Investments, 401K, Etc (on topic)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But yours does not. So that’s a mute point.
The point was it's wrong information that gets thrown around a lot.

What if management was reading this thread? Or a customer? Or someone with a second job that matches.

I was correcting a common misconception. That is all.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well as a retired 22.3 , who invested heavily in the 401K ( up to 17% at one point ) , I have taken out $90,000 from my 401K over the last 3 years. And yes , My income is now greater than when I worked. ( I just had to buy some retirement toys ). Well back to my point 401K -$90,000 and my account balance is still over $500,000 ( actually at last check $510,500 ).
What no one really mentioned so far is the Time is your BEST friend . No matter what you do 401K and /or Roth, what you need to do is put that money away now and let it grow. Stocks markets go up and down all the time, you don't need to worry. Over time you still win. Same applies to owning properties, but with higher costs associated with it. You'll need to make periodic repairs to keep it's value up. Having a small business or another trade skill is also a plus. Working for just UPS all your life is not a pleasant option. I did it for 39 years, believe me it still gives me nightmares.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So for some reason your “retirement” accounts don’t matter until your 55, but my investment only matters on progress since January. Way to prove a point buddy. I’m privy to some big information concerning my investment. Come oct 31-end of the year you will see the first and only true usecase and adoption of crypto currency andblockchain tech. Trying to help you guys out. But whatever.
You are privy to information and bought more to average down, yet between Sunday and today it’s down over 20%. For someone who has an “inside tip”, why would you buy it 20% more than you have to? That’s right, because you are a professional and the rest of us cardboard humpers have no clue on what we are doing.

Yeah, I can see why you’d be pissed today again, another 11% loss in 24hrs
F77AF386-8E9D-42D9-B444-BA85E8D5DB25.png

ACmoses

We do have some credit card debt as of right now but that is being paid off pretty quick. Thanks for the input. Definitely leaning towards 401k. I’ll have to do some more research on the Roth IRA
The Roth money is available to you and your wife without any penalties. If you focus all of your money into the 401k, it is not available without taxes and or penalty fees. Remember...liquidity is everything! Way to plan ahead.

Faceplanted

You are privy to information and bought more to average down, yet between Sunday and today it’s down over 20%. For someone who has an “inside tip”, why would you buy it 20% more than you have to? That’s right, because you are a professional and the rest of us cardboard humpers have no clue on what we are doing.

Yeah, I can see why you’d be :censored2: today again, another 11% loss in 24hrs
View attachment 214210
You obviously don’t know any details this project. If you look at the buy/sell order books there are powers that be holding the price down through buy/sell orders on the exchanges to keep accumulating more. I’m waiting on another $300 to clear on coinbase account so I can buy more. I hope it keeps dropping so I get more bang for buck. Mainnet goes live oct 31. 5 actual paying partnerships will be announced by than. They are working with Deloitte, migos, a top high quality unnamed vanilla exporter, tuv/sud and Accenture. If you dig through you’ll find the connections. The guy who basically wrote the book on IoT tech vlad triffla is working for them, as well as one of the brightest minds in sensor tech. This is an easy 10x before eoy.

You obviously have a boomer mentality and are scared of muh 20% drops in 2 days. It happens in the crypto world. Just like youre in your silly 401k for the long haul (20+years), you wanna joke about how I lost money in a couple days. Long term fam.... right?

Last edited:

Faceplanted

The Roth money is available to you and your wife without any penalties. If you focus all of your money into the 401k, it is not available without taxes and or penalty fees. Remember...liquidity is everything! Way to plan ahead.
Your ups Roth 401k cannot be touched til retirement. It’s a scam

You obviously don’t know any details this project. If you look at the buy/sell order books there are powers that be holding the price down through buy/sell orders on the exchanges to keep accumulating more. I’m waiting on another $300 to clear on coinbase account so I can buy more. I hope it keeps dropping so I get more bang for buck. Mainnet goes live oct 31. 5 actual paying partnerships will be announced by than. They are working with Deloitte, migos, tuv/sud and Accenture. If you dig through you’ll find the connections. The guy who basically wrote the book on IoT tech vlad triffla is working for them, as well as one of the brightest minds in sensor tech. This is an easy 10x before eoy.

You obviously have a boomer mentality and are scared of muh 20% drops in 2 days. It happens in the crypto world. Just like your in your silly 401k for the long haul (20+years), you wanna joke about how I lost money in a couple days. Long term fam.... right?
Don't try catching a falling knife.

Faceplanted

It's long term money. That's what's it's designed for.
So you guys think your cool because “hahah I lost 20% in 2 days”. If your investment is long term Ie 20 years, at least give me till end of year before you attempt to talk :censored2: and say I’m stupid.

So you guys think your cool because “hahah I lost 20% in 2 days”. If your investment is long term Ie 20 years, at least give me till end of year before you attempt to talk :censored2: and say I’m stupid.
I never said you was stupid, I wasn't picking on you or calling you any names.

If you eanw to put a little play money in it and take a chance, nothing wrong with that.

Just don't go all in

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You obviously don’t know any details this project. If you look at the buy/sell order books there are powers that be holding the price down through buy/sell orders on the exchanges to keep accumulating more. I’m waiting on another $300 to clear on coinbase account so I can buy more. I hope it keeps dropping so I get more bang for buck. Mainnet goes live oct 31. 5 actual paying partnerships will be announced by than. They are working with Deloitte, migos, a top high quality unnamed vanilla exporter, tuv/sud and Accenture. If you dig through you’ll find the connections. The guy who basically wrote the book on IoT tech vlad triffla is working for them, as well as one of the brightest minds in sensor tech. This is an easy 10x before eoy.

You obviously have a boomer mentality and are scared of muh 20% drops in 2 days. It happens in the crypto world. Just like youre in your silly 401k for the long haul (20+years), you wanna joke about how I lost money in a couple days. Long term fam.... right?
You buying BTC on coinbase then transferring it?

At least tell me you're using gdax

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
These threads always get more entertaining when the crypto dude shows up.
Just in case anyone might be foolish enough to take this guy seriously, I'm gonna leave these little gems from a few weeks ago here:

We’re going to 4k!!!! Reeeeee closed my long and took a loss... I’m done guys!!!!!! That’s it it’s over
Yes. I lost everything I got. Literally. My wife is mad and is probably gonna ask for a divorce due to my stupid investing. I dumped our whole joint savings into crypto currency.

Faceplanted

You buying BTC on coinbase then transferring it?

At least tell me you're using gdax
Of course my dudes... aka coinbase pro now. It shows up instantly in my account but I can’t transfer it off of coinbase for 2-3 days till the bank transfer clears.

I should stop being stupid and get a credit union account as I then can just deposit via debt card instantly.