Insurance was terminated even though I still work for UPS

IESucks

How about calling Teamcare?(if that's who you have)
Teamcare will only tell you if you had contributions made on ur behalf by ups. And if not you don't have coverage for that week. They will tell you to contact ups. Again..been there done that

IESucks

This can’t be true. If you’re on vacation your are on earned paid time off and that’s different from 5 unpaid days off in a row. We go to doctors during my vacation days all the time and I’m never been denied
Correct. Like I said
I think he meant something different than he wrote.

Should have been...
yes, that's what I meant to say ofcourse. Thankyou for stating it correctly.

barnyard

KTM rider
You have a card from H&W with your insurance info. Somewhere on that card is a phone number. Call it. When someone answers, ask questions, listen for answers.

born2Bwild

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I’m pretty sure time off coded as scheduled day off in a row even if they are more than 5 days you will still have insurance.
Unscheduled days of 5 or more your insurance will be dropped. I stand corrected on this

Sephora19

In a later post you said that you emailed Teamcare because they were closed at the time. So I assume you are in Teamcare.

Don't take this the wrong way, because there is only one way to take it.

You've been here for 3 years and didn't know to file short term disability through Teamcare?

You would have received disability pay and insurance for the entire time you were off. Although, if this accident was someone else's fault, their insurance may have paid you for lost time.

You didn't think to call them when you received this letter?
Yes, I applied for short term disability through Teamcare. That time period shouldn’t be related to this incident because that was a little over a year ago. I haven’t taken a leave since then.

Sephora19

You are correct.

He apparently didn't file through Aetna either.

My point still stands. A 3 year employee who didn't seem to even bother to ask anyone. A new hire, maybe.

I keep thinking that I've seen everything.....and then.....
I actually did file with Aetna.

Sephora19

Also, UPS will not inform you when they stop paying for your healthcare. Mine was discontinued for 1 1/2 months before I knew about it. I could have been using personal days if I had known about it.
The letter stated that mine was terminated on 9/30/2018. The only time off I had were two scheduled vacations and they were taken in different months.

Sephora19

In a later post you said that you emailed Teamcare because they were closed at the time. So I assume you are in Teamcare.

Don't take this the wrong way, because there is only one way to take it.

You've been here for 3 years and didn't know to file short term disability through Teamcare?

You would have received disability pay and insurance for the entire time you were off. Although, if this accident was someone else's fault, their insurance may have paid you for lost time.

You didn't think to call them when you received this letter?
Also, at the time of my accident, I had only been at UPS for a year and 4 months.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How does this stopping and restarting of insurance work with ACA? Do you have to pay the penalty at tax time for any time you weren't covered? I would be interested to know if anyone has challenged the legality of this stopping and restarting of coverage.

Sephora19

Also, UPS will not inform you when they stop paying for your healthcare. Mine was discontinued for 1 1/2 months before I knew about it. I could have been using personal days if I had known about it.
If you don't mind me asking, did they tell you why they discontinued your insurance?

IESucks

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I’m pretty sure time off coded as scheduled day off in a row even if they are more than 5 days you will still have insurance.
Unscheduled days of 5 or more your insurance will be dropped. I stand corrected on this
Only if you use a vacation day or other paid day sometime during the week.

Sephora19

CALL THE INSURANCE COMPANY? Why in the world would you come here and ask a bunch of strangers?
There’s no need to be rude... If you read my other post, you’d know that I EMAILED Teamcare because I received the letter AFTER their working hours. I posted it here to see if anyone had experienced this before, not for anyone to solve the issue...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yes, I applied for short term disability through Teamcare. That time period shouldn’t be related to this incident because that was a little over a year ago

I actually did file with Aetna.

Sorry, sounded like you never filed for disability because while you are short term disability, your insurance is maintained. Did you receive this COBRA letter last before they approved your short term disability?

The letter stated that mine was terminated on 9/30/2018. The only time off I had were two scheduled vacations and they were taken in different months.

Were you on vacation the week before this letter?

It's probable UPS did not send Teamcare the weekly premium in your name.

You need to call HR and find out why UPS did not send Teamcare the payment.

Maplewood

Have you used your insurance since you returned to work? The company may not have been making your contributions. Nowadays a human must manually change some :censored2: back that got changed after you missed 60 days. There a some rules like not paying holidays and acruing vacation that they turn off. Many times we return from injury and a few months later we figure out we aren't accruing sick leave.

Sephora19

Insurance companies are only available during certain hours, and someone here might have some insight?
Sorry, sounded like you never filed for disability because while you are short term disability, your insurance is maintained. Did you receive this COBRA letter last before they approved your short term disability?

Were you on vacation the week before this letter?

It's probable UPS did not send Teamcare the weekly premium in your name.

You need to call HR and find out why UPS did not send Teamcare the payment.
Sorry for the confusion. No, I had already received short-term disability before receiving the first Cobra letter. The first Cobra letter was sent to me on 05/24/17, but I had already returned to work on May 8th, 2017. When I called Teamcare, my insurance was reinstated. I also notified Aetna that I was returning to work. Also, My first vacation was August 19, 2018 - August 25th, 2018. My second vacation was taken in October. I'm going to call Teamcare and HR first thing in the morning. Thanks for your insight!

Sephora19

Have you used your insurance since you returned to work? The company may not have been making your contributions. Nowadays a human must manually change some :censored2: back that got changed after you missed 60 days. There a some rules like not paying holidays and acruing vacation that they turn off. Many times we return from injury and a few months later we figure out we aren't accruing sick leave.
Yeah, I've used my insurance for a couple of things, and my insurance paid for it. It's been active for an entire year, until now.