IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Not if they don’t want to vote. If you don’t have time to vote. Then quit bitchin and take what’s leftover
I voted no on the last contract and the one before it. The union decided to play games and just force it through. This next contract will be a no to. The drivers cant afford a strike.

A number of building in Northern California raised the starting wage to $15 last year to try to get people to work. Most of the new hires that stayed past a week always asked about how to get more hours. I would like to see 5 hour PT guarantee for work with a non split raise every year. The company could change the volume on shifts quickly. Its being done nightly in my building.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I voted no on the last contract and the one before it. The union decided to play games and just force it through. This next contract will be a no to. The drivers cant afford a strike.
Can’t afford it? I have a job at $36.16 an hour and live life on 40 hours a week. Then I have a part time job doing the exact same thing I do at my 40 hour job but usually average 10-15 hours a week but at $54.24. On August 1st 2018, my medical will be covered until January. You know who really can’t afford a strike?

Jkloc420

Can’t afford it? I have a job at $36.16 an hour and live life on 40 hours a week. Then I have a part time job doing the exact same thing I do at my 40 hour job but usually average 10-15 hours a week but at $54.24. On August 1st 2018, my medical will be covered until January. You know who really can’t afford a strike?
and I'm sure you live like it 2

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
and I'm sure you live like it 2
3 bed colonial, 2 leased cars, a dog, boat and hot tub, beer fridge stocked with GF 90’s and 120’s, hell I even home a gym in the house. Came a long way since my government cheese. The first question I asked when I started as a part timer was, “How do I become a driver?”.
Now the question is “What’s the least I can do and still survive?” Notice the difference?

Jkloc420

3 bed colonial, 2 leased cars, a dog, boat and hot tub, beer fridge stocked with GF 90’s and 120’s, hell I even home a gym in the house. Came a long way since my government cheese. The first question I asked when I started as a part timer was, “How do I become a driver?”.
Now the question is “What’s the least I can do and still survive?” Notice the difference?
vote no

F

Frankie's Friend

Once you see how many actually participated in this strike authorization vote you will want to puke. Trust me. It will be embarrassing.
Do you think they can afford to strike?
Do you think they wont vote themselves a 5 dollar raise?

Two different issues imo.

Tony Q

Do you think they can afford to strike?
Do you think they wont vote themselves a 5 dollar raise?

Two different issues imo.
Do I think THEY an afford a strike? I'd say a lot of people can't. Depending on how long it would be of course. During the last strike, if it would have lasted much longer there would have been a mass crossing. Now, looking at a lot of the drivers I know, and their toys, I know they would be calling the union non stop asking when it would be over. Now if you are talking about part timers, I'd say they could handle a strike longer than a lot of full timers. A lot work other jobs, or live with their parents. The one's where this would be their primary job could have issues. I deal with all walks of life so to say people can't afford a strike is to general or generic of a question.

Now if someone was getting a five dollar raise I could see them voting for it, but if you only knew the hoops your elected officers have to jump through, just to get a decent turn out, you would think you were dealing with mentally challenged people.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I enjoy seeing people’s workout rooms... snap a few pics if you don’t mind wilould like to see what kind of cool equipment you use...