Is it a good time to get into UPS & make it a career?

Thoughts on getting into UPS and paying your dues for a shot at driving at a young age in this generation? Mostly concerned with future automation and whether or not it’s still worth it?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Thoughts on getting into UPS and paying your dues for a shot at driving at a young age in this generation? Mostly concerned with future automation and whether or not it’s still worth it?

I wouldn't count on it being a career anymore. But there is still some time to make some money. When everything goes downhill for the delivery industry, you'll get government assistance for job retraining.

F

Frankie's Friend

Get a refrigeration (HVAC) license, hire some more that have their license, and get rich.

Should be able to average $1500/day depending on what area you choose to locate to.

Driving is a lot of work. You cant depend on the pension to be there. Control your future revenue. That service industry is going to be a wide open field shortly.
Just my opinion from watching my friends make $100/hr+.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Get a refrigeration (HVAC) license, hire some more that have their license, and get rich.

Should be able to average $1500/day depending on what area you choose to locate to.

Driving is a lot of work. You cant depend on the pension to be there. Control your future revenue. That service industry is going to be a wide open field shortly.
Just my opinion from watching my friends make $100/hr+.
Your friends are blowing smoke up your ass. Nobody is making $400k doing HVAC.

F

Frankie's Friend

Your friends are blowing smoke up your ass. Nobody is making $400k doing HVAC.
Yes sir they are. I saw their W2s. One personally made over $500Gs with his crews working 6 days a week.
It's commercial work not residential.

F

Frankie's Friend

My best friends neighbor owns one of the largest hvac companies around here.

He makes bank. The guys doing the work don’t make very much.
Exactly. Like I said, get your license, hire licensed techs, and make money off of them.

The headaches are short term (the labor pool isnt great everywhere) and you can retire without a greater chance of shoulder, hip, and knee surgeries...earlier.