Is It Time To Disrupt Operations?

Bsullivan

By the way i posted earlier my union local is one of the only locals in the US to have a fedex home devilery union and it's 39 drivers. You would think fedex has learned by everything ups went through.

New Englander

TieGuy...on this side of the fence? I don't know if I should be honored...or dismayed. Anyway, since the economy has tanked, I really don't think the Teamsters are going to push that hard, at least at Express. Smith, who's pretty bright, will bargain "full employment" against the Teamsters, and in today's environment, that's a strong hand in the poker game. Even though we're not "laying-off", Fred is doing it in other ways that have the same net effect. Most employees are going to buy-off on "security" for now and not realize that Smith is already getting rid of people as fast as he can by other means.

As much as Smith deserves a union, it's going to be awhile until he gets one. Sad, but true.

Seriously, nice to see some input from you over here on the dark side.

Economy has tanked? Our inbound this week is well up over last years inbound of the same week.

Our business is directly influenced by the price of gas. When normal people fear filling their car up they don't shop. Gas back under $2 - their ordering crap again.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Economy has tanked? Our inbound this week is well up over last years inbound of the same week.

Our business is directly influenced by the price of gas. When normal people fear filling their car up they don't shop. Gas back under $2 - their ordering crap again.

We've seen a significant volume increase as well, but post-peak is going to probably going to be even slower than usual. The overall US economy is lousy, and the world economies are following suit, so my comment about Fred having a trump card is still valid. If FedEx volume continues to go down, Smith will be in a much better position to fight the Teamster movement than he would in a strong economic environment.

moreluck

golden ticket member
FDX News..........

FedEx pays $26.8M to settle Calif. contractor case

AP ONLINE
Posted: 2008-12-05 12:15:00
NEW YORK (AP) — FedEx says it will pay $26.8 million to settle a case in its ongoing battle over whether its Ground unit workers are illegally classified as independent contractors instead of employees.
The California Appeals Court ruled last year that about 200 contractors who operated in the state were employees. Memphis, Tenn.-based FedEx Corp. says about 900 workers at FedEx Ground still operate in California as contractors.
FedEx spokesman Maury Lane said Friday that while the company disagrees with the original ruling by the California Court of Appeals, it is "pleased to put the matter behind" them.
Lane says $19 million of the $26.8 million settlement is for plaintiff attorneys fees, interest and court costs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Duh....the same reason I left. Me personally? If I'm going to be doing a job, I'm going to be driven to get the best compensation I can.

I'm not the one on here bitching and complaining to predominately UPS employee's about how my job at FedEx sucks.

So I must ask why are you still there?

Here it is... Quote, "Duh...the same reason I left". This is in direct response to my post listing all of the FedEx take-aways.Perhaps you should go see your doctor for an Alzheimers test. What a dumb-ass. Please refute your own words. Perhaps you and FedExAllThe Way can hook-up and compare your 1-digit IQ's.

New Englander

Here it is... Quote, "Duh...the same reason I left". This is in direct response to my post listing all of the FedEx take-aways.Perhaps you should go see your doctor for an Alzheimers test. What a dumb-ass. Please refute your own words. Perhaps you and FedExAllThe Way can hook-up and compare your 1-digit IQ's.

Okay smart guy.....why not post what I was replying to as well?

Hard to make your case that way? I only left because UPS pay's more. That was not a take away you tool. I did not "lose" or have part of my wage "taken" away while I was a courier.

Do you need more help with this?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Hard to make your case that way? I only left because UPS pay's more. That was not a take away you tool. I did not "lose" or have part of my wage "taken" away while I was a courier.

Did you actually ever work for FedEx? To deny that there weren't any take-aways is like saying the Earth is flat. If you'd like to play games I can dig-up my original post. It immediately precedes the response I quoted. You decide if you'd like to look even more foolish after you review it, or did you mean to say something else? Assuming you actually did work at FedEx, wouldn't you call losing profit-sharing, your pension, and a lack of raises that made your true wage worth less and less each year take-aways? By the way, did you mean "fool" instead of "tool"? Your writing is enough like that other witch to make me wonder if perhaps you're the same person. Are you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hmmmm. Let's see what we've lost over the last 8 years:

1. Pension Plan...kind of a big one there.

2. Profit Sharing

3. Personal Jumpseat (Business is OK because it saves Fred money)

4. Wages that have not even come close to keeping-up with the cost of living.

5. Decent insurance coverage. CIGNA contests almost everything now and Dental is limited to $1,000 per year. Davis Vision?...ha ha ha!!

And let's see what we've gained:

1. Oppressive and unfair injury and accident policies

2. BPP methods that are shoved down our throats incessantly and enforced via OLCC and letters.

3. Incompetent management that treats us like dirt while expecting constant increases in productivity.

4. A clear and distinct effort to rid the company of senior couriers. This is the basis for the current age discrimination suit that will probably go class action.

And much, much more.... yeah, nothing's changed at all. If it's such a great place, why don't you leave UPS and come back to Uncle Fred?

Here's the post that NewEnglander replied to. Perhaps his/her memory will be refreshed. You've been taken to the woodshed...again.

New Englander

My god.....
You have got to be one of the biggest donkeys out there.
I was at EENA for almost four years. I NEVER experienced a take away you turd. Absolutely nothing was taken away from me in that time.
Is it hard for you to understand that?

Lol.....you have not posted anything where I have specifically said I had experienced a take away.

Keep trying though!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My god.....
You have got to be one of the biggest donkeys out there.
I was at EENA for almost four years. I NEVER experienced a take away you turd. Absolutely nothing was taken away from me in that time.
Is it hard for you to understand that?

Lol.....you have not posted anything where I have specifically said I had experienced a take away.

Keep trying though!

Read my post, then read your response...simple as that. When did you work for FedEx anyway? If it was over 10 years ago, then your employment there was before they got totally greedy. I love it when you call me names, because that's what people do when they run out of ammo and start responding with emotion instead of reason.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue this point with you any longer. If you want to post something intelligent, I'll respond to you. You sound like you remember a FedEx that no longer exists, which is common among former employees who worked there a long time ago. It's a totally different place now.

SmithBarney

So i'm not sure If I saw it anywhere in the post,
but back to the subject line of the topic.
what exactly would you do "to Disrupt Operations"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Go back to page 1, and I've got a long list of possibilities. The best option, however, is just doing everything exactly by the book. If enough people actually did this, the entire operation would be in chaos.

FedEx All the Way!

Yes, please help him - he needs all the help he can get.

FedEx All the Way!

Perhaps you should be the one having your IQ tested again and again, there is definitely a problem there!

FedEx All the Way!

Did you actually ever work for FedEx? To deny that there weren't any take-aways is like saying the Earth is flat. If you'd like to play games I can dig-up my original post. It immediately precedes the response I quoted. You decide if you'd like to look even more foolish after you review it, or did you mean to say something else? Assuming you actually did work at FedEx, wouldn't you call losing profit-sharing, your pension, and a lack of raises that made your true wage worth less and less each year take-aways? By the way, did you mean "fool" instead of "tool"? Your writing is enough like that other witch to make me wonder if perhaps you're the same person. Are you?

Oh no, here we go again, dodging the question not only by me, but by someone else this time. Why are you still there? If Fred has taken everything from you, as you so call it - is it that hard to find work for yourself - Have you tried UPS or did they knock you down as well?

FedEx All the Way!

He's asking everyone to go by the book - that they have written (rules and regulations). Obviously, he sucks at doing the job right the first time - so he thinks that by going by the book he will disrupt operations. How clever can someone be! I'm surprised as to why he was not Obama's running mate.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He's asking everyone to go by the book - that they have written (rules and regulations). Obviously, he sucks at doing the job right the first time - so he thinks that by going by the book he will disrupt operations. How clever can someone be! I'm surprised as to why he was not Obama's running mate.

Ordinarily, I won't stoop to answer you, but I'll make an exception here. My very point is that if we did do everything by the book, that the FedEx operation would become completely inefficient and basically fall apart. This speaks volumes about the games that management plays with the system, like forcing people to falsify just to keep their job (got to keep those numbers up!), or working off the clock, or about a hundred other things that FedEx management regularly does that contradicts their own sacred policies and procedures.

As a complete idiot, I don't expect you to understand this. I do,however, expect your usual line of company hype and BS about how great FedEx is ...blah, blah, blah. Go buy some Kaopectate, and drink the whole bottle...it will help your constant diarrhhea of the mouth.

FedEx All the Way!

Ordinarily, I won't stoop to answer you, but I'll make an exception here. My very point is that if we did do everything by the book, that the FedEx operation would become completely inefficient and basically fall apart. This speaks volumes about the games that management plays with the system, like forcing people to falsify just to keep their job (got to keep those numbers up!), or working off the clock, or about a hundred other things that FedEx management regularly does that contradicts their own sacred policies and procedures.

As a complete idiot, I don't expect you to understand this. I do,however, expect your usual line of company hype and BS about how great FedEx is ...blah, blah, blah. Go buy some Kaopectate, and drink the whole bottle...it will help your constant diarrhhea of the mouth.

No, honey, your the idiot. Haven't you realized yet that it is just a job. You always sound that Fred owes you! HELLO - he doesn't owe you anything. Please get it through your big obnoxious head of yours - no employer owes you anything! All he's really obligated to give you is a paycheck - oh! by the way, would you like to stay home and have it sent to you?