IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I enjoy seeing people’s workout rooms... snap a few pics if you don’t mind wilould like to see what kind of cool equipment you use...
I’ll take a few tomorrow. It’s not elaborate. Power rack, 500lbs of bumper plates, a pulley machine, treadmill, dip and pull-up bar and my baby (6 foot 100 lb heavy bag).

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I’ll take a few tomorrow. It’s not elaborate. Power rack, 500lbs of bumper plates, a pulley machine, treadmill, dip and pull-up bar and my baby (6 foot 100 lb heavy bag).
I’ve seen some YouTube videos where people have 100k worth of stuff in their home gym...

wide load

I’ve seen some YouTube videos where people have 100k worth of stuff in their home gym...
Yeah... I have a set of 2-50 lb dumbbells and they aren’t cheap... it’s crazy the cost of some steel and rubber... overpriced
I go old school. Free weights, limited machines. Best way to go is buy a decent bar but get all your plates used. My bumpers were expensive but now I look online for used. Some people think you don’t need to exercise as a driver but it helps out incredibly with fixing muscle imbalances.

F

Frankie's Friend

Do I think THEY an afford a strike? I'd say a lot of people can't. Depending on how long it would be of course. During the last strike, if it would have lasted much longer there would have been a mass crossing. Now, looking at a lot of the drivers I know, and their toys, I know they would be calling the union non stop asking when it would be over. Now if you are talking about part timers, I'd say they could handle a strike longer than a lot of full timers. A lot work other jobs, or live with their parents. The one's where this would be their primary job could have issues. I deal with all walks of life so to say people can't afford a strike is to general or generic of a question.

Now if someone was getting a five dollar raise I could see them voting for it, but if you only knew the hoops your elected officers have to jump through, just to get a decent turn out, you would think you were dealing with mentally challenged people.
There's a lot of pt timers (long timers) using the job for bennies as well.

Tony Q

There's a lot of pt timers (long timers) using the job for bennies as well.
Take solace in this friend. If you are in Teamcare your benefits are covered, in the event of a strike. Its been fun sparing with you and finding common ground. I'm glad to have interacted with you.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I go old school. Free weights, limited machines. Best way to go is buy a decent bar but get all your plates used. My bumpers were expensive but now I look online for used. Some people think you don’t need to exercise as a driver but it helps out incredibly with fixing muscle imbalances.
You ever look into some of the rogue bars.... not top of the line but made in us and they have a good warranty...

wide load

You ever look into some of the rogue bars.... not top of the line but made in us and they have a good warranty...
I have one rouge bar. Good stuff. Rated for 1600 lbs which I don’t understand why since the WR raw deadlift is 1041 by The Mountain. I did 505 at my biggest of 240 about 12 years ago. Much lighter these days. 195-205 throughout the year.

wilberforce15

I have one rouge bar. Good stuff. Rated for 1600 lbs which I don’t understand why since the WR raw deadlift is 1041 by The Mountain. I did 505 at my biggest of 240 about 12 years ago. Much lighter these days. 195-205 throughout the year.

Dynamic forces and acceleration on a bar can quickly double, triple, or quadruple the effective load on it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s the same reason why dive watches can go down to 200-500 meters and stay waterproof and working even though the average human can only go down 50 meters with gear...

The Range

In too deep
As this thread is now about barbells, vintage York bars are really good. You can often find the right models on craigslist. You won't find higher quality for a better price. More likely to be found on the east coast.