Is a suspension or warning letter required before being fired for attendance?

brob5111

just wondering because i have been working here as an unloader for 3 years with 2 jobs and going to school, lately my attendance has been shotty due to various issues. the last time i was spoken to about my attendance i was on my 4th infraction. i really do need and care about the job but i honestly have made some mistakes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
just wondering because i have been working here as an unloader for 3 years with 2 jobs and going to school, lately my attendance has been shotty due to various issues. the last time i was spoken to about my attendance i was on my 4th infraction. i really do need and care about the job but i honestly have made some mistakes.

Why not just show up for work everyday on time

Make your life a lot easier

brob5111

Honestly they don't make it easy on people with multiple jobs and people that go to school. He should talk to his sup and ask for a lighter schedule. Shouldn't be a big problem this time of the year.

It use to never be an issue but ever since we had a new full time supervisor take over, thought i respect his authority and understand the situation, he has been much more of a stickler about attendance. Im trying to get my life and career going and working night shift to pay for my school and health insurance is tough but its my only choice in my situation. Thanks for understanding, I really appreciate that.

It use to never be an issue but ever since we had a new full time supervisor take over, thought i respect his authority and understand the situation, he has been much more of a stickler about attendance. Im trying to get my life and career going and working night shift to pay for my school and health insurance is tough but its my only choice in my situation. Thanks for understanding, I really appreciate that.
They used to work with the students at one time. I really don't understand why they don't do it anymore.

brob5111

They used to work with the students at one time. I really don't understand why they don't do it anymore.

It is a bit harsh to say this but in my opinion some of the upper management at UPS want to make other peoples lives harder because they don't particularly like their own job / routine. Im not referencing my full time sup, but the people above him who give him crap about this kind of non sense.

It is a bit harsh to say this but in my opinion some of the upper management at UPS want to make other peoples lives harder because they don't particularly like their own job / routine. Im not referencing my full time sup, but the people above him who give him crap about this kind of non sense.
Have you talked to him and explained your situation?

brob5111

he does know my situation but i never told him it gets too much to handle at times. i can maybe try to talk to him and see if there is any flexibility. i care about my co workers i consider many of them close friends and i dont want to leave them understaffed on days, we work on very short staffing. its all very corporate as we all know. for now on im just gonna keep pushing through and going to work. i am getting my associates by the summer and i plan on leaving UPS by then. its been way too long doing labor and i am of sleight build. excuse after excuse, i know, but its just the honest truth. my back hurts. my state of mind isnt the greatest either, working night shift brings my mental stability down. as long as i dont get fired by the summer ill be in great shape, lol, so no more missing days. i have 2 more vacations between then as well

lolbr

Let him know you need to speak with him after your shift. Explain your situation. Because he is newly takin over the area, he's likely pushing everything he can to see how it goes. Almost any supervisors will work with you to fix the situation before having to deal with turnover and an unknown replacement. You just have to put in the initial effort to get the ball moving.

over9five

Staff member
We have an employee who's been late over 70 times in the past year. It's all OK tho, because the employee lives an alternate lifestyle.
Tell your manager that you are gay, and he is harassing because of your gayness, and you will report him to the ethics hotline if he ever brings up your tardiness again.

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Honestly they don't make it easy on people with multiple jobs and people that go to school. He should talk to his sup and ask for a lighter schedule. Shouldn't be a big problem this time of the year.

They really don't care about anyone anymore. But some hubs really have a hard time keeping people.

Good luck brother.
giphy (5).gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
get to work and you will correct the problem

rod

Retired 22 years
We have an employee who's been late over 70 times in the past year. It's all OK tho, because the driver lives an alternate lifestyle.
Tell your manager that you are gay, and he is harassing because of your gayness, and you will report him to the ethics hotline if he ever brings up your tardiness again.
Sad but unfortunately that’s life in America now. We are all doomed.