Investments, 401K, Etc (on topic)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
95% of people can’t handle their own money. They need a 401k

The same 95% of people can surf social media for hours a day, and watch football for 8 hours on Sunday.... but can’t learn about appreciating assets and simple investing. It seems me you and others are willing to do the work. It pays off.
And that 95% are why the safeguards make sense.

A lot of people just simply do not get investing. My wife has a far higher IQ than me but when we start talking retirement she just does not comprehend and I get told to take care of it.

Faceplanted

And that 95% are why the safeguards make sense.

A lot of people just simply do not get investing. My wife has a far higher IQ than me but when we start talking retirement she just does not comprehend and I get told to take care of it.
Are you sure. Iq has a lot to do with problem solving and retirement is problem solving. I’m verified 120ish iq from internet tests. Get at me brother!!!!!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I like how you single out my crypto loss but not my passive and realized real estate income, or guns, or cars.
Go to the psychiatrist and explain. Adhd med will change your life. I got diagnosed old as :censored2: because my parents didn’t believe in that :censored2:z
You need to chill out man.
OP came here with questions about the 401k.

You seem like you are seeking some kind of validation about your choices. It's weird.

Faceplanted

You need to chill out man.
OP came here with questions about the 401k.

You seem like you are seeking some kind of validation about your choices. It's weird.
As do you concerning your sick 7% gains compounding. I’m done here tonight. Got bishes to :censored2:, drugs to be done, and liquor to drunk. Literally good luck to everybody on their investments..... I hope everybody makes it.

Except driveindriveout. I don’t like your vibes bro.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Without the 401k and UPS stock coming out of my paycheck each week I wouldn't be sitting on my butt watching brown trucks go by my front window. For the average Joe low and slow is the key.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Honestly -25% ain't bad this year :consoling:
You and I have talked retirement before, I know you're not banking on crypto to save you like this guy.

I'm not anti crypto, I just think the best way to make money on it is through the stock market. If blockchain is profitable, the big guys will make money on it and the market will reflect that. Just my opinion.

Not saying a few won't make the right choices along the way playing with these altcoins, but thats not the same as saving for retirement.

I honestly think this guy is just trolling.

Brownslave688

You and I have talked retirement before, I know you're not banking on crypto to save you like this guy.

I'm not anti crypto, I just think the best way to make money on it is through the stock market. If blockchain is profitable, the big guys will make money on it and the market will reflect that. Just my opinion.

Not saying a few won't make the right choices along the way playing with these altcoins, but thats not the same as saving for retirement.

I very much think it's a pre 2000 internet businesses thing. Some of these crytpos are going to make people big big money. But yeah there's over 2000 of them. It's a crap shoot at this point. Especially outside the top 15 or so.

Brownslave688

I've heard a lot of people say what you're saying. Basically your apples and ibm and Microsoft will create there own blockchains.

But what makes bitcoin so secure is the mining process. And to get people to mine there has to be value to the asset. Otherwise there's no incentive.

It's interesting for sure. We are just scratching the surface of what this will be in 5-10 years.

For the shot at 3,5,10 times returns in the matter of a year or even just a few months yeah I think it's worth throwing <10% of ones portfolio at.

Faceplanted

I've heard a lot of people say what you're saying. Basically your apples and ibm and Microsoft will create there own blockchains.

But what makes bitcoin so secure is the mining process. And to get people to mine there has to be value to the asset. Otherwise there's no incentive.

It's interesting for sure. We are just scratching the surface of what this will be in 5-10 years.

For the shot at 3,5,10 times returns in the matter of a year or even just a few months yeah I think it's worth throwing <10% of ones portfolio at.
I was going to type a long drawn out explination of why currency ran block chains are the only true decentralized real way to verify anything. But it’s too technical and :censored2: it

Brownslave, see you in the soup line.

Back to more girls/alcohol/drugs. My crypto bitches laughing at you wage cuckservatives as we speak. Maybe we’ll take a ride around in the Classic car when I’m done and make it rain satoshies while busting 7.62x39 into the air. Booook booook booook. Moooooore fiya!!!!

Re-Raise

2963E5F9-DCC6-41B6-B9E5-0E3A74353D6E.png

So easy

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Hey guys, I just hit top rate not too long ago and really need to start looking to save for retirement a little better than what I have been.

I was hoping to maybe start up a little dialogue between us drivers so we can help each other out.

Couple questions for myself:

Should I mainly just focus on maxing our my 401k every year?

is the stock option plans a good route to go down as well or should I just focus on 401k?

I plan to retire at 30 years no matter what.. my wife will be making more money than I will within the next 4 years or so, and as of now, I’ll do the early retirement in 21 years and jump on her benefits plan unless I find another job that pays benefits.

Maybe reading some of what you guys are doing or what you guys have done, will lead me in the right direction.

Thanks
Do you know how to make God laugh? Tell him YOUR plans.