Information about BC Members - Getting to know you

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Re: new here

I dare say you can find an answer for pretty much anything UPS related here. Our members come from all fields and, while the majority are hourly, we do have folks from mgt, to include a retired center manager, operations managers, on cars, BD folks, and IT guys. We have a moderator who has worked on the upsers.com website. Our hourlies range from hardcore Union guys to those who are Teamsters by necessity, mechanics, drivers, loaders, and clerks. I couldn't begin to guess the cumulative years of experience assembled here.

I can offer one piece of advice it would be this--take any advice that you are given here with a grain of salt. I would hate to see you run in to a situation at work and respond to it by saying, "This is what I was told to do on Brown Cafe." Have fun and I hope to hear more from you in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Re: new here

I dare say you can find an answer for pretty much anything UPS related here. Our members come from all fields and, while the majority are hourly, we do have folks from mgt, to include a retired center manager, operations managers, on cars, BD folks, and IT guys. We have a moderator who has worked on the upsers.com website. Our hourlies range from hardcore Union guys to those who are Teamsters by necessity, mechanics, drivers, loaders, and clerks. I couldn't begin to guess the cumulative years of experience assembled here.

I can offer one piece of advice it would be this--take any advice that you are given here with a grain of salt. I would hate to see you run in to a situation at work and respond to it by saying, "This is what I was told to do on Brown Cafe." Have fun and I hope to hear more from you in the future.
Wouldn't this post be considered "double dipping"?

morgahorse

Start Date: March '02
Sex: M Age: 36
Married: Still on the first one after 15 yrs. 3 kids (2 girls (12,4) 1 boy(3)
UPS position: 4 1/2 yrs at cach loading. Been driving since out of a center on the south side.
Hobbies: anything that doesn't involve the color brown or cardboard.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Start Date: March '02
Sex: M Age: 36
Married: Still on the first one after 15 yrs. 3 kids (2 girls (12,4) 1 boy(3)
UPS position: 4 1/2 yrs at cach loading. Been driving since out of a center on the south side.
Hobbies: anything that doesn't involve the color brown or cardboard.
Amen to that, brotha. I don't even help people move anymore, LOL. Welcome to the cafe, hope you enjoy this place.

upsman114

HIGH...I mean Hi! Im Andrew
Yrs at ups:18
Yrs part time: 7!!!!
yrs full time: 11
Feeling it: yes
Wondering if I should have just finished college instead: yes
Thankful that I do have a job: yes
Pkg car type: p1200
Type of route: industrial
Family: 3 girls, 15-9-and 3yrs old
Wife: hottie stay at home mom that home schools the kids-

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
HIGH...I mean Hi! Im Andrew
Yrs at ups:18
Yrs part time: 7!!!!
yrs full time: 11
Feeling it: yes
Wondering if I should have just finished college instead: yes
Thankful that I do have a job: yes
Pkg car type: p1200
Type of route: industrial
Family: 3 girls, 15-9-and 3yrs old
Wife: hottie stay at home mom that home schools the kids-
Welcome, upsman! Will be nice having someone else to talk to that has way too much estrogen in his house.:happy2:

mal

Hello
Mike,
53 years
Worked UPS as washer part time 1978 to 1979
Package car 1979 to 1983
Went back to school, now an unemployed General Motors Engineer

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask a question but wanted to find out if I have left any pension money at UPS. I think I got the 401k moneys long ago not sure about any pension. I worked in the far west suburbs of Chicago not sure if the local is still in existence (think it was 709??) I worked out of the Geneva center (not there any more), sure would like to hear from and one that may have been working there at that time!

Any help or any one that worked there at that time sure would like to hear from you. Thank You!

Mike

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Mal, you would be better off posting your question in Discussions or Labor. Better yet send 705Red a PM. He would be able to point you in the right direction.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hello
Mike,
53 years
Worked UPS as washer part time 1978 to 1979
Package car 1979 to 1983
Went back to school, now an unemployed General Motors Engineer

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask a question but wanted to find out if I have left any pension money at UPS. I think I got the 401k moneys long ago not sure about any pension. I worked in the far west suburbs of Chicago not sure if the local is still in existence (think it was 709??) I worked out of the Geneva center (not there any more), sure would like to hear from and one that may have been working there at that time!

Any help or any one that worked there at that time sure would like to hear from you. Thank You!

Mike
Hi, Mike. That could have been Local 705 or 710. My best guess is 705, here is a link to their website: http://teamsterslocal705.org/ , main phone # 312-738-2800. Your part time work likely would have credited you in UPS' plan, but I highly doubt you vested in it. As for the full time years, again, don't know if you would have vested, call or write the 705 pension fund. I think the 401k you referred to may have been the old (discontinued) thrift plan. Do you remember if you took a withdrawal card from the union when you left UPS? I have a feeling they'll ask.

mal

Yes, I do believe it was 705, I do remember it being the old thrift plan, and I did take withdrawal card but if it was actual paperwork or a card I think I would be very hard pressed to find it. Thank you so much for your help!