IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

You need to put a stop to that. If you had drivers preloading, the company would have more incentive to raise pt wages.
Our preload is paying a $100/wk bonus. Overheard a training PT sup say this new guy is making more an hour then I am. Still can't keep people because the job sucks for any amount of money.

In the long run it would be cheaper....we use to do it all the time...and surprising people actually camento work...
Not sure about being cheaper when you are paying $50+/hr to double shift. I think it would be cheaper to pay a more realistic pay rate for the amount of work that is involved. Both PT hourly and PT sups.

BigBrown1234

[QUOTEYou need to put a stop to that. If you had drivers preloading, the company would have more incentive to raise pt wages.[/QUOTE]

Not true!

Lower management chalks it up as a discipline problem. And they could care less who loads the trucks or how much they make

District managers run a query and address the highlighted trending agenda, then push it on the division managers that push it on the center mangers and so on.

The Board of directors is not hitting up all the buildings/facilities to personally see what the entire itamized Centers/operations budget is being eaten up by

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not allowed.
Our union has forced double shifts open for that reason. If you have supervisors working chronically like they have from september to basically january, your local should have enough backbone to open up double shifter opportunities.

Even then, the way you sign up for double shifts is designed to discourage it I feel, you must fill out a full one page form on a computer, for a specific shift on a specific day. And then fill that form out again for every other shift/day. you want to do in a 3 day period. Lots of typing. Finally the computer is down, not working 9/10 times.

F

Frankie's Friend

I agree a higher wage would keep people longer. You said before that the turnover rate is about that same as in the late 80s. But what is a decent wage?
I dont remember saying that. The part time turnover is phenomenal right now. From our experience it is the worst it's been in 25 yrs. The compensation is substandard for the 1st year. I dont see why they stick around considering the volume of pieces and the weight of the pkgs shoved down their throats in 3.5 hrs to make the stock presentable.
The only thing that helps them in the first year is if someone brings osha in to correct egress violations. That evens out the flow and often slows the belt a little plus the over 70s and the irregs are handled differently to make loading more fluid.

F

Frankie's Friend

What's does $36.2 an hr +benes+pension cost $49.2 hr and your trying to bash pt employees that have been here for 2+ contract negotiations about wanting to be paid the same as the ft inside employees for literally doing the same job and begin paid way more with benefits, insurance and pension
Vote. Send it back three times until they get your pay fixed. You have the majority of the available votes. Rally the troops. You have the power. Start now getting a movement started.

F

Frankie's Friend

Our preload is paying a $100/wk bonus. Overheard a training PT sup say this new guy is making more an hour then I am. Still can't keep people because the job sucks for any amount of money.
Tell the supe that the hourly work harder than they do to earn their better wages.
The supe had a choice and most veteran employees would typically earn them not to become management. They dont listen. They don't want to do the work but they want better compensation.
It doesn't work that way here. Few become ft management and fewer advance past ors.

What's does $36.2 an hr +benes+pension cost $49.2 hr and your trying to bash pt employees that have been here for 2+ contract negotiations about wanting to be paid the same as the ft inside employees for literally doing the same job and begin paid way more with benefits, insurance and pension
You work 3 or 4 hours a day and should have the same amount of pension that works 10+ hours a day?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It’s a non issue. PT won’t vote. So the will feed the FT some “FU Money” and we will vote the contract to pass. Then we can jump on here August 1st to say how we got screwed. And at that point can you really blame the company or the union? No, we have to blame ourselves.

Shift

I guess they could pay part timers $50 an hour, like you say. But could they be competitive? Have you worked the numbers?
When and where did I say pt employees should make $50. I said they should make $29.60 or whatever the top pay for a full time inside employee may be. It' obvious a part timer should not be paid the same $36.2 as a driver because you don' even need a license.