Iamfedex.com/Newest PR Scam

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I viewed the site and I am so happy that all FDX employees are so happy! Fred looks so refreshed and aged and the Historey of FDX is so .inspiring. I want go get my own Falcons and start a great company.

It seems like two or three on BC are not happy with FDX, but lots more are very happy on IAMFEDEX.

Alkways the same. Good luck to All!!:happy-very:

Everyone is happy at Iamfedex.com. Just like the rest of us.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Don't be so naive. Debate is all about style. That's why the sentence, "I come to bury Cesar, not to praise him." is so absolutely delicious.
Then why are you a Fed Ex employee instead of some great public speaker?

FedEx courier

I know this sounds stupid but is the iamfedex site actually supposed to be a forum similar to this where employees actually voice any opinion they have about the company. It honestly turns my stomach that they feel like that is a forum where their employees can actually go and honestly discuss issues. The P.R. at FedEx is so out of touch with reality that it isn't funny anymore. Do they not know the site just looks like ridiculous propaganda, I mean would they publish a video about someone who wasn't happy with some of their experiences. The site seems like it's straight out of the Benito Mussolini's propaganda playbook.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know this sounds stupid but is the iamfedex site actually supposed to be a forum similar to this where employees actually voice any opinion they have about the company. It honestly turns my stomach that they feel like that is a forum where their employees can actually go and honestly discuss issues. The P.R. at FedEx is so out of touch with reality that it isn't funny anymore. Do they not know the site just looks like ridiculous propaganda, I mean would they publish a video about someone who wasn't happy with some of their experiences. The site seems like it's straight out of the Benito Mussolini's propaganda playbook.

It is. FedEx scientists were able to obtain some of his DNA and had him cloned into the worthless blob known as Maury, our PR mouthpiece.They've also hired some former KGB agents and Pravda writers to be propaganda experts. Seriously, it is quite sickening, obvious, and very desperate. It's completely one-sided, just like Brownbailout.com and all of the other lies that come from Memphis.

quadro

It is. FedEx scientists were able to obtain some of his DNA and had him cloned into the worthless blob known as Maury, our PR mouthpiece.They've also hired some former KGB agents and Pravda writers to be propaganda experts. Seriously, it is quite sickening, obvious, and very desperate. It's completely one-sided, just like Brownbailout.com and all of the other lies that come from Memphis.
Because out of 275,000 employees there can't possibly be any happy employees. Oh, and the sentiment at browncafe.com doesn't lean to one side? Why would FedEx put up something like that if it wasn't meant to be seen in a positive light? I suppose it is actually quite clever of you to take an obvious fact and spin it to make it more obvious and then use it for your propaganda.

The fact is that no matter what negative spin you put on FedEx, there are actually employees who are happy with their job. It's not because they are brainwashed, as you often imply, it's simply because they do. It clearly aggravates you that some people might be happy with FedEx and it's unfortunate that you appear to allow it to consume your feelings.

Perhaps if you get your wish and there's a vote, then maybe you'll take a step back and at least acknowledge that some people are indeed happy with what they have because it is a good deal for them.

I am not saying that FedEx is Utopia. Far from it. I'm simply saying that some people actually like their job and they are not scamming anyone by telling you they like their job.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Because out of 275,000 employees there can't possibly be any happy employees. Oh, and the sentiment at browncafe.com doesn't lean to one side? Why would FedEx put up something like that if it wasn't meant to be seen in a positive light? I suppose it is actually quite clever of you to take an obvious fact and spin it to make it more obvious and then use it for your propaganda.

The fact is that no matter what negative spin you put on FedEx, there are actually employees who are happy with their job. It's not because they are brainwashed, as you often imply, it's simply because they do. It clearly aggravates you that some people might be happy with FedEx and it's unfortunate that you appear to allow it to consume your feelings.

Perhaps if you get your wish and there's a vote, then maybe you'll take a step back and at least acknowledge that some people are indeed happy with what they have because it is a good deal for them.

I am not saying that FedEx is Utopia. Far from it. I'm simply saying that some people actually like their job and they are not scamming anyone by telling you they like their job.

Yes, there are some happy FedEx people. Just like some happy WalMart employees and Federal prisoners. Some folks would rather be in jail. I don't doubt that there are those just like you who are content with the status quo at Express. My "job" from Day 1 on this site has been to be educational and inform the ignorant that there is an alternative to the way it is. I'm never going to change your mind, or those who think the way you do. I fully realize that you are not in my target demographic. If you don't want to vote for a union...don't.

Broke

There are actually a few people who work at Mcdonolds that are happy too.

quadro

Yes, there are some happy FedEx people. Just like some happy WalMart employees and Federal prisoners. Some folks would rather be in jail. I don't doubt that there are those just like you who are content with the status quo at Express. My "job" from Day 1 on this site has been to be educational and inform the ignorant that there is an alternative to the way it is. I'm never going to change your mind, or those who think the way you do. I fully realize that you are not in my target demographic. If you don't want to vote for a union...don't.
Thank you for proving my point. You complain about the spin that FedEx puts on things but you do exactly the same thing. If you want to educate that's fine as that's what I want too. All the hyperbole that you exude just undermines your credibility.

Broke

Thanks for sharing. Not sure how that helps the discussion but good to know nonetheless.
Just pointing out that if you look long enough, then I'm sure you'll eventually find a "happy" employee at any company. Only Fedex would create a website to show how happy we are. Ridiculous.. how about letting us have a vote so we can really show it?

quadro

Just pointing out that if you look long enough, then I'm sure you'll eventually find a "happy" employee at any company.
How about a happy employee? Or only a "happy" employee? I would guess that those McDonald's employees that started cooking fries and are now managers or even owners are indeed happy. Probably making more than me. Anyway, what's your point?

FedExer267

So you started off as a courier and your going to make enough money to open your own FedEx branch.. The point is you will never get that working for Fred. Stand up and demand to be treated fairly. You have a opportunity to get what you deserve and you would be foolish not to atleast check it out. Just because your giving the right to vote dosent mean you will be unionized. Alot of us would really like to know how many happy employees there are at Express. I am thinking it is pretty close to the number of happy Ground drivers. Just a hunch

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How about a happy employee? Or only a "happy" employee? I would guess that those McDonald's employees that started cooking fries and are now managers or even owners are indeed happy. Probably making more than me. Anyway, what's your point?

Like he said, if so many of us are so freaking happy, why not just let us vote right now so we can confirm your hypothesis?

quadro

Like he said, if so many of us are so freaking happy, why not just let us vote right now so we can confirm your hypothesis?
No one is saying you can't vote right now. 3, 2, 1.....and here we go with the RLA prevents us from voting fallacy. So to respond in advance, it's simply a business decision by the unions to not spend the money required and risk a nationwide vote. Having local votes is so much cheaper for them and their overpaid executives (see, it goes both ways). If, as you and 267 believe, there are not many happy employees at FedEx, then the union has got nothing to lose by funding a nationwide vote. Surely they'd win because according to you and 267 there are so many unhappy employees, they'd vote a union in. You've even criticized the unions for not doing enough but yet you are willing to give them your money in hopes that they negotiate a better deal for you. That's quite a gamble. Personally, when a company isn't interested in having me as a customer, I'm not really interested in doing business with them.

vantexan

No one is saying you can't vote right now. 3, 2, 1.....and here we go with the RLA prevents us from voting fallacy. So to respond in advance, it's simply a business decision by the unions to not spend the money required and risk a nationwide vote. Having local votes is so much cheaper for them and their overpaid executives (see, it goes both ways). If, as you and 267 believe, there are not many happy employees at FedEx, then the union has got nothing to lose by funding a nationwide vote. Surely they'd win because according to you and 267 there are so many unhappy employees, they'd vote a union in. You've even criticized the unions for not doing enough but yet you are willing to give them your money in hopes that they negotiate a better deal for you. That's quite a gamble. Personally, when a company isn't interested in having me as a customer, I'm not really interested in doing business with them.

As you know, any employees who didn't participate in a nationwide vote under the old rules were counted as a "no" vote. Many employees won't participate out of fear of losing their job. Might be a valid fear, might not. But now that the NMB has ruled that it only takes a simple majority of participating employees then why don't we have a vote based on that? Afterall, those who love things as is will rush to participate to defend the status quo. Right?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Oh, please. Under the reformed RLA rules, a union is very possible. Under the old rules, which FedEx is fighting to keep, a union was virtually impossible and you know it. Cut the crap. If you're going to argue a point, at least have some ammunition, OK?

One thing I will agree with you on is the apparent apathy of the Teamsters. Maybe they are waiting for the outcome of the RLA appeal, or perhaps they're hanging on for the potential end of the Express Carrier Exemption. Either way, they're sitting on their hands.

quadro

As you know, any employees who didn't participate in a nationwide vote under the old rules were counted as a "no" vote. Many employees won't participate out of fear of losing their job. Might be a valid fear, might not. But now that the NMB has ruled that it only takes a simple majority of participating employees then why don't we have a vote based on that? Afterall, those who love things as is will rush to participate to defend the status quo. Right?
But as is often pointed out here, hardly anyone is happy at FedEx so even under the old rule, those unhappy people would surely vote for a union, wouldn't they? After all, if they vote it in, they would be protected. Speaking of which, now that the minority of employees gets to decide what's best for the majority, why would their fear change just because the rule changed? Are you implying that under the old rule those in favor were afraid because they might not win? How could that be if so many people are unhappy that they would vote in a union? I suspect the answer is simply that the union supporters aren't really sure of themselves in terms of how many supporters they really have and the unions aren't going to spend the money to find out.