Iamfedex.com/Newest PR Scam

quadro

Having a union will significantly raise the chances of solving the issue. As of right now, we have zero chance. Please attack me now for controlling the debate because I have dared to disgree with your point of view.
You are the one who attacks when people disagree with you, not I. I don't call you names, belittle you, throw out ad hominem arguments, etc. Now, to your point; I have little doubt that a union would negotiate for an increase in pay. Whether or not that pay increase is sufficient to offset the cost of dues, the increase in work load, the loss of jobs, etc, is open for debate. I do not believe it is worth the risk. That is my opinion and I don't really care whether you agree with it or not.

FedEx courier

You are the one who attacks when people disagree with you, not I. I don't call you names, belittle you, throw out ad hominem arguments, etc. Now, to your point; I have little doubt that a union would negotiate for an increase in pay. Whether or not that pay increase is sufficient to offset the cost of dues, the increase in work load, the loss of jobs, etc, is open for debate. I do not believe it is worth the risk. That is my opinion and I don't really care whether you agree with it or not.

Offset the cost of dues? Really? At UPS they don't pay for their benefits. Doesn't that "offset the cost of dues" and then some? Loss of jobs and increase in workload? Really? How can they get rid of people and increase their workload when the workload is and has been maxed out and they already have routes dissolved to the tightest tee possible. Not sure what kind of Candyland Chutes and Ladders station you work at where all these couriers are standing around then doing their cake routes but I should would like to work there. What is that magic non union solution to these problems that you keep suggesting but failing to identify.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

So sorry I've offended your sensitive feelings. Not.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ok. Very 1990's metrosexualish of you.:happy2:

Actually, I'm what you'd call a retrosexual. I never really understood the metrosexual thing, but whenever I saw one I would think they were having trouble deciding if they were AC or DC.

bbsam

Staff member
You are talking about a look. I am talking about a demeanor evidenced by an over concern with feelings.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are talking about a look. I am talking about a demeanor evidenced by an over concern with feelings.

Oh. If I'm "concerned" about quadro's feelings, it's total sarcasm. Whatever I post, I can be sure he's going to disagree with it. At least you don't sulk when I go after you. You get that it's OK to agree to disagree.

quadro

Offset the cost of dues? Really? At UPS they don't pay for their benefits. Doesn't that "offset the cost of dues" and then some? Loss of jobs and increase in workload? Really? How can they get rid of people and increase their workload when the workload is and has been maxed out and they already have routes dissolved to the tightest tee possible. Not sure what kind of Candyland Chutes and Ladders station you work at where all these couriers are standing around then doing their cake routes but I should would like to work there. What is that magic non union solution to these problems that you keep suggesting but failing to identify.
Sorry, didn't think I had to spell it out to the nth degree. Offsetting the cost of dues was just one item in the not all-inclusive list I presented. In other words, it is part and parcel of the whole deal. When considering whether or not a union would be best for you (you as in anyone reading this, not you personally) I think it's important that all aspects of that decision are considered. Would a union be able to negotiate zero cost benefits? Maybe, maybe not. Would a union be able to negotiate a 20% (for example) pay raise? Maybe, maybe not? When considering all the presumably positive things that a union may be able to achieve, there are negative items to consider. One of those items is union dues. May not be a significant impact for some people, might be for others. Is there something wrong with considering the cons as well as the pros as you seem to suggest?

As for loss of jobs and increased workload, if you think that each and every courier at each and every station is performing at maximum capacity then you are in for a rude awakening. Certainly there are couriers who are the best of the best in their station and couldn't do more. They probably don't have to worry about increased workload. However, the money to pay for all the things that people want a union to get them has to come from somewhere. It is unrealistic and unlikely that FedEx will say "ok, you got us, here's the key to our hidden safe and the billions of dollars to pay for what you want". More realistically some of that money will come from increased productivity. That will mean that those couriers who are not the best of the best will have to improve their performance. Once they do that, as there is not likely to be a huge increase in volume, there will be a need to cut routes. It might be one route in any given station or it might be more. Even if it is just one route, what happens to the person that was on that route? Easy to say that you don't care because it won't affect you but as is often stated here, having a union is about looking out for everyone.

Whether there is a union or not, there is no magic solution. There is no one size fits all. There is no satisfying 100% of the people 100% of the time. There is only doing what's best for the majority of the employees. Whether a union can get that or whether FedEx can provide that on its own is the big question. My opinion is that FedEx will find a way to provide that on its own. Clearly yours is that it will take a union. All I was pointing out is that there are pros and cons to both choices.

quadro

So sorry I've offended your sensitive feelings. Not.
Good comeback. I never said you've offended me. Quite the opposite if you take the time to read what I posted. "I don't really care whether you agree or not". Does that really sound like you've offended me or that I have sensitive feelings? You did, however, once again prove my point. As my post was in response to the way you post responses to those who would dare to disagree with you, you chose to respond by attacking the poster and not the post.

quadro

Oh. If I'm "concerned" about quadro's feelings, it's total sarcasm. Whatever I post, I can be sure he's going to disagree with it. At least you don't sulk when I go after you. You get that it's OK to agree to disagree.
I am perfectly ok with agreeing to disagree. Where do you get that I'm sulking in any of my posts? Once again, attacking the poster and not the post. It seems that it is you that cannot agree to disagree. Rather than disagree, you choose to infer that which isn't there and throw a few insults around. That's fine by me as it tends to show your true colors.

bbsam

Staff member
You've been coming after me? Well, I do declare, MF you do know how to make a fella blush! Metro or not you ARE a smooth talker! :surprised:And me playing so hard to get all this time!:happy-very:

FedEx courier

Whether there is a union or not, there is no magic solution. There is no one size fits all. There is no satisfying 100% of the people 100% of the time. There is only doing what's best for the majority of the employees. Whether a union can get that or whether FedEx can provide that on its own is the big question. My opinion is that FedEx will find a way to provide that on its own. Clearly yours is that it will take a union. All I was pointing out is that there are pros and cons to both choices.
If they aren' t providing it on their own now then why would they have a sudden change of heart? In my opinion a Union would get everybody something better than they have now. That is the point of it, and if you look at what a UPS package car driver has compared to a FedX courier don't see how you could say otherwise.