IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

Shift

You work 3 or 4 hours a day and should have the same amount of pension that works 10+ hours a day?
I think our pension is fine $2100 a month for retirement for a part time job issue more then enough to me I'm talking about the pay rate

Shift

You work 3 or 4 hours a day and should have the same amount of pension that works 10+ hours a day?
I do believe when a part time employee double shifts they should receive pension credits as a full time employee but I believe there should be a set amount of hrs for the year where you qualify for that. Like 2080 hrs of service in 1 year should equal 1 year of full time pension credit

Shift

I guess they could pay part timers $50 an hour, like you say. But could they be competitive? Have you worked the numbers?
There way I see the pt to ft wage difference is like saying a package car or feeders driver should make half of what a a full time driver makes because he only works half the time even though he' doing the exact same job. I think they should pay part timers the same as a full time inside worker but they just should cut everyone out at 4 hrs a day and leave it at that. Also they should only pay ot for after 8 hrs instead of 5 since they would be making more

F

Frankie's Friend

Why don't they allow more part timers the opportunity to double shift? This way they get a better quality employee and they don't have to pay for the extra benefits and pension. Seems like a win-win situation.
So when one person calls off in the morning they know they're gonna be short another one at night?
Resources are minimal enough right now without slitting your throat and only hiring half the people you need.

I dont remember saying that. The part time turnover is phenomenal right now. From our experience it is the worst it's been in 25 yrs. The compensation is substandard for the 1st year. I dont see why they stick around considering the volume of pieces and the weight of the pkgs shoved down their throats in 3.5 hrs to make the stock presentable.
The only thing that helps them in the first year is if someone brings osha in to correct egress violations. That evens out the flow and often slows the belt a little plus the over 70s and the irregs are handled differently to make loading more fluid.
I thought you said turnover rate was 85%. Meaning 15% stuck around. That’s 1 out of 6.

When and where did I say pt employees should make $50. I said they should make $29.60 or whatever the top pay for a full time inside employee may be. It' obvious a part timer should not be paid the same $36.2 as a driver because you don' even need a license.
$50 with pension and benefits.

BigBrown1234

[QUOTE=When I was pt they would use many for double shifting and we didn’t have anyone pre 82’...

I started in 95 and make about $30 an hour

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I thought you said turnover rate was 85%. Meaning 15% stuck around. That’s 1 out of 6.
Pls show me that post. I never said that.
Regardless, if you did, it doesn’t matter. Could have been someone else. I could be wrong and nobody said it. Still doesn’t matter.
@1989, you exhibit frequent signs of being bipolar....

....have you considered utilizing your benefits for treatment, before we go on strike in August????

@1989, you exhibit frequent signs of being bipolar....

....have you considered utilizing your benefits for treatment, before we go on strike in August????
Why is it bipolar to say something doesn’t really matter? Does it mater if he’s wrong or I’m wrong? Does it matter if someone may make a typo or misspeak about something?

Thank you for your concern dr bubble.

Tony Q

My point is, ups is paying $31+ an hour to part timers. But they only see $12 an hour, so they quit for a $15 an hour job.
It takes a while for younger workers to understand the value behind Health and Welfare benefits. I was guilty of this at the beginning as well.

It takes a while for younger workers to understand the value behind Health and Welfare benefits. I was guilty of this at the beginning as well.
I agree, so maybe shift money from their benefits to their pay for the first year or two. Give them what they care about.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why is it bipolar to say something doesn’t really matter? Does it mater if he’s wrong or I’m wrong? Does it matter if someone may make a typo or misspeak about something?

Thank you for your concern dr bubble.
Because you "cared" to ask, then said it doesn't matter???
I transfer mostly for a change of pace. No other reason. The first couple came up and we said “what the hell, let’s go”. Thought I might try to transfer 1 or 2 more times.
Because you "transfer" on a whim, forfeiting your seniority, then blame it on the Union.

Seriously Brother, you may need to seek help.