Brandon5658

Today I had the same 4 trucks to preload. It was hell. A :censored2:ty packed box of books opened under the weight of itself and it caused me to get backed up with packages. My scanner then decided to fail and my supervisor wasn't around to help me so I asked another preloader. My supervisor was angry when he saw that this was like the third time I let packages get backed up. I talked to an older package handler after work and he said I could just go ask to work in sort or offload, which I have done and I like it way better. I'm not union yet and the way this preload is going my supervisor said I might not make it. How could I ask to be stationed anywhere else in the hub? I'm kinda bummed that I can't keep up.
(third week at ups so far)

Yolo

You won't be fired if you show up to work every day. Just don't steal anything, don't hit anyone and wait until you get seniority before you tell the sup to eat your ass.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Today I had the same 4 trucks to preload. It was hell. A :censored2:ty packed box of books opened under the weight of itself and it caused me to get backed up with packages. My scanner then decided to fail and my supervisor wasn't around to help me so I asked another preloader. My supervisor was angry when he saw that this was like the third time I let packages get backed up. I talked to an older package handler after work and he said I could just go ask to work in sort or offload, which I have done and I like it way better. I'm not union yet and the way this preload is going my supervisor said I might not make it. How could I ask to be stationed anywhere else in the hub? I'm kinda bummed that I can't keep up.
You are new and it is going to take time. They won't move you any time soon. It takes time to figure out a good method to loading. Eventually if your on the same trucks you will figure it out

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Tell the supervisor to bring you extra batteries, the scanners are not that hard to figure out

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who cares if you keep up ? Just punch in, punch out, and collect a paycheck.