Is buying water at a truck stop "time theft"?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Can be.

Your theory is buying a hotdog and chips satisfies the sodium component.....candy too.....corn nuts....Beaver nuggets.

Big ole sack of Cheetos. Cool.
Grab a bag of cheese 🧀 curds too . All the feeder guys up here munch on those while driving between stops

qdg2

Grab a bag of cheese 🧀 curds too . All the feeder guys up here munch on those while driving between stops
Sounds yummy.

Distracted driving and the new in-cab cameras will be interesting. Here's my point: If you can drink while driving, can you snack? How about change radio stations, fan speed on the a/c....whatever. This is off-topic though.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Sounds yummy.

Distracted driving and the new in-cab cameras will be interesting. Here's my point: If you can drink while driving, can you snack? How about change radio stations, fan speed on the a/c....whatever. This is off-topic though.
Buying water at a stop is not stealing time if you are quick about it. No sup is gonna bust you for that unless you are a problem child and on their radar.

Is this on-topic?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Well, it doesn't matter....right? stealing is stealing......right? I'm trying to define how water would be treated as it is necessary. Should we punch out to buy it if we need it and we must be allowed to drink water/hydrate.
Code out and take an exceptional long time to drink said water bottle.

clean hairy

Consider this as well.
Person at one of your stops asks you to wait, and they will get you a bottle of
water. It takes a couple minutes, same length of time as buying water at a convenience store you deliver to.
Deliver to an office building and take a few moments to get a nice long drink of water from the water fountain.
Would anyone honestly clock out for break in any of these situations?

Whither

Scofflaw
The truth is, all the rules re: when to code out time are arbitrary. Do you need nutrients in order to stay hydrated? Of course. Drinking water is not sufficient. The company has made a bureaucratic mess out of it because it is obsessed with not just profits, but also the production numbers themselves ... an obsession which, of course, costs them quite a bit on the back end and that, I'd be willing bet, they really cannot calculate. The company's perspective is reactive and short-term. They quickly forget to do the difficult work to implement and maintain their "longer-term" plans, e.g., ORION.

Last edited: