Informative video about why the current contract proposal sucks

siouxman

siouxman
So .... you talked to 50
Package car drivers , and 65-70 are voting yes. And the rest (god only knows how many that is ) did not know or care. Lmfao.

I attend most union meetings when they are put on and the attendance is only a hand full.I know the feeder guys from three states
Sounds believable.

NOT!!!!!!!

siouxman

siouxman
So .... you talked to 50
Package car drivers , and 65-70 are voting yes. And the rest (god only knows how many that is ) did not know or care. Lmfao.

There is over 45 drivers in my center and I know them all by name except for the last 8 guys that have just started a few month ago.

Sounds believable.

NOT!!!!!!!

F

Frankie's Friend

Still trying to sell that same used car that nobody wants bug?
How did those charges go against me ?
I beat them as you know.
FACT
You still in "time out"?
memebetter.com-20180423013913.jpg

siouxman

siouxman
I get a kick out of some of the posters have it all figured out and if some one has a different take on something they are a jack ass . It's no wonder our union is in trouble we can't even respect each other on a forum to exchange ideas and opinions

Last edited:

CoffeeStainedUniform

IDK here in Kansas my brother in law is self employed, and his Family plan the is very close to what I have is $1,200 a month. I think he has a $500 deductible where mine is not quite that, yet.... HA ours is what $200? $300?
I looked into a group plan for my wife's previous employer...they were paying $5700/month for their over 55 year old women's insurance. The plan didn't include families. Long story short, after my son was born (how they split costs to not include the child in a birth is a bit screwy) I put us in a non-group plan.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

To Mr Jones
Thank you for the video on the contract. I have a question for you. You state that there is no skill pay in the new contract. Which is true, however have you considered that UPS removed it because it isnt necessary due to the massive investment in automation the company is going through right now.

What are your thoughts?

mikejonesjr

To Mr Jones
Thank you for the video on the contract. I have a question for you. You state that there is no skill pay in the new contract. Which is true, however have you considered that UPS removed it because it isnt necessary due to the massive investment in automation the company is going through right now.

What are your thoughts?
That is true, but we are also multiple contracts away from having automation take any jobs away.. if they do

siouxman

siouxman
Automation is coming.self driving feeder trucks platooning down the road,automated hubs.In my center people don't show up for work or don't want to work.Pay them more I agree.loading in hubs is not a glamorous job and hard on the body.most don't like the job

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
A no vote changes your tune maestro! Working a little overtime today trying to sell this :censored2: sandwich are we?

Where does this magical mystery $5/hr come from? I asked TonyQ but he keeps running from me in every thread. Never seen anyone so affraid to answer questions while in the same breath telling us he has the answers and will share!
I believe the $5 you are questioning goes to Health & welfare and pension.

Days

To Mr Jones

What are your thoughts?

Wtf are you taking about

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Wtf are you taking about
1 there is no skill pay in the proposal.
2. The reason is automation UPS is investing billions of dollars in technology, equipment, new hubs. They have no interest investing in us.
3. Between Orion, Edge, and other projects such as turn by turn directions via GPS on our diads. UPS will next contract do the same for drivers.
Reason being what i was told when i became a driver and asked outloud about progression.
The answer was senior drivers get paid more cause i can put them on most any route at any time and they know where there going.