IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

UPS is not paying PT $31+/hr. They are paying $12/hr and the rest goes into the Union benefit plan or the company pension plan.
Ups is paying $31 an hour. $12 in wages

My youngest son get paid $25 an hour. $25 in wages minus $1200 a month for insurance. = $18 an hour. NO PENSION.

BigBrown1234

My experience is when I hit a union shop for anything, the employees attempt to exhibit themselves in a professional manner with progressive knowledge.

Ex. A union grocery store apposed to non union like Wal Mart

Because the usual demographics are high school grads (if that) the common difference between union and non union businesses would be the compensation package (total pay)

So if you payed the Part Time employees $100 an hour imagine the competitiveness that environment would facilitate

So the Real Question is, can the company afford it.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster

My youngest son get paid $25 an hour. $25 in wages minus $1200 a month for insurance. = $18 an hour. NO PENSION.
Most pters don't even make it long enough to get benefits the amount that make it to get vested into the pension is even lower

Because you "cared" to ask, then said it doesn't matter???

Because you "transfer" on a whim, forfeiting your seniority, then blame it on the Union.

Seriously Brother, you may need to seek help.
What does it matter why I transfer? I know the rules, I abide by the rules. I’m ok with the rules. If I’m out of a job after a strike, I will move on because of the union rules.

You have never come across a rule you didn’t like? Some here have a problem if I work at FedEx after 28 years because of union rules.

Most pters don't even make it long enough to get benefits the amount that make it to get vested into the pension is even lower
1 year for benefits. 5 years to be vested in pension.

What is ups paying into their pension, many never see?

I think here it’s $11 an hour after their 30 days

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
1 year for benefits. 5 years to be vested in pension.

What is ups paying into their pension, many never see?

I think here it’s $11 an hour after their 30 days
10.50 and that's still peanuts for the work we do. I believe back when it was 60 or 90 days for benefits but yeah keep trying

Tony Q

Medical costs in this country are a travesty. From what I've heard there is zero chance that we will be paying anything except deductibles topping out at four hundred for a whole family and co-pays.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What does it matter why I transfer? I know the rules, I abide by the rules. I’m ok with the rules. If I’m out of a job after a strike, I will move on because of the union rules.

You have never come across a rule you didn’t like? Some here have a problem if I work at FedEx after 28 years because of union rules.
It matters because it directly effects your employment, but I am starting to pick up on the clues you leave...

(Btw, it's not "Union rules", they are rules mutually negotiated between the Company and Union)
I am reducing expenses right now. Relandscaped the yard, evicting non paying tenants and eliminating moorage expenses.
Not sure why "relandscaping the yard" is relevant to the discussion, but the rest may be?

You didn't take out mortgages on a revolving ARM, did you.
It would fit your bipolar profile...."why not"...."what the heck"...."what does it matter, right?

Last edited:

It matters because it directly effects your employment, but I am starting to pick up on the clues you leave...

Not sure why "relandscaping the yard" is relevant to the discussion, but the rest may be?

You didn't take out mortgages on a revolving ARM, did you.
It would fit your bipolar profile...."why not"...."what the heck", right?
I relandscaped to to reduce moorage/storage fees. Now I can lease out 50’ of dock space.

Again, im ok with my transfers, I would do all but 1 again. A strike is the only thing to affect my employment. I can move on, my merit/contacts and work ethic will open doors. If I had to go into mgmt, I would get all my seniority back.

Transferring isn’t for anyone who doesn’t have the balls.

brown_trousers

Part time jobs aren' meant to live off of but they could at least pay the same pay rate across the board for all inside workers pt and ft. It' literally the same job just less hrs
Having a lower wage, part time work force, props up our FT pension and wages. There are other teamster businesses out there that dont allow as much part time work as we do. They have lower wages and lower pensions. I believe there might be a corelation there

brown_trousers

Let me put it this way,

The part time turnover rate would be seriously slowed if the company would pay a decent wage from day one and people with good attitudes are more productive.

Give them more chips and they'll work harder and show up on time more often.

We would better achieve this goal by giving larger pay raises to higher seniority part timers, rather than give these big raises to low seniority (or no seniority) part timers.

Having a lower wage, part time work force, props up our FT pension and wages. There are other teamster businesses out there that dont allow as much part time work as we do. They have lower wages and lower pensions. I believe there might be a corelation there
The part time pension has nothing to do with our full time pension plan here. Too separate funds

Satuirus2000

Why don't they allow more part timers the opportunity to double shift? This way they get a better quality employee and they don't have to pay for the extra benefits and pension. Seems like a win-win situation.
Here at Worldport they do. You don't even have to sign up. You just show up at midnight and go to whatever building you want. It's been open to the district for nearly three years now. That's how bad the situation is. UPS and the union massively screwed up in the 2012 contract. I hope they have finally realized they can't get away with being cheap again.

F

Frankie's Friend

My point is, ups is paying $31+ an hour to part timers. But they only see $12 an hour, so they quit for a $15 an hour job.

Why is it bipolar to say something doesn’t really matter? Does it mater if he’s wrong or I’m wrong? Does it matter if someone may make a typo or misspeak about something?

Thank you for your concern dr bubble.
I am so confused.