Interesting Article About Teamsters Pension For All The Haters

Oldfart

Why is it broken? Is it because you've heard years of lies from Republicans touting RTW and 401ks as the "New Reality"? Here's some astounding news. UPS does just fine paying out a pension. I'm sure management would love to tell you guys the same pack of lies about "losing market share", "we can't afford it" etc., all the while paying out huge salaries to upper management.

God, with weenies like a lot of you willing to take it and accept a crap sandwich, it's no wonder the IBT is on the decline.
Just more proof you are as big of idiot as I thought. Normally you spew MISINFORMATION and LIES about FDX. Now you THINK you know everything about UPS and reality, you are one sick, pitiful piece.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pension funds work best when there is a strong balance between those contributing and those receiving.
The problem is that those managing don't have a huge vested intrest in it. So you end up with money being borrowed against it or skimmed or members told everything is fine when it isn't.

Oldfart

You don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. Just spewing bs and trying to sounds like a badass as usual.

It's broken because it doesn't work. We have seen this over the last 30 years or so. Many failed pensions proves it doesn't work. Social security essentially a giant pension plan. Doesn't work. I mean are you blind or do you think we just need to throw more money at it?

What smart man. MFE is a total tool that for some reason the miserables on here bow down to. He hates life and is a lonely old tool with no life other than the job he hates. It must suck being him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. Just spewing bs and trying to sounds like a badass as usual.

It's broken because it doesn't work. We have seen this over the last 30 years or so. Many failed pensions proves it doesn't work. Social security essentially a giant pension plan. Doesn't work. I mean are you blind or do you think we just need to throw more money at it?

It works fine. And YOU paid into Social Security. It's your money dummy, not an " entitlement". Glad you're such a wussy and will just give up on your pension like a loser.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What smart man. MFE is a total tool that for some reason the miserables on here bow down to. He hates life and is a lonely old tool with no life other than the job he hates. It must suck being him.

He's only "smart" because he agrees with you. In my book, that makes him as stupid as you. Please send me your SS check if you don't want it.

I don't hate the world...just you.

Oldfart

He's only "smart" because he agrees with you. In my book, that makes him as stupid as you. Please send me your SS check if you don't want it.

Your book is a coloring book. You are too stupid to read anything else. I don't hate the world...just you.
Your book is a coloring book. You are too stupid to read anything else. It kills you to have people prove you wrong. OVER and OVER. You spew hatred and misery and your butt kissers bow down while the rest of us laugh at your stupidity.

Brownslave688

It works fine. And YOU paid into Social Security. It's your money dummy, not an " entitlement". Glad you're such a wussy and will just give up on your pension like a loser.
You're a wussy for wanting someone else to have control of your money and your retirement. Man up and take control.

MAKAVELI

401k are a supplement to a pension or social security for the vast majority who have one. They were never intended as a main source of income for retirement otherwise they wouldn't require the employee to fund the majority of the plan. For the majority of average workers they simply can't afford to put enough in to really rely on it for a main source.

Brownslave688

401k are a supplement to a pension or social security for the vast majority who have one. They were never intended as a main source of income for retirement otherwise they wouldn't require the employee to fund the majority of the plan. For the majority of average workers they simply can't afford to put enough in to really rely on it for a main source.
401k don't require the employee to fund a majority of it.

The employer can contribute far more than the employee.

Oldfart

Hogwash. The 401k is an excellent source for your primary income. You get 3.5% free money with the match and reduce taxes up to 15 to 20%. My pension will give me a decent income but my 401k will allow me to withdraw between 3500 to 4000 a month for over 30 years and still leave money to my kids.

MAKAVELI

Hogwash. The 401k is an excellent source for your primary income. You get 3.5% free money with the match and reduce taxes up to 15 to 20%. My pension will give me a decent income but my 401k will allow me to withdraw between 3500 to 4000 a month for over 30 years and still leave money to my kids.
You are full of shiat.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$3.5-4K/month from your 401k for 30 years?

4000 x 12 = 48000

48000 x 30 = 1.44M

Not happening.