IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

Yolo

The proposal doesn't sound that bad tbh. $15 to start? $1.25 annual raise? It sucks for dudes with 2-5 years in. But overall not horrible. Would be nice to have some sort of progression and a top out rate but whatever.

I mean I expected it to be much worse.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I could understand a bonus as a catch up type thing.
Kind of hard to argue that people doing the same job should make different amounts though.... that's a company tactic to divide us, clearly it's worked with the part timers.
no with the new system they got in, the jobs are not skilled anymore. I got that extra dollar 16 years ago and got grandfathered in with it. Now it is gone

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The proposal doesn't sound that bad tbh. $15 to start? $1.25 annual raise? It sucks for dudes with 2-5 years in. But overall not horrible. Would be nice to have some sort of progression and a top out rate but whatever.

I mean I expected it to be much worse.
Right now it's $12.50 after 4 years.
The union's proposal is $20 after 4 years.
Pretty good for a part time job with these benefits.
I expected worse too.... these are just proposals though.

UPS Preloader

Will The Contract Make UPS Deliver on Part-Time Pay?

The International Union has proposed:
  • $15 starting pay / $16 for skilled positions
  • $1 an hour raise every August 1
  • An extra annual 25¢ raise for part-timers
  • An increase in the part-time starting rate every year
This is an excellent proposal if the IBT doesn’t water it down. But there’s a loophole. All part-timers would only receive the $1.25 increase or the start rate, whichever is higher.
That means part-timers with five years of seniority would be making the same as a new hire! That’s not right and it has happened before.

I would consider accepting that as long as I got the $1.25 in addition to the August 1st $1.25. However there are still other issues that need to be resolved for me to vote yes.

Staydryitsraining

Right now it's $12.50 after 4 years.
The union's proposal is $20 after 4 years.
Pretty good for a part time job with these benefits.
I expected worse too.... these are just proposals though.
Why? Less part time employees due to automation. They can afford to pay more now just based on future projections of a lower labor force.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
they need a catch up raise, even if it is a one time dollar across the board. Have to separate the new hires from the people who put time in

Not if they don’t want to vote. If you don’t have time to vote. Then quit bitchin and take what’s leftover