Investments, 401K, Etc (on topic)

Faceplanted

If you’re gunna troll, at least troll on days where BTC.X isn’t puking.
Hurrr btc btc etherium

You idiots are saving money into a 401k that you have no access to until you retire. You are much better off using a private Roth IRA, or simple investing or leveraging in real estate. But if being a truck driver till your 55 is your life goal, by all means Max out your 401k. Your kids will sure be happy to use your massive 401k on cocaine, useless :censored2:, and eventually heroin after you die.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hurrr btc btc etherium

You idiots are saving money into a 401k that you have no access to until you retire. You are much better off using a private Roth IRA, or simple investing or leveraging in real estate. But if being a truck driver till your 55 is your life goal, by all means Max out your 401k. Your kids will sure be happy to use your massive 401k on cocaine, useless :censored2:, and eventually heroin after you die.

That's the issue I have with retirement accounts, sure they give you a tax break, but you are tying up a large portion of your savings. I'd much rather invest in myself now (i.e. starting a business), and set aside a more moderate amount as a contingency.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hurrr btc btc etherium

Feeling triggered? Taking a lot of losses I see. Some of us have more than 401K investments, but you keep BTFD. I’m doing quite well right now, but thanks for your emotional investing suggestions. I’ll make sure to copy them over to my trading room, the guys will have a chuckle.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
All in on amb cryptocurrency. Take out a loan if you can and buy ASAP.
Rough day for you huh?
E61D0725-65E8-4D16-8785-56C70502C5DF.png

Rough half year also huh?
DB6CCFC7-58CE-4FEF-85B5-7520B68239EB.png

Keep BTFD, I’m sure you’ll average out eventually.

According to your post on Sunday, you’ve DCAed down to .20, as of today you’ll still need a 42% increase just to break even. Yeah, you’re the smart one, the rest of us just don’t know what we’re doing.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Congrats at hitting top rate. Uncle Sam is very happy for you as well.

I put 15% in the 401K weekly and 50 bucks weekly in stock

I might pull the 50 and add it to the 401K

UPS isn’t really a stock where you’re ever going to make money. It hovers around the same price no matter what. Last couple buys were in the $99 to $105 range and now the stock is back up in the $120 range but it seems to have a ceiling.
Good advice and the reason UPS Stock is not a big gainer is that it is a Dividend Stock.
UPS stock is not that great a Dividend stock either but it has great basics and a beta under 0.8.

As you approach retirement, remember to not have much UPS stock as your pension and Healthcare insurance are dependent on UPS.

CoffeeStainedUniform

The more different types of investments, the better.
I'd suggest:

*A good emergency fund in cash
*A good sinking fund for things like cars, & home improvements
*401kRoth through work
*your wifes retirement
*your own mutual funds (outside retirement)
*Rental property (if you can stand it)
*A house that is nice and will appreciate but not so much you're housepoor
*529s if you have kiddos who will go to college.

It's a pretty heavy mix of stocks but just diversify those as much as possible.

Faceplanted

Rough day for you huh?
View attachment 214143
Rough half year also huh?
View attachment 214144
Keep BTFD, I’m sure you’ll average out eventually.

According to your post on Sunday, you’ve DCAed down to .20, as of today you’ll still need a 42% increase just to break even. Yeah, you’re the smart one, the rest of us just don’t know what we’re doing.
So for some reason your “retirement” accounts don’t matter until your 55, but my investment only matters on progress since January. Way to prove a point buddy. I’m privy to some big information concerning my investment. Come oct 31-end of the year you will see the first and only true usecase and adoption of crypto currency andblockchain tech. Trying to help you guys out. But whatever.

Preventable

Congrats at hitting top rate. Uncle Sam is very happy for you as well.

I put 15% in the 401K weekly and 50 bucks weekly in stock

I might pull the 50 and add it to the 401K

UPS isn’t really a stock where you’re ever going to make money. It hovers around the same price no matter what. Last couple buys were in the $99 to $105 range and now the stock is back up in the $120 range but it seems to have a ceiling.

You guys talk about making 100k+, if that is the case for you you are probably missing out on employer contributions. Because I'm pretty sure all deposits (yours or employer match) stop at 18 or 18.5k unless you are over 50 and get to utilize catch up contributions.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So for some reason your “retirement” accounts don’t matter until your 55, but my investment only matters on progress since January. Way to prove a point buddy. I’m privy to some big information concerning my investment. Come oct 31-end of the year you will see the first and only true usecase and adoption of crypto currency andblockchain tech. Trying to help you guys out. But whatever.
What part of “I have more than retirement accounts” do you not understand? Do you really want me to pull out a longer term term chart? Telling people they are fools for investing in 401K’s, instead they should “go all in” on this one ticker is idiotic. Your investment style is going to end up much like your user name, but good luck to you and your 42% loss.

Faceplanted

What part of “I have more than retirement accounts” do you not understand? Do you really want me to pull out a longer term term chart? Telling people they are fools for investing in 401K’s, instead they should “go all in” on this one ticker is idiotic. Your investment style is going to end up much like your user name, but good luck to you and your 42% loss.
Yes the company 401k 100% idiotic. You can instead invest in real estate and have monthly passive income WHILE gaining long term gains in actual property value, or use a private Roth that allows you to get YOUR money out for whatever reason you want at any time.

Yes the company 401k 100% idiotic. You can instead invest in real estate and have monthly passive income WHILE gaining long term gains in actual property value, or use a private Roth that allows you to get YOUR money out for whatever reason you want at any time.
The 401K is a dog. But is is the easiest way for the uninformed to open a tax advantaged account.

The Driver

I drive.
Hurrr btc btc etherium

More millionaires are made every day due to frugality and investing in their 401k plans steadily over their working lifetimes than any other reason.

You keep doing you, though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You guys talk about making 100k+, if that is the case for you you are probably missing out on employer contributions. Because I'm pretty sure all deposits (yours or employer match) stop at 18 or 18.5k unless you are over 50 and get to utilize catch up contributions.
Well you're wrong.

Employers can contribute all they want but the total between the two is up to 55k. So if I put in 18k my employer can put in 37k on my behalf.