Is It Time To Disrupt Operations?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One question for you.

95% of us UPS drivers all work overtime.

How does working overtime at FedEx make up the difference. Your straight pay is less then us as is your overtime :) How are you making up the difference?

As an edit: Why should you guys make near as much as us? As an ex-FedExer I can honestly say you do about 70% the work we do.

It never fully made-up the difference...it just made the gap smaller. Now, since there basically isn't any OT, the gap is far wider. Add-in all of the takeaways and it's a chasm. Since you've left, I'd say we do about 90% of what a UPS driver does since they've really upped the productivity expectations. You might hump more freight, but our stops are farther apart and we have a much higher percentage of on-call pickups. You say tomato and I say tomatoe, but most of us work our ass off every day. They absorb routes every day, and there's no such thing as sneaking out the door "light" anymore. Routes are actually balanced much more effectively than they used to be and there aren't many slackers left who can remain undetected.

New Englander

It never fully made-up the difference...it just made the gap smaller. Now, since there basically isn't any OT, the gap is far wider. Add-in all of the takeaways and it's a chasm. Since you've left, I'd say we do about 90% of what a UPS driver does since they've really upped the productivity expectations. You might hump more freight, but our stops are farther apart and we have a much higher percentage of on-call pickups. You say tomato and I say tomatoe, but most of us work our ass off every day. They absorb routes every day, and there's no such thing as sneaking out the door "light" anymore. Routes are actually balanced much more effectively than they used to be and there aren't many slackers left who can remain undetected.

My FedEx driver friends are most times forced on an on area split (2 hour) lunch waiting for pick ups times. Is that 90% of what we do? Let's see....less time driving and more time humping bulk. I can honestly say - I'm much more efficient now then any time as a FedEx courier. I can show up at the same time as a FedEx driver, load a hand cart up. Make the delivery and be back moving again well before the FedEx courier. Not just the independents I'm talking Express. We do that just about every stop.

It's not hard work but until you wear both shoes. You just don't know.

The gap may be wider, but I do know my OT is down as well. You are kidding yourself if you think your OT narrowed the gap. It may have made your checks larger BUT no gap was ever narrowed from it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My FedEx driver friends are most times forced on an on area split (2 hour) lunch waiting for pick ups times. Is that 90% of what we do? Let's see....less time driving and more time humping bulk. I can honestly say - I'm much more efficient now then any time as a FedEx courier. I can show up at the same time as a FedEx driver, load a hand cart up. Make the delivery and be back moving again well before the FedEx courier. Not just the independents I'm talking Express. We do that just about every stop.

It's not hard work but until you wear both shoes. You just don't know.

The gap may be wider, but I do know my OT is down as well. You are kidding yourself if you think your OT narrowed the gap. It may have made your checks larger BUT no gap was ever narrowed from it.

I don't know where you work, but in my area, we do just about the same amount of work....heavy industrial park with your guys in P1000's and our people in W900's, just 100 cu. ft. smaller. That mandatory FedEx 2 hr split is unpaid, so doesn't that actually concentrate the amount of work done on the clock in your example?
I've been in Feeder(RTD) work for both companies before so I do know my way around more than you might think, and I'm pretty close friends with the UPS drivers around these parts. I know what they do and vice-versa.

I don't doubt that the typical UPS driver is more efficient. On any given block he probably has 20 stops to my 12, but my area is a lot larger. Anyway, I don't want to provoke an argument, but given the wage gap AND the benefit gap, we are being royally screwed, which is my real point. When you were still there, didn't you feel totally taken advantage of on a regular basis?

FedEx All the Way!

I doubt it, but just so you'll learn something today, here's why a lot of extremely capable hourlies never went into management. Fred, in his infinite cheapness, used to start his Ops Managers in the low 40's for a thankless job that required 65-80 hrs per week. Lots of headaches for not much pay. At the same time, when OT was plentiful and FedEx was very busy, a topped-out courier or RTD would be making $60,000 to $75,000 per year(or more)if they were motivated and willing to work at all times. The vast majority of the time, hourlies out-earned management by a significant margin. Eventually, management compensation would exceed that of an hourly, but only after about 10 years, and in the meantime, most managers would have either quit or downgraded back to hourly status due to the stress and unreasonable expectations of the job.

Today, management pay has risen, and a very long-term Ops Manager does quite well, as do other managers. OT is basically gone in most stations, so hourlies have to make do on a 40 hr week in most cases. The lack of OT has made the wage disparity between us and UPS especially glaring, since there is no longer any opportunity to make-up the difference. Add-in all of the takeaways, and it looks even worse. Is it any wonder that a revolt is brewing?

So, have you learned anything today after my little history lesson? Maybe your husband has been in management long enough to be making good money, and perhaps he started when the compensation gap made getting into management a decent choice.

Until you learn more about the history of FedEx and the absolute decline in respect for the hourly employee, your posts will continue to be ill-informed and third party in nature. I'd still like to see hubby get on here and do some 'splainin, as Ricky Ricardo used to say.

I appreciate the history lesson. Hubby wouldn't give you the time of day - and that is only because you sound like a greedy little man. I truly find you a very sad case in society. I guess you really don't know how bad it is out there. This country is in a mess, people actually considering suicide because they have lost their job and their home and all you can say is how bad FedEx/Upper Management has or is treating you, yet you still walk through the doors.
I guess no-one is hiring your talent so your stuck at FedEx - :sick:

FedEx All the Way!

I beleive that Fed-Ex All the Way needs to find a job herself because it seems to me that she has way too much time on her hands. Maybe instead of posting about Fed-Ex she might want to actually work at Fed-Ex than what she says might be worth more than cow dung. Also I feel bad for her husband atleast I can just log off to get away from her but hes not that lucky.

Mrs. FedEx All the Way, does have a job, thank you. Since you have decided to team up with Mr. FedEx, I consider you both small minded humans. Our country is in a mess and all MrFedEx does is complain about this that and the other about FedEx. Have you read anything positive about FedEx on his posts?
Just to let you know, In the line of work I do, I see people losing their job and home everyday. So I find it very hard to read about someone who still has a job and complains about it.
I hope that you continue to have a job in this economy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I appreciate the history lesson. Hubby wouldn't give you the time of day - and that is only because you sound like a greedy little man. I truly find you a very sad case in society. I guess you really don't know how bad it is out there. This country is in a mess, people actually considering suicide because they have lost their job and their home and all you can say is how bad FedEx/Upper Management has or is treating you, yet you still walk through the doors.
I guess no-one is hiring your talent so your stuck at FedEx - :sick:

You're like a scratchy old record that keeps playing the same song over and over again. Can't you ever think of anything original to say? Your hubby is going to have to change his attitude really soon, because there are plenty of employees just like me who will soon be unionized. At that point he'll have to stop pretending that everything is just swell at FedEx and actually deal with some of our issues. I'm beginning to wonder if your GED is mail-order too. One of the big reasons the country is such a mess is companies like FedEx, which enrich their upper management at the expense of working people. Get real...and do a little reading instead of parroting FOX News and Limbaugh all the time.

FedEx All the Way!

You're like a scratchy old record that keeps playing the same song over and over again. Can't you ever think of anything original to say? Your hubby is going to have to change his attitude really soon, because there are plenty of employees just like me who will soon be unionized. At that point he'll have to stop pretending that everything is just swell at FedEx and actually deal with some of our issues. I'm beginning to wonder if your GED is mail-order too. One of the big reasons the country is such a mess is companies like FedEx, which enrich their upper management at the expense of working people. Get real...and do a little reading instead of parroting FOX News and Limbaugh all the time.

Get a grip on life - the solution to our problem is people like you who don't appreciate anything in life - such as someone giving you a job. Please and I mean, PLEASE - your so unhappy at FedEx and you keep bringing it down, why are you still there? - even if the record is scratched it still plays doesn't it? Whatever you think about my education is your opinion, I can't stop that. I was brought up thanking each and every day. I was also brought up to have the strength to deal with whatever comes my way. So by me saying this - you may think I'm a church lady or carry my pom-poms, again that's your opinion - I certainly did not grow up not appreciating what I have. You on the other hand, don't appreciate anything - your just a negative little man. The day you unionize FEDEX is the day you'll be face to face with NOBAMA (whom by the way will save you)! So, I ask you again, whatever you think about my hubby or my education is your opinion and that's fine. just remember, whatever you wrong will eventually come back to hunt you!

New Englander

I don't know where you work, but in my area, we do just about the same amount of work....heavy industrial park with your guys in P1000's and our people in W900's, just 100 cu. ft. smaller. That mandatory FedEx 2 hr split is unpaid, so doesn't that actually concentrate the amount of work done on the clock in your example?
I've been in Feeder(RTD) work for both companies before so I do know my way around more than you might think, and I'm pretty close friends with the UPS drivers around these parts. I know what they do and vice-versa.

I don't doubt that the typical UPS driver is more efficient. On any given block he probably has 20 stops to my 12, but my area is a lot larger. Anyway, I don't want to provoke an argument, but given the wage gap AND the benefit gap, we are being royally screwed, which is my real point. When you were still there, didn't you feel totally taken advantage of on a regular basis?

I honestly never felt taken advantage of at FedEx. I spent a week in Sommerset, NJ. For DG and spill clean up training. It was honestly a paid vacation with travel time paid as well. :)

The reason the Express drivers are taking split's unpaid obviously is because there is not enough work for them to do prior to pick ups. There not being told to do more then they did in the past in less time resulting in forced splits. I've two friends who no longer speak since they were at each other trying to get the work to stay working all day.

I was a cover while at Fedex. Though my usual route to cover since the driver at the time as in LEAP (prior to ASPIRE) and was almost through it and in building quite a bit. Covered the area of almost 4 of our UPS routes, was about 200+ miles and 45 del not including pick ups. I wore shorts the entire winter covering ski resorts since I was in the vehicle driving more then I was delivering.

Now on these same rural routes at UPS the furthest one out does 170 miles and 90 del stops. The others all run about the same del stop some increasing more as the miles decrease.

I can honestly say that at FedEx I rarely ever felt like I could not get my lunch break in at any point of the day. I rarely ever feel like I can get it in at UPS. Heck at FedEx I brought an hour egg timer with me to sleep on my lunches.

You may cover more area per route but your miles are not nearly as high as you'd expect when comparing like routes. We are covering many more miles of driving in less territory. Most of these miles are at 25 to 35 mph. Not 45 to 65. Doing more deliveries - usually with much more volume on both the pick up and delivery side.

You'll always find a FedEx route that could be compared to a UPS one but both you and I know it's not near close on a whole.

I can say honestly from experience in my area that I'm not worth the $32+ I'll be making at the end of this contract and there is no way a FedEx courier is worth anywhere near that for the job they do regionally here.

Everyone would like more money but at $22 top rate plus or minus for georaphic discrepencies your well paid. I think your progression does suck and take way too long but......UPS is increasingly trying to lengthen ours as well.

Carefull what you wish for - more money will in turn require more out of the drivers. You think your all being UPS'd now wait till then.

I'm not kidding when I say I sometimes miss the days of FedEx. I never went home feeling beat and broken.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Get a grip on life - the solution to our problem is people like you who don't appreciate anything in life - such as someone giving you a job. Please and I mean, PLEASE - your so unhappy at FedEx and you keep bringing it down, why are you still there? - even if the record is scratched it still plays doesn't it? Whatever you think about my education is your opinion, I can't stop that. I was brought up thanking each and every day. I was also brought up to have the strength to deal with whatever comes my way. So by me saying this - you may think I'm a church lady or carry my pom-poms, again that's your opinion - I certainly did not grow up not appreciating what I have. You on the other hand, don't appreciate anything - your just a negative little man. The day you unionize FEDEX is the day you'll be face to face with NOBAMA (whom by the way will save you)! So, I ask you again, whatever you think about my hubby or my education is your opinion and that's fine. just remember, whatever you wrong will eventually come back to hunt you!

At this point, all I can say is that you're a freaking idiot. And I'm sure this will come back to "hunt me" (sic). If elected, along with a Democratically controlled Congress, "Nobama" will assist Fred in losing his RLA exemption (ask Hubby) and champion the Employee Free Choice Act. Helloooo Teamsters!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I honestly never felt taken advantage of at FedEx. I spent a week in Sommerset, NJ. For DG and spill clean up training. It was honestly a paid vacation with travel time paid as well. :)

The reason the Express drivers are taking split's unpaid obviously is because there is not enough work for them to do prior to pick ups. There not being told to do more then they did in the past in less time resulting in forced splits. I've two friends who no longer speak since they were at each other trying to get the work to stay working all day.

I was a cover while at Fedex. Though my usual route to cover since the driver at the time as in LEAP (prior to ASPIRE) and was almost through it and in building quite a bit. Covered the area of almost 4 of our UPS routes, was about 200+ miles and 45 del not including pick ups. I wore shorts the entire winter covering ski resorts since I was in the vehicle driving more then I was delivering.

Now on these same rural routes at UPS the furthest one out does 170 miles and 90 del stops. The others all run about the same del stop some increasing more as the miles decrease.

I can honestly say that at FedEx I rarely ever felt like I could not get my lunch break in at any point of the day. I rarely ever feel like I can get it in at UPS. Heck at FedEx I brought an hour egg timer with me to sleep on my lunches.

You may cover more area per route but your miles are not nearly as high as you'd expect when comparing like routes. We are covering many more miles of driving in less territory. Most of these miles are at 25 to 35 mph. Not 45 to 65. Doing more deliveries - usually with much more volume on both the pick up and delivery side.

You'll always find a FedEx route that could be compared to a UPS one but both you and I know it's not near close on a whole.

I can say honestly from experience in my area that I'm not worth the $32+ I'll be making at the end of this contract and there is no way a FedEx courier is worth anywhere near that for the job they do regionally here.

Everyone would like more money but at $22 top rate plus or minus for georaphic discrepencies your well paid. I think your progression does suck and take way too long but......UPS is increasingly trying to lengthen ours as well.

Carefull what you wish for - more money will in turn require more out of the drivers. You think your all being UPS'd now wait till then.

I'm not kidding when I say I sometimes miss the days of FedEx. I never went home feeling beat and broken.

Nobody over here is expecting a $32 per hour contract. If we go union, I think we'll be looking more towards getting the pension plan back, lower medical cost contributions, 3-year top-outs, and a reasonable raise. The RTD's would probably want more, and would likely get it.

At my station, we're still busy, but only because we've had route boundaries expanded and pickup routes consolidated. I've heard volumes back East and in the Rust Belt are way down. Fred is still getting his money's worth out here.

Most of us are just tired of being bent over. Obama is winning handily as I write this, so Smith might be losing his RLA exemption soon, and the Employee Free Choice Act will probably be passed as well. This will give us the tools we need to fight Fred and win.

FedEx All the Way!

Nobody over here is expecting a $32 per hour contract. If we go union, I think we'll be looking more towards getting the pension plan back, lower medical cost contributions, 3-year top-outs, and a reasonable raise. The RTD's would probably want more, and would likely get it.

At my station, we're still busy, but only because we've had route boundaries expanded and pickup routes consolidated. I've heard volumes back East and in the Rust Belt are way down. Fred is still getting his money's worth out here.

Most of us are just tired of being bent over. Obama is winning handily as I write this, so Smith might be losing his RLA exemption soon, and the Employee Free Choice Act will probably be passed as well. This will give us the tools we need to fight Fred and win.

HA-HA-HA! Your the idiot! - I wasn't aware that you had a meeting with NOBAMA face to face, was it on TV last night? I must have missed that one! Or maybe after last night his first telephone call was to you to let you know that his first priority was not to fix the mess this country is in, but to battle FedEx. You are dreaming, but that's OK, nothing wrong with dreaming, I'll give you that.
FedEx union! when pigs fly, again keep dreaming, that's ok!
If your tired of being bent over - QUIT! Or are you not man enough to do that - No job out there for you? Need some help looking - I'll be the first to help. What do you major in? Janitorial perhaps?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
HA-HA-HA! Your the idiot! - I wasn't aware that you had a meeting with NOBAMA face to face, was it on TV last night? I must have missed that one! Or maybe after last night his first telephone call was to you to let you know that his first priority was not to fix the mess this country is in, but to battle FedEx. You are dreaming, but that's OK, nothing wrong with dreaming, I'll give you that.
FedEx union! when pigs fly, again keep dreaming, that's ok!
If your tired of being bent over - QUIT! Or are you not man enough to do that - No job out there for you? Need some help looking - I'll be the first to help. What do you major in? Janitorial perhaps?

More stellar grammar and spelling from the most "intelligent" person on the BC. I know you're panties are in a wad over Obama, but there WILL be a union at FedEx. The Democrats will pass the Employee Free Choice Act, and the RLA exemption will be gone in short order. I would guess that FedEx executive management is having meetings today that will determine their strategy against both items. With essentially zero Republican opposition, both measures are going to happen, and we will finally be able to fight back against Smith.

FedEx All the Way!

More stellar grammar and spelling from the most "intelligent" person on the BC. I know you're panties are in a wad over Obama, but there WILL be a union at FedEx. The Democrats will pass the Employee Free Choice Act, and the RLA exemption will be gone in short order. I would guess that FedEx executive management is having meetings today that will determine their strategy against both items. With essentially zero Republican opposition, both measures are going to happen, and we will finally be able to fight back against Smith.

You'll will be fighting back alright! Fighting for your job back!!
By the way, if you're so unhappy about the way Fred runs his show - why have you used Fred's name to identify yourself on these posts? It belongs to Fred - not you. I don't think you had a hand in helping Fred build his company - I don't believe he's ever mentioned you!
NOBAMA can do whatever- (by the time he gets something done his 4 years will be over)
Their are too many employees at FedEx that are worried about the economy so signing their names on some friend :cursing:'in piece of paper to become union won't happen! Besides their too broke to be paying union dues, hello!
So, would you kindly give Fred's name back to him - it really doesn't belong to you. Besides it doesn't suit you.
And just for your information, Fred's strategies will win.
Have a great day!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You'll will be fighting back alright! Fighting for your job back!!
By the way, if you're so unhappy about the way Fred runs his show - why have you used Fred's name to identify yourself on these posts? It belongs to Fred - not you. I don't think you had a hand in helping Fred build his company - I don't believe he's ever mentioned you!
NOBAMA can do whatever- (by the time he gets something done his 4 years will be over)
Their are too many employees at FedEx that are worried about the economy so signing their names on some friend :cursing:'in piece of paper to become union won't happen! Besides their too broke to be paying union dues, hello!
So, would you kindly give Fred's name back to him - it really doesn't belong to you. Besides it doesn't suit you.
And just for your information, Fred's strategies will win.
Have a great day!

Every time you make a post, you further confirm your status as a babbling idiot.

FedEx All the Way!

Every time you make a post, you further confirm your status as a babbling idiot.

Thank you, but your the babbling idiot. You come across as a genius to everything, you just know how to solve everyone's problems when it comes to FedEx. You have more posts on here about the company than anyone.
Since your such a genius and know everything, why don't you suggest things on how to solve the problems with this country. Hopefully, I can reach the powers to be at FedEx (and I won't rest until I do) and have them read your posts.
Have a wonderful day. :grounch_day:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thank you, but your the babbling idiot. You come across as a genius to everything, you just know how to solve everyone's problems when it comes to FedEx. You have more posts on here about the company than anyone.
Since your such a genius and know everything, why don't you suggest things on how to solve the problems with this country. Hopefully, I can reach the powers to be at FedEx (and I won't rest until I do) and have them read your posts.
Have a wonderful day. :grounch_day:

I would love it if the big shots at FedEx would read these posts....perhaps they would consider things from an employee perspective and learn that some changes need to be made. As long as they're making big money, everything is A-OK in their book, kind of like Wall Street before the meltdown. My first suggestion for the country would be to improve the educational system so they could catch people like you early enough to get them some remedial (or even psychological) help. Does your husband use a gag to shut you up, or does he prefer duct tape?

FedEx All the Way!

I would love it if the big shots at FedEx would read these posts....perhaps they would consider things from an employee perspective and learn that some changes need to be made. As long as they're making big money, everything is A-OK in their book, kind of like Wall Street before the meltdown. My first suggestion for the country would be to improve the educational system so they could catch people like you early enough to get them some remedial (or even psychological) help. Does your husband use a gag to shut you up, or does he prefer duct tape?

Hopefully, they would help get you out. You really don't read, do you. I don't discuss idiots like you with my husband or anyone else in my family. So, so sorry disappoint you or be the one to burst your bubble, but he doesn't have to shut me up with anything.
I guess at this point we will wait and see what happens.
Good Luck to you.
Have a great day being miserable at your job!:peaceful:

FedEx All the Way!

VERY ENCOURAGING FOR FEDEX EMPLOYEES!:bigsmile2:
Managers: Please share this information with your employees.
We’ve had quite a ride so far in 2008—higher fuel prices, a faltering economy and an erratic stock market. It’s easy for companies—and consumers—to let a downturn incapacitate them. But during tough times, we can either focus on circumstances we can’t control, or we can seize the opportunities they present.

I want to assure you that FedEx is doing everything in its power to turn challenges into advantages. When an upturn eventually happens—and we know it will—FedEx will be ready to take the market by storm.

Let me share with you some of the strong proactive measures we’re taking for profitable long-term performance.

First, we have a great team committed to making every FedEx experience outstanding. Your passion, commitment and teamwork continue to shore up people’s trust in us. I consider you, our dedicated team members, the single most important asset FedEx has. Thank you for your service to our customers, to each other and to the great FedEx brand.

Second, we continue to hold the line on costs across all segments. For example, we lowered jet fuel consumption last quarter by 5%. We are adding planes that are much more fuel efficient and give us greater capacity. At the same time we’ll be reducing capital spending this year by hundreds of millions of dollars.

While we are reducing costs, we are not compromising the services and networks we offer customers. In fact, we’re strengthening both. Internationally, we’ve added new service in Mexico, Vietnam and from Europe to U.S. East Coast cities. Both FedEx Freight and FedEx Ground have cut transit times in thousands of lanes.

In addition to all of this, we are gunning hard for more business, and we’ve just been given a golden opportunity with DHL’s announcement this morning that they will be discontinuing their U.S. domestic air and ground service. We’re ready to capitalize on that decision with a major marketing push to encourage small and medium business to “Choose FedEx”. This effort offers a special Web site for customers, with incentives for giving their business to FedEx. We’ve also done direct mail, advertising, and emails to more than eight million potential customers and new customer leave-behinds are on the way. You’ll be hearing more today from your opco leadership about this terrific initiative! , so stay tuned.

As we encourage customers to choose FedEx, I encourage you to “Choose Purple.” With peak upon us, Purple Promise behavior is more crucial than ever. We must work hard to ensure that every FedEx experience is outstanding. We must collaborate to present seamless service and more options to our customers. This is our time to shine. If we choose Purple every day, our customers will choose FedEx now and in the future. And I have no doubt that for FedEx, that future is bright.

Thank you,

Frederick W. Smith
Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Corporation

tieguy

Banned
Thanks to compliant politicians FedEx is still classified as an RLA "airline" under the latest FAA Bill. Thanks a lot Congress! Fred's money is still clearly good with most of you. Having a Democratic majority has really "helped" labor hasn't it?

Given the fact that the Teamsters aren't going to do anything, perhaps the time has come for us to start screwing-up the operation in order to get some degree of respect. It's unfortunate that it's come to this, but there aren't many alternatives left. Do any of you think that upper management is actually concerned with lowly hourlies like us? If you do, you're delusional.

I suggest a general work slowdown beginning with an increase in Code 01's. Going EXACTLY by the book would be another good step. Full pre-trips, full breaks with no falsification and no working off the clock. How about taking your 28/29 during the AM Sort? Or perhaps at 0945, just in time to have a boatload of late P1. There could be an outbreak of "Purple Flu", or maybe even a sitdown during the sort or re-load where everyone just stops for a few moments. I guarantee that your manager(s) would sheet a brick, and that the threats would start immediately. But what can they do if the majority of us agree on taking action? After all, someone has to do the work.

Bringing a few RTD's on-board would be excellent because of the volume of freight they directly control. They're not happy either, and some "traffic" or circuitous routing could really impact the numbers. Just think what would happen if 4 or 5 of your P1 cans were progressively "later" each day?

Sorry that it's come to this, but we need to consider our futures. The Teamsters are an empty threat, and management thinks we're completely under control.

Are we?

My man I hope the folks at FDX follow your lead. I would love to see your customers jump boat to UPS.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My man I hope the folks at FDX follow your lead. I would love to see your customers jump boat to UPS.

TieGuy...on this side of the fence? I don't know if I should be honored...or dismayed. Anyway, since the economy has tanked, I really don't think the Teamsters are going to push that hard, at least at Express. Smith, who's pretty bright, will bargain "full employment" against the Teamsters, and in today's environment, that's a strong hand in the poker game. Even though we're not "laying-off", Fred is doing it in other ways that have the same net effect. Most employees are going to buy-off on "security" for now and not realize that Smith is already getting rid of people as fast as he can by other means.

As much as Smith deserves a union, it's going to be awhile until he gets one. Sad, but true.

Seriously, nice to see some input from you over here on the dark side.