I'M GOING TO FEEDERS

wayfair

swollen member
"I'll get the job done and will work as hard as I can so I can safely get home at night.... seriously, it's not an excuse"

My mgt team know that I am a respectful worker, never a problem guy... only concern was a customer who said I was rude to him... my story, guy gets a COD for $1100 bucks, I let em know that I need that to finish transaction,
this guy" I'm not paying 1100 effin dollars for some effin box" "who do think I effin am?"
me" I don't know what you ordered as I didn't do the ordering for your company. I am here to collect monies for your delivery, that's my job.... and another thing, please do not talk to me that way, because you would never talk to me that way if I weren' t in this uniform...
After that encounter , we now have a better working relationship....
Sometimes now I will re attempt a cod delivery for him if doens't have a money order in the 1st attempt...
He's a likable guy, just having a :censored2:ty day..
anyways I digress

PKG can be as bad as you want it to be...
figuring it out is key....

then it's Blah blah blah blah blah... payday!!!

2Down2Many2Go

I have a question for any feeder drivers/new feeder drives, I'm in the central states and I'm on the list for Package Car as well as Feeder. Everytime I check with H R about my place on the feeder list they ask me if I have two years of all weather driving experience.

I have read my supplement, and spoke with my BA about this question, and my BA says it's not a requirement.

I really just want to know if any new feeder drivers have had this question asked.

DRIVER-X

Hey everyone. ...I'm new to this site.....my center manager told me yesterday I was going to feeders in 2 weeks.....I've got 16 years on package car....and can't wait to make the switch.....New Jersey area.....question is.....what should I expect on my first day?....or first few weeks for that matter?........any honest answers would be greatly appreciated
Hey everyone. ...I'm new to this site.....my center manager told me yesterday I was going to feeders in 2 weeks.....I've got 16 years on package car....and can't wait to make the switch.....New Jersey area.....question is.....what should I expect on my first day?....or first few weeks for that matter?........any honest answers would be greatly appreciated
Your sleep pattern will be crappy. Find a method that will get you some rest. You will eventually adjust. Hang in there. Oh, ask other feeder drivers in your what they did. Good Luck,you've arrived.

DRIVER-X

I have a question for any feeder drivers/new feeder drives, I'm in the central states and I'm on the list for Package Car as well as Feeder. Everytime I check with H R about my place on the feeder list they ask me if I have two years of all weather driving experience.

I have read my supplement, and spoke with my BA about this question, and my BA says it's not a requirement.

I really just want to know if any new feeder drivers have had this question asked.
I've never heard of that. But I am in Florida.

Darth Vapor 666

I am hatred, darkness, and despair
Not saying it's all rainbow and unicorns... It's still ups lmao .. But you will hear over and over from feeder drivers.."the hours are funky, but this is the place to be"... You will hear much less bitching about the company in general except for the occasional " why the hell did I see a gypo( independent driver) in our yard... I don't care what anyone on here says over in feeder it is a different world and mgt does treat you differently and some of that is because of all of the old timers ...there is more of a pride and respect thing going on, not in package where you are NOTHING MORE THAN A PACKAGE DONKEY...trust me on this you will see the difference right away...and they let you actually hold your keys like a big boy...not some dog fob on your belt loop...So they can get .33567 more minutes out of you per hour. ...oh and be ready to only see your Onroad sup only a couple times per month....they won't be at the diad rack with a clipboard waiting for you to punch in to ask""what happen yesterday dearth 666?!?!?" None of that total bs... You will mostly be dealing with dispatch..I could go on and on but you get the point, you will be pi$$ed that you didn't go in sooner..
Sounds like all good stuff to me....I would have gone sooner but timing wasn't right....it's all good now.....thx man

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

that doesn't sound right at all. we live in one of the worse winter areas there is and they can not ask that question. our drivers are TRAINED to handle all kinds of weather driving conditions.

perhaps 10% training and 90 % experience is more like it.

BTW . you should ask this question in the popular "Ask a Feeder Driver ..."thread to get more responses.

2Down2Many2Go

that doesn't sound right at all. we live in one of the worse winter areas there is and they can not ask that question. our drivers are TRAINED to handle all kinds of weather driving conditions.

perhaps 10% training and 90 % experience is more like it.

BTW . you should ask this question in the popular "Ask a Feeder Driver ..."thread to get more responses.

Thanks will do.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Depends on your perspective. The hourly rate is the same unless you could bid a run that pays mileage.

Maybe not a promotion but definitely less work for the same pay.

In the Central, at least, feeders pays an additional $0.10/hr for singles and $0.45/hr on top of that for doubles.

While not a big difference, $1000-$1500/yr more, the hourly rate is not the same.