Interesting Article About Teamsters Pension For All The Haters

dezguy

My pension is 100% funded by Fedex. BOTH of them.
Well isn't that nice. Again, you only thinking of you. You do realize there are more employees who don't have a fully funded FedEx pension right.

Who am I kidding, the only person you and your ilk care about is yourselves. To hell with that rookie working next to me on the belt making $15/hour less than me! I deserve it and he doesn't. Sad.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I will take my $130k annuity and its 4% return and add it to the rest of my retirement plan.

It is hard to have an intelligent conversation with someone that hates life so bad that they would complain if a supermodel was servicing him because she had bad breath.

Moronic people can't comprehend that the Traditional that I was in had maxed out a coupe of years before the Portable was created. I might have gotten a few dollars more with by best 5 years growing but nowhere near the $130k I will have in a couple of years. The Portable was an excellent addition to the people in my shoes. You are just too ignorant in money matters to understand that. Please read a book about financial plans and maybe you will learn something. You can't read Mad Magazine your entire life.

The Piss-Poor "Pension", also known as the PPA or PPP, only helped very senior employees like you and me. Newer people got the shaft, because the PPA is worth approximately 1/5th of the Traditional Plan, and isn't a pension at all, despite your lies that it is not an annuity. As others have said, you only care that you got yours, which speaks volumes about your character, or lack thereof.

You're also lying about having $130k.

bacha29

I will take my $130k annuity and its 4% return and add it to the rest of my retirement plan.

It is hard to have an intelligent conversation with someone that hates life so bad that they would complain if a supermodel was servicing him because she had bad breath.

Moronic people can't comprehend that the Traditional that I was in had maxed out a coupe of years before the Portable was created. I might have gotten a few dollars more with by best 5 years growing but nowhere near the $130k I will have in a couple of years. The Portable was an excellent addition to the people in my shoes. You are just too ignorant in money matters to understand that. Please read a book about financial plans and maybe you will learn something. You can't read Mad Magazine your entire life.
Wait a minute if you were to apply the standard 4% withdrawal rule to your 130K principal that's $5,200 per year or about $433 a month. Wow! We should be so jealous especially retiring teamsters.

Oldfart

The Piss-Poor "Pension", also known as the PPA or PPP, only helped very senior employees like you and me. Newer people got the shaft, because the PPA is worth approximately 1/5th of the Traditional Plan, and isn't a pension at all, despite your lies that it is not an annuity. As others have said, you only care that you got yours, which speaks volumes about your character, or lack thereof.

You're also lying about having $130k.
My portable will bust 100k in the next 24 months. Leave it alone for about 6 years and 4% will yield right at 130k. Sorry simple math isnt your strong point.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
While we did get slammed in 2008, unstable markets are not the problem-----7K or so more retirees than actives is our biggest problem.

I've said it before: I love the idea of a defined benefits pension. Unfortunately, the math doesn't work that well in the long run as evidenced by situations similar to what you've posted. It's understandable that people would prefer a traditional pension, but the people here who scream for one need to use calculators that actually compute NUMBERS instead of rainbows and unicorns.