I plan on becoming a steward. Mark my words. (PT/Package Handler ATM)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
All I will say is this: Sarcasm and discouragement is exactly why I see a lot of new-hires quit. That and a lack of empathy from fellow Brothers. You guys have to understand and adapt to how the new generation thinks and handles things. Consider the following: Imagine growing up in a Right to Work state your whole life and getting a union job for the first time and your exposure to it is literally no one helping you out, no old heads approach you to show the ropes, and they only have their scab sups and managers to go to because prior to a union job, they never had Brother solidarity. I understand new people and PT people don't stay long, but if the union is to stay strong, we have to speak to others through a mirror, so to speak. My parents raised me on the principles on busting ass and making a name for yourself. Keeping your mouth shut and dealing with it. I also grew up amongst the new generation, being in my late 20s almost 30. Most people can't read above a 4th grade level. Imagine giving a 200 page packet to someone who for their whole life, only read when necessary in class.
Lol
Wow, you do like to hear yourself ramble

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah screw me for attempting to ask about union stuff on browncafe since I have to wait on probation to even participate in union meetings. Very cool.
Sorry Pete but your not cut out to be a steward. just in the little interaction I’ve seen here
Your skins way to thin and you’re a hothead

W

WestCoastBrown

Sorry Pete but your not cut out to be a steward. just in the little interaction I’ve seen here
Your skins way to thin and you’re a hothead
Whatever dude. I’ll prove you wrong by not being a pushover and actually putting through grievances unlike some pushover siding with management.

W

WestCoastBrown

Are you even in the union yet?
I can’t even join yet because of probation, but I had to go out of my way to even meet my stewards since they don’t introduce themselves. I would absolutely be paying my dues right now if I could. I always read the contract off work hours when I can from the PDF sticky here.

I can’t even join yet because of probation, but I had to go out of my way to even meet my stewards since they don’t introduce themselves. I would absolutely be paying my dues right now if I could. I always read the contract off work hours when I can from the PDF sticky here.
In that case you have not been here long enough to understand everything goes on here
But carry on

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
All day I keep wanting to thumb down every one of your posts I see because I keep thinking you're @UPSER1987 who used to used that same avatar.

W

WestCoastBrown

They know each other...

Real well
Dude this is the most insane conclusion I have ever heard. All I wanted to do was be enthusiastic about joining. I figured people would be ecstatic about it. Instead I just get boomer replies. Keep living like everyone is against you.

W

WestCoastBrown

This totally killed my enthusiasm. Thanks everyone for making joining the union feel so welcoming. I think i’ll just stick with bidding for driver. Sorry for wasting everyones time.

542thruNthru

Dude this is the most insane conclusion I have ever heard. All I wanted to do was be enthusiastic about joining. I figured people would be ecstatic about it. Instead I just get boomer replies. Keep living like everyone is against you.
Dude, you need to settle down. These guys are just razzing you. It's the internet.

This is what I mean by thicker skin brother.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
This totally killed my enthusiasm. Thanks everyone for making joining the union feel so welcoming. I think i’ll just stick with bidding for driver. Sorry for wasting everyones time.
shove-push.gif