I want my 401k money now!!!

I just went thru this with my last company . You are correct about the restrictions and like you said , maybe one or two more . But they changed the rules a few years back and they will not let ya get it , even with penalties . Unless you leave employment or the situations that you mentioned . It doesn’t seem right and we all beat this to death @ our base closure .
Because it's a retirement plan, not a slush fund

C_Rocker

Because it's a retirement plan, not a slush fund
Haha , No , it’s certainly not a slush fund . And I never treated it as such . I was just supporting a previous post and relaying how I came to learn their rules .and changes . Some of my friends needed to use some of theirs at a hard time . We do get the tax advantages from the investment therefore the restrictions in return , I suppose .

Haha , No , it’s certainly not a slush fund . And I never treated it as such . I was just supporting a previous post and relaying how I came to learn their rules .and changes . Some of my friends needed to use some of theirs at a hard time . We do get the tax advantages from the investment therefore the restrictions in return , I suppose .
UPS makes a lot more restrictions then what the IRS allows

C_Rocker

UPS makes a lot more restrictions then what the IRS allows
Oh really ? Well , it’s best to consider it invested than to fool with ever wanting it back early then . I’m just getting started here so I pretty much have everything to learn ! Just keeping my eyes and ears open for a good while !!

Oh really ? Well , it’s best to consider it invested than to fool with ever wanting it back early then . I’m just getting started here so I pretty much have everything to learn ! Just keeping my eyes and ears open for a good while !!
That's why you keep cash and liquid savings for the short term. You keep the 401k money alone and let the power of compounding be your friend

Future

Victory Ride
That's why you keep cash and liquid savings for the short term. You keep the 401k money alone and let the power of compounding be your friend
65191A8C-D472-4963-A77B-A559A5532AC9.gif

Faceplanted

If it drops to 5500 I’ll have lost all my savings and everything I ever had!!!! Reeeeeeeeeee!!!!! Trying to figure out if the old car in the garage with the door closed will work.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Ooooo noooo!!!! I lost all my money!!!! What do browncafe?

What is shorting bitcoin brown cafe?

Oh no! A highly violatile class of assets happens to be down this week!!!! Omg!!!! What do?????

Maybe one day you boomers will realize I never owned any bitcoin. In the other crypto thread I posted I’m currently only holding GVT and AMB. I’m all in on those 2 coins, and I have also been using my play stack to short/long bitcoin with leverage.

Stay poor.
Wow you are dumb.....youre going to end up in debt. Not only did you buy two :censored2:coins.....you are using leverage on an extremely volatile market....that's worse than using leverage on penny stocks....experienced day traders don't even use leverage on relatively safe stocks...

Wow you are dumb.....youre going to end up in debt. Not only did you buy two :censored2:coins.....you are using leverage on an extremely volatile market....that's worse than using leverage on penny stocks....experienced day traders don't even use leverage on relatively safe stocks...
The SEC won’t even let you day trade cash unless you have over 25K in your account. But you can do your 3 round trip trades leveraged to the hilt. What a scam.

Faceplanted

Did you "loose"?
Yes. I lost everything I got. Literally. My wife is mad and is probably gonna ask for a divorce due to my stupid investing. I dumped our whole joint savings into crypto currency.

You guys were right!!!! :censored2:!!!

Just put a long in x25.

The the car has no cat cat converter.... I’m checking the garage seal to make sure it will be quick. Obviously joking guys. Don’t swat my house

Last edited: