VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Today I had the same 4 trucks to preload. It was hell. A :censored2:ty packed box of books opened under the weight of itself and it caused me to get backed up with packages. My scanner then decided to fail and my supervisor wasn't around to help me so I asked another preloader. My supervisor was angry when he saw that this was like the third time I let packages get backed up. I talked to an older package handler after work and he said I could just go ask to work in sort or offload, which I have done and I like it way better. I'm not union yet and the way this preload is going my supervisor said I might not make it. How could I ask to be stationed anywhere else in the hub? I'm kinda bummed that I can't keep up.
(third week at ups so far)

Your supervisor sounds like a part timer, don't let the polo shirt fool you, he has no real power there. Find the person who has been there the longest and ask them for advice. Don't get discouraged, you'll learn everything eventually. Welcome to UPS.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Three weeks and you’re already doing four cars. either you aren’t as bad as you think or they are just extremely short staffed. Either one of the two should make you feel safe because they won’t fire anybody who is willing to show up to unload. We can’t keep people a month here.

Brandon5658

Three weeks and you’re already doing four cars. either you aren’t as bad as you think or they are just extremely short staffed. Either one of the two should make you feel safe because they won’t fire anybody who is willing to show up to unload. We can’t keep people a month here.
Oh wow. Haha probably understaffed so I feel like my job is safe. I'll keep trying.

Brandon5658

Your supervisor sounds like a part timer, don't let the polo shirt fool you, he has no real power there. Find the person who has been there the longest and ask them for advice. Don't get discouraged, you'll learn everything eventually. Welcome to UPS.
Yeah he's a PT supervisor with the polo lol. Ups beanie and jacket as well. Says he's been a pt supervisor for like 14 years or something. Anyway i'll ask the sort supervisor if I can work in sort or something.

Daf

Today I had the same 4 trucks to preload. It was hell. A :censored2:ty packed box of books opened under the weight of itself and it caused me to get backed up with packages. My scanner then decided to fail and my supervisor wasn't around to help me so I asked another preloader. My supervisor was angry when he saw that this was like the third time I let packages get backed up. I talked to an older package handler after work and he said I could just go ask to work in sort or offload, which I have done and I like it way better. I'm not union yet and the way this preload is going my supervisor said I might not make it. How could I ask to be stationed anywhere else in the hub? I'm kinda bummed that I can't keep up.
Giving you 4 cars on your third week is expecting a lot. Then to get mad at you for getting backed up is ridiculous. It is their own fault for not having enough help. Keep your head up and keep trying.

Staydryitsraining

Make 30 days. Your response anytime a supervisor tells you your not doing good or you need to try harder is, your doing the best you can.

IESucks

Don't sweat it, do what you can at a good honest pace. The amount of boxes and trucks they want you to do is always unrealistic. The time restraints are unrealistic. Welcome to a union job.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Tell the supervisor to load 4 trucks and you'll watch him to see how it's done.

Those kind of management people are a dime a dozen.

boswharfs

Tell your supervisor you care, you're not dumb, you're not lazy. Then ask him what he can do to help make you successful. Put the ball back in his court where it belongs. Once trained properly, the job is almost all effort. Also, build a relationship with your drivers, most are willing to help given that they are most affected by the quality of the load; and it's refreshing to see someone who cares.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Bro I've been preloading for 4 years i suck too. The management and my coworkers alike hate me I don't give a :censored2: though.

I mean I'm a good loader but if you think I give 2 :censored2:s about how fast

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon5658

Tell your supervisor you care, you're not dumb, you're not lazy. Then ask him what he can do to help make you successful. Put the ball back in his court where it belongs. Once trained properly, the job is almost all effort. Also, build a relationship with your drivers, most are willing to help given that they are most affected by the quality of the load; and it's refreshing to see someone who cares.
Thank you bro. My supervisor was helping me a lot but my center manager was like "You know we could use you in sort and unloading. Lets give that a try."
I love it so far. Ask and you shall receive I guess. Still appreciate the advice.

J.p

Tell me about it.... on my 4 lth week i was given 6 trucks ..... and now this is my 9th week they give me 8 trucks ... and im a female sometimes i get so bummed out cus i want to make it ... but dam it feels like its too muc

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Tell me about it.... on my 4 lth week i was given 6 trucks ..... and now this is my 9th week they give me 8 trucks ... and im a female sometimes i get so bummed out cus i want to make it ... but dam it feels like its too muc
Hang in there, Peak is just around the corner.