BOXstar
Re: Getting to know you.

Name: Bellesotico, Belle
Start Date: 5/07
Sex: friend Age: 38
New Yorker transplanted in MI.
Single: Yes but my heart is taken.
Kids: 2
UPS position: preload, "troublemaker" which is UPS speak for part-timer that puts management logic to the test. (My manager has yet to pass).
Hobbies: Cooking, reading, community activism, and B/C sporadically.

colleenkslife

colleenkslife

Colleen Kavanagh
Pontiac/Auburn Hills, MI
30 years old but dont tell anyone
Started UPS as a helper in GA in 2004, hired in after January 1 2005.
Had to quit to move to MI for domestic reasons. My rehire Feb 22 2006. Still a newbee!! Currently laid-off/on call:angry:
I have 2 boys 10 and 5 whos father is currently serving 10 yrs for domestic reasons:biting:

I am enjoying my extended vacation I guess Im lucky to be laid-off after one of my vacations. Wonder if I can collect umemployment though???:anxious:

screamin chicken

Name: Bryan
Start Date: 1/91
Pos: Driver in South Carolina
Hobbies: Cars, Golf.....
I started Preload and did that for 7 years sometimes I wish I was still a loader.

MikeTbob

Name: Michael
Start Date: 6-2000
Sex: m Age: 42
110% Texan baby, and the other 90% is mostly hot air. =-)
Single: no
Kids: 1 fourteen yr old son, 1 sixteen yr old daughter
UPS position: Swing driver with multiple personalities.
Hobbies: Computers, Linux, reading, fishing, and just jacking with people for no good reason.

Spiderman

Package Slinger

Name: Pete Friends call me PJ
Seniority Date: Aug 29 96
Sex: M
Foreign Location
Married
Driver
Hobbies: Photography

I've lurked around for quite some time and finally decided to take the plunge, hope I don't splash too much.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"

Hello, everyone
Name:Tom
Family:Married almost 9 years this time. 1 daughter,22. 1 son, 8. 1grandson, 13months
Position:Feeder driver. Currently laid off from feeders working a combo job.
Hobbies:Horses, motorcycles, and for the last little while alot of BC

Name: Jim
Start Date: May 2005, worked for Lynx until the UPS takeover in 2007
Based: Derbyshire, UK
Married: 1 Daughter 1 Son
UPS position: TDP Driver, Daytime Artic (semi) driver bulk deliveries
Hobbies: Computers, Gardening & keeping Chickens.

Does anyone know what TDP actually stands for?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Name: Jim
Start Date: May 2005, worked for Lynx until the UPS takeover in 2007
Based: Derbyshire, UK
Married: 1 Daughter 1 Son
UPS position: TDP Driver, Daytime Artic (semi) driver bulk deliveries
Hobbies: Computers, Gardening & keeping Chickens.

Does anyone know what TDP actually stands for?
Welcome nonstandard, glad to know you. I think TDP stands for Too Damned Perfect? Top Dog Period? :wink2:

dmorris

Dennis Morris
Age 52
Placerville CA.
Retired medical from car accident
Professional Stock Investor
Professional Photographer
When I got hurt I thought what will I do and the Chiropractor I had showed me a stock program he used to invest his money. I got started 4 years ago and so glad I did because I didn't loose last year like most did. Now I do my stock stuff in the morning and when I feel up to it take pictures in the afternoon.
Joine July 12 2009 Thanks

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Dennis Morris
Age 52
Placerville CA.
Retired medical from car accident
Professional Stock Investor
Professional Photographer
When I got hurt I thought what will I do and the Chiropractor I had showed me a stock program he used to invest his money. I got started 4 years ago and so glad I did because I didn't loose last year like most did. Now I do my stock stuff in the morning and when I feel up to it take pictures in the afternoon.
Joine July 12 2009 Thanks
Welcome Dennis, hope you enjoy your stay. Hope to see some of your pictures and hear some sound, stock advice, as well as get to know ya.

yo whats up people? i just finished registering before i gotta go to work lol

-Name: killerzero259 or KZ
-Start date: April 25th of 2008
-born in the Bronx and lived much of my life in long island NY
now living in burlington NJ. i work at the trenton hub
-package handler is what i do, specifically loading two 24ft'ers
-not married, too young for that crap lol (21 years old)
-currently in college, my major is a computer engineering degree, still got a couple years to go till i achieve that. hobbies are mainly lifting weights, reading anything interesting, exploring/traveling and just chillin, doin whatever.

i look forward in contributing to the community : )

oh man i lived in florida for 7 months like 2 years ago and i couldnt stand the damn weather lol. i like the cold so i cant make do in FL, especially how the humidity is. not to mention how often it rains out there. you could basically predict when its gonna rain every day during the summer lol. i stayed at ST petersburg and visited FT myers a couple times.

where are you at in FL?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
oh man i lived in florida for 7 months like 2 years ago and i couldnt stand the damn weather lol. i like the cold so i cant make do in FL, especially how the humidity is. not to mention how often it rains out there. you could basically predict when its gonna rain every day during the summer lol. i stayed at ST petersburg and visited FT myers a couple times.

where are you at in FL?
East coast north of West Palm. You ain't kidding about the heat and humidity, though I prefer this to the cold.

Hello to all BC users,I am new to the cafe,not to UPS.I have well over 20yrs,as a mechanic for UPS.I've had my ups and downs with the company,but who hasn't?I could always find more money elsewere,just couldnt match what brown offered in its benefits,which is why I'm still here.I am married with kids ,which is why benefits are so important.Looking forward to meeting new people and chatting .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello to all BC users,I am new to the cafe,not to UPS.I have well over 20yrs,as a mechanic for UPS.I've had my ups and downs with the company,but who hasn't?I could always find more money elsewere,just couldnt match what brown offered in its benefits,which is why I'm still here.I am married with kids ,which is why benefits are so important.Looking forward to meeting new people and chatting .

Welcome to BC ear2. Always good to get a perspective from UPSers that are not package-handlers. There are a few other mechanics (or mochanics) on here.
Look forward to your future posts.