Interesting Article About Teamsters Pension For All The Haters

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can see UPS buying out the pensions and going to a matching 401k in the future.

Not too many private sector jobs have a pension anymore
But what do you do with a guy like me?

Do I just get partial pension credit and that stops right there? Do I get my accrued pension money transfered into my 401k?

Brownslave688

I can see UPS buying out the pensions and going to a matching 401k in the future.

Not too many private sector jobs have a pension anymore
That really could save ups a huge amount of money. Even a 10% match hell a 20% match would save them money because no one would take advantage of the match.

The problem I see with it is no one saving and them ending up with a bunch of 70 year old drivers because they can't afford to retire.

That really could save ups a huge amount of money. Even a 10% match hell a 20% match would save them money because no one would take advantage of the match.

The problem I see with it is no one saving and them ending up with a bunch of 70 year old drivers because they can't afford to retire.
I agree with you on that. Too many drivers live waaaaaaay beyond their means.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It would be nice but I don't see funding as a huge problem with our pensions.

I see pensions as an outdated broken system. The problem is there is no good way to transition out of it.

Why is it broken? Is it because you've heard years of lies from Republicans touting RTW and 401ks as the "New Reality"? Here's some astounding news. UPS does just fine paying out a pension. I'm sure management would love to tell you guys the same pack of lies about "losing market share", "we can't afford it" etc., all the while paying out huge salaries to upper management.

God, with weenies like a lot of you willing to take it and accept a crap sandwich, it's no wonder the IBT is on the decline.

Brownslave688

Why is it broken? Is it because you've heard years of lies from Republicans touting RTW and 401ks as the "New Reality"? Here's some astounding news. UPS does just fine paying out a pension. I'm sure management would love to tell you guys the same pack of lies about "losing market share", "we can't afford it" etc., all the while paying out huge salaries to upper management.

God, with weenies like a lot of you willing to take it and accept a crap sandwich, it's no wonder the IBT is on the decline.
You don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. Just spewing bs and trying to sounds like a badass as usual.

It's broken because it doesn't work. We have seen this over the last 30 years or so. Many failed pensions proves it doesn't work. Social security essentially a giant pension plan. Doesn't work. I mean are you blind or do you think we just need to throw more money at it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't have a damn clue what you're talking about. Just spewing bs and trying to sounds like a badass as usual.

It's broken because it doesn't work. We have seen this over the last 30 years or so. Many failed pensions proves it doesn't work. Social security essentially a giant pension plan. Doesn't work. I mean are you blind or do you think we just need to throw more money at it?

Pension funds work best when there is a strong balance between those contributing and those receiving.

Brownslave688

This is exactly what would happen.

We have a company called Graymount that is pulling out of out pension. The company is paying their unfunded liability, the pensions are then frozen and new contributions are going to 401k's.
Are they matching or is the old contribution going straight to 401k?