they didn’t test drivers for liability reasons. I thought they’d want to keep drug users and/or addicts off the road under their insurance. Then I started driving and the answer to why they don’t drug test was obvious, they don’t need to.

I know a few people who are heavily addicted to hard drugs like meth and heroin. They’re the most unreliable and people I’ve met. Their behavior alone makes it obvious they’re using, not to mention the track marks on their arms. There is no way they’d be able to pass driver training as they can’t go more than four hours without sticking a needle in their arm.

For package handlers; Drug testing people for a job with a turnover rate as high as 70% in some areas would cost the company way too much money. As long as a handler can put packages on the right shelf in the morning (and set all my next-day air in the cab) I really don’t care what you’re doing on your off time.

Getting high really isn’t worth losing your pension IMO. You can catch up on all the partying you missed after you retire.

Last edited:

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
I was surprised they didn’t test drivers for liability reasons. I thought they’d want to keep drug users and/or addicts off the road under their insurance. Then I started driving and the answer to why they don’t drug test was obvious, they don’t need to.

I know a few people who are heavily addicted to hard drugs like meth and heroin. They’re the most unreliable and people I’ve met. Their behavior alone makes it obvious they’re using, not to mention the track marks on their harms. There is no way they’d be able to pass driver training as they can’t go more than four hours without sticking a needle in their arm.

For package handlers; Drug testing people for a job with a turnover rate as high as 70% in some areas would cost the company way too much money. As long as a handler can put packages on the right shelf in the morning (and set all my next-day air in the cab) I really don’t care what you’re doing on your off time.

Getting high really isn’t worth losing your pension IMO. You can catch up on all the partying you missed after you retire.
I'd say 80% of the welders at my last job would have been fired if they randomly drug tested. Saw a guy pass out on heroin with the fluxcore still burning. He was suspended and told to go to rehab but not forced. To be honest, he was a hell of a welder.