I'M GOING TO FEEDERS

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Did anybody here call it a promotion? It's a desirable job (for some) that comes with a slight pay raise; congratulations are definitely appropriate.
You must excuse our "special" member... He has a tendency to repeat the same things over and over again....usually in hopes of having others on this site start to believe the b.s...but in the end 99% of what he regurgitates is still just silly, watered down b.s...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah dude ....it totally sucks....after 16 years...I'm done
What you will find and what pissed me off the most is how much they abuse the guys in package... New guys don't see it quite yet... Old timers just push back or don't give a sh/t but even if you already knew this, once you get to feeders it is a 100% difference between the 2 jobs...and it will make you more bitter toward the package side ...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Couple things...pAy attention to trailers when turning the corners ... It's really easy to just turn and not "follow up" the rear box or the zzz (53 ft. Trailer) you can very easily hit the barrier when getting on and off a freeway with any kind of turn.. Or jump the curb.. And second if you are running somewhere at night and are tired pull over somewhere safe and take a 20 minute nap... You will be amazed at how much it helps...do not try to fight through the micro sleeping and dozing off...it's not like a car where you can catch yourself and pull it back on the road...you will see trucks who are falling asleep and dozing...its very noticible....you don't want to dump a set...and management 99% of the time won't ever ask why you stopped at the truck stop for an extra 20 minutes...good lucK

Johney

To add to what Cold said, when pulling a chassis or railbox be aware of where the tires are on the trailer if they are all the way towards the rear and not a few feet towards the front it will not turn the same those take ALOT more room when turning a corner.

Darth Vapor 666

I am hatred, darkness, and despair
Couple things...pAy attention to trailers when turning the corners ... It's really easy to just turn and not "follow up" the rear box or the zzz (53 ft. Trailer) you can very easily hit the barrier when getting on and off a freeway with any kind of turn.. Or jump the curb.. And second if you are running somewhere at night and are tired pull over somewhere safe and take a 20 minute nap... You will be amazed at how much it helps...do not try to fight through the micro sleeping and dozing off...it's not like a car where you can catch yourself and pull it back on the road...you will see trucks who are falling asleep and dozing...its very noticible....you don't want to dump a set...and management 99% of the time won't ever ask why you stopped at the truck stop for an extra 20 minutes...good lucK
Cool....thx man

Darth Vapor 666

To add to what Cold said, when pulling a chassis or railbox be aware of where the tires are on the trailer if they are all the way towards the rear and not a few feet towards the front it will not turn the same those take ALOT more room when turning a corner.
Thx for the info.....very cool

Darth Vapor 666

What you will find and what :censored2: me off the most is how much they abuse the guys in package... New guys don't see it quite yet... Old timers just push back or don't give a sh/t but even if you already knew this, once you get to feeders it is a 100% difference between the 2 jobs...and it will make you more bitter toward the package side ...
That's what I've heard.....can't wait to be treated like an adult

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And make sure to check all of the pins.. lol

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not saying it's all rainbow and unicorns... It's still ups lmao .. But you will hear over and over from feeder drivers.."the hours are funky, but this is the place to be"... You will hear much less bitching about the company in general except for the occasional " why the hell did I see a gypo( independent driver) in our yard... I don't care what anyone on here says over in feeder it is a different world and mgt does treat you differently and some of that is because of all of the old timers ...there is more of a pride and respect thing going on, not in package where you are NOTHING MORE THAN A PACKAGE DONKEY...trust me on this you will see the difference right away...and they let you actually hold your keys like a big boy...not some dog fob on your belt loop...So they can get .33567 more minutes out of you per hour. ...oh and be ready to only see your Onroad sup only a couple times per month....they won't be at the diad rack with a clipboard waiting for you to punch in to ask""what happen yesterday dearth 666?!?!?" None of that total bs... You will mostly be dealing with dispatch..I could go on and on but you get the point, you will be pi$$ed that you didn't go in sooner..

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Not saying it's all rainbow and unicorns... It's still ups lmao .. But you will hear over and over from feeder drivers.."the hours are funky, but this is the place to be"... You will hear much less bitching about the company in general except for the occasional " why the hell did I see a gypo( independent driver) in our yard... I don't care what anyone on here says over in feeder it is a different world and mgt does treat you differently and some of that is because of all of the old timers ...there is more of a pride and respect thing going on, not in package where you are NOTHING MORE THAN A PACKAGE DONKEY...trust me on this you will see the difference right away...and they let you actually hold your keys like a big boy...not some dog fob on your belt loop...So they can get .33567 more minutes out of you per hour. ...oh and be ready to only see your Onroad sup only a couple times per month....they won't be at the diad rack with a clipboard waiting for you to punch in to ask""what happen yesterday dearth 666?!?!?" None of that total bs... You will mostly be dealing with dispatch..I could go on and on but you get the point, you will be pi$$ed that you didn't go in sooner..
It is what you make it. It's really not that bad as you make it sound. Can't remember last time a sup talked to me about numbers. And the customers on my route are awsome. They love me, and it's kinda like family almost since I see them daily, plus utilizing your 8 hour requests, and the $ and benies we are paid, it's a pretty good gig, cheers brother.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
you will see the difference right awAy....the two biggest things for me was learning the shifting and getting through my heAd that there was so much length behind my rig but you will see that a ww( 28 ft trailer ) will follow you around very good.. It's the zzz(53 foot) that you have to wAtch the tail swing and use the night hours when nobody is out to test your turns and such so when you work days and are out in traffic you will feel more comfortable

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It is what you make it. It's really not that bad as you make it sound. Can't remember last time a sup talked to me about numbers. And the customers on my route are awsome. They love me, and it's kinda like family almost since I see them daily, plus utilizing your 8 hour requests, and the $ and benies we are paid, it's a pretty good gig, cheers brother.
You get 8 hours for feeder in your area??