Informative video about why the current contract proposal sucks

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If I'm understanding what he says, it's $1 per year which adds up to $5 over the life of the contract.

That is .50 cents per hour increase into both the Pension and Healthcare plans, standard 40 hour adding to 20 dollars more per week into both. The video of the young kid promoting the contract stated that all the UPS teamsters are getting over 20,000 dollars a year in each, that is deceptive. He might not know this that not ALL his brothers and sisters are getting whose monetary contributions into their individual Pension and Health and Welfare plans and will be getting the similar increase in each. Those monetary contributions are part of our negotiated wages, the same as our GWI, so we are actually paying for our pension and health and welfare coverages (General Wage increase, Pension and H/W) it equals for the first year to 1.70 raise per hour for every full time UPS employee. Again is everybody getting the same monetary benefits or improvements with their individual Pension Plans and if not WHY?

He stated he was a 16 year package care driver, so he is new and will learn with experience. He really needed to research his stated arguments before he endorses anything that he apparently is ignorant of. If he wishes to debate me on this site he is more than welcome, but he has to understand he will be open game with the knowledge base of most of the regulars on B/C.

RealPerson

Insurance NEEDS to be done under a group plan, otherwise our brothers who are otherwise uninsurable wouldn't be able to get coverage. A 55 year old woman's insurance plan will be 10X the cost of mine...that's why the average plan costs so much.
IDK here in Kansas my brother in law is self employed, and his Family plan the is very close to what I have is $1,200 a month. I think he has a $500 deductible where mine is not quite that, yet.... HA ours is what $200? $300?

RealPerson

Just blows my mind that all the part timers that never collect, even FT people that do a few years, buy who pass away, and so on, that this MUCH Money is being put into these 2 funds and several are insolvent and our insurance keeps going up. (Increases in co pays, deductibles, and maybe max out of pocket (can't remember).
Let's also not forget that some Locals have even given up raises to put into the pension...
Man, that is a Lot of money..........

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
That is .50 cents per hour increase into both the Pension and Healthcare plans, standard 40 hour adding to 20 dollars more per week into both. The video of the young kid promoting the contract stated that all the UPS teamsters are getting over 20,000 dollars a year in each, that is deceptive. He might not know this that not ALL his brothers and sisters are getting whose monetary contributions into their individual Pension and Health and Welfare plans and will be getting the similar increase in each. Those monetary contributions are part of our negotiated wages, the same as our GWI, so we are actually paying for our pension and health and welfare coverages (General Wage increase, Pension and H/W) it equals for the first year to 1.70 raise per hour for every full time UPS employee. Again is everybody getting the same monetary benefits or improvements with their individual Pension Plans and if not WHY?

He stated he was a 16 year package care driver, so he is new and will learn with experience. He really needed to research his stated arguments before he endorses anything that he apparently is ignorant of. If he wishes to debate me on this site he is more than welcome, but he has to understand he will be open game with the knowledge base of most of the regulars on B/C.

It's been that way for pretty much every contract but he's trying to make it sound like this is something new. Also, he's probably a BA by the way he speaks or is trying to become one.

siouxman

siouxman
Her is my take. The contract will pass because most part timers won't vote. Most of the feeders I have talked with think on the surface it is a good contract and most will vote.The package car drivers are not looking at the details and will not show up for informational meetings.They will vote in low numbers and vote yes

Rack em

Made the Podium
Her is my take. The contract will pass because most part timers won't vote. Most of the feeders I have talked with think on the surface it is a good contract and most will vote.The package car drivers are not looking at the details and will not show up for informational meetings.They will vote in low numbers and vote yes
I hope you're wrong.

siouxman

siouxman
Just blows my mind that all the part timers that never collect, even FT people that do a few years, buy who pass away, and so on, that this MUCH Money is being put into these 2 funds and several are insolvent and our insurance keeps going up. (Increases in co pays, deductibles, and maybe max out of pocket (can't remember).
Let's also not forget that some Locals have even given up raises to put into the pension...
Man, that is a Lot of money..........
Not defending company but with trucking degregulation it hurt our pension funds and are partly to blame for insolvencies.Health care has gone up for all Americans not just us. Our insurance is great compared to most other people.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Every driver I know is super pissed off They are and will vote no. Your wrong on this one brother

siouxman

siouxman
Mandates put on pension funds run by the teamsters by the fedes also hurt investment opportunities,so some of the problems we caused by corruption of the time.When we struck under Carey the company offered 3000 for 30 years and out. The union said we can do that but in reality the funds were never there to provide a vibrant pension

siouxman

siouxman
I have talked to over 30 feeder drivers and only 5 have been a definite no. I have talked to most of the 50 package care drivers and 65 to 70 were going to vote yes the rest did not know or care.I believe out of the package car drivers that said they will vote most won't, so I believe the low voter turn out will hurt the no vote.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have talked to over 30 feeder drivers and only 5 have been a definite no. I have talked to most of the 50 package care drivers and 65 to 70 were going to vote yes the rest did not know or care.I believe out of the package car drivers that said they will vote most won't, so I believe the low voter turn out will hurt the no vote.
So .... you talked to 50
Package car drivers , and 65-70 are voting yes. And the rest (god only knows how many that is ) did not know or care. Lmfao.

Sounds believable.

NOT!!!!!!!

siouxman

siouxman
Not every driver is upset with the company.Everyone has a different situation going on in their lives. I'm not a voting expert but by looking at the past votes it can be somewhat predictable.