Investments, 401K, Etc (on topic)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Please do fren. Maybe I can show my second wife’s kids why I can’t buy them Christmas gifts.
This you pumping this on the boards right?
A5CED934-489B-4879-A2F8-C7F2A944309B.png

AMB at .15 cents currently lol

Cryptocurrency isn’t what I was really looking for but I’d probably take a gamble here and there but only with like $500. Lol I’d rather gamble and invest in stocks though.

Has anyone ever used wefunder? Thought it was kind of a cool idea to invest in some start up businesses but it seems like I wouldn’t see a return until like 10+ years if at all.. I’m a big beer person and seeing some of the breweries and liquors on the site was intriguing to invest in but I just don’t see a good return.

I looked into and thought about everyone’s advice and I’ve decided to invest in the stock market and as of now work on my savings account aka “safety/emergency fund”, and throw around 5% in my 401k or Roth IRA. After hitting around $10,000 in savings, I’ll boost up the 401k/Roth while still putting money into savings and different stocks. Still looking at roth vs 401k. Do most of you guys have both or just one? Seems like Roth IRA is the better of the two.

If anyone has any advice or tips on some good stocks, feel free to help a brotha out and I’ll try and do the same. Thank you for all the advice.

CoffeeStainedUniform

AMB at .15 cents currently lol

Cryptocurrency isn’t what I was really looking for but I’d probably take a gamble here and there but only with like $500. Lol I’d rather gamble and invest in stocks though.

Has anyone ever used wefunder? Thought it was kind of a cool idea to invest in some start up businesses but it seems like I wouldn’t see a return until like 10+ years if at all.. I’m a big beer person and seeing some of the breweries and liquors on the site was intriguing to invest in but I just don’t see a good return.

I looked into and thought about everyone’s advice and I’ve decided to invest in the stock market and as of now work on my savings account aka “safety/emergency fund”, and throw around 5% in my 401k or Roth IRA. After hitting around $10,000 in savings, I’ll boost up the 401k/Roth while still putting money into savings and different stocks. Still looking at roth vs 401k. Do most of you guys have both or just one? Seems like Roth IRA is the better of the two.

If anyone has any advice or tips on some good stocks, feel free to help a brotha out and I’ll try and do the same. Thank you for all the advice.
Roth and non Roth are equivalent....kinda

Scenario Roth: You get paid $100, tax takes $30, you invest $70 after X years you have $7,000.
Scenario 401k: You get paid $100, tax takes 0, you invest $100, after X years you have 10k...pay 3k in takes and you have $7,000

Just know that you need to adjust for the tax burden either way.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Warren Buffett says if you want steady reliable returns, this instrument 'makes the most sense'

If you're doing it right, saving for retirement is boring.
Still looking at roth vs 401k. Do most of you guys have both or just one? Seems like Roth IRA is the better of the two.
Roth vs Traditional Calculator

Last edited:

Scenario Roth: You get paid $100, tax takes $30, you invest $70 after X years you have $7,000.
Scenario 401k: You get paid $100, tax takes 0, you invest $100, after X years you have 10k...pay 3k in takes and you have $7,000

Do a little of both. Who knows what the tax structure is going to be years from now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

The beauty of the Roth to me is I don't have to worry about figuring out my taxes in retirement. If I have 500k I have 500k to spend.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Or if you max out your 401k a Roth is going to give you far more to spend in retirement.

badpal

I turn 60 next year and not planning on retiring, but want to pull all my taxable retirement funds out and pay the tax as soon as i can, I dont see tax rates ever being any better.

badpal

lots of things are possible.

When I'm teadr to leave I will spend a few hundred dollars and buy an hour or two of a financial advisors time.
Lol. hope you find a better one than i got. Mine says ask your tax man ,and the tax man says ask your financial advisor.