Is It Time To Disrupt Operations?

F

FedEx All the Way

It's my time and I'll use it as I see fit. Since you left FedEx there has been a major change in employee attitudes toward unions. If coming here to ridicule me somehow makes your life more bearable, please continue.Otherwise, keep it on your side of the fence. You don't know crap about FedEx at the moment.....how long have you been gone?

MrFedEx, - regarding the so called "upper management" that you keep putting down - and since you know a little bit of me, I believe it is time to identify my husband. His position in FedEx is in "upper management" and the difference between you and him is that you work for him. So before you start complaining about everything at your job, stop and think of how lucky you are to have one, otherwise you wouldn't be there.
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MrFedEx, - regarding the so called "upper management" that you keep putting down - and since you know a little bit of me, I believe it is time to identify my husband. His position in FedEx is in "upper management" and the difference between you and him is that you work for him. So before you start complaining about everything at your job, stop and think of how lucky you are to have one, otherwise you wouldn't be there.

If your husband is in upper management I feel sorry for both of you. Just how does your husband rationalize the way FedEx treats it's employees and still be able to sleep at night? Probably the same way you do...by continuously telling them "how lucky you are to have a job". That's just an excuse, not an answer. Why doesn't your husband come onto this site or the FedExaminer.com to defend himself instead of having you do it for him?

That's the way "upper" (and lower) management deal with hourlies...not as partners, but as units of production who have nothing to add but their labor. Management knows all, and sees all, and woe to anyone who dares to think out of the corporate box. In my over 20 years with FedEx I've only seen 4 excellent managers, 3 of whom are at the very top, and 1 who took his talents elsewhere. The rest ranged from piss-poor to barely mediocre...pretty sad. Most knowingly falsify every day, cooking the books and flaunting FedEx policy to make themselves look good at their employee's expense. Ethics? Who needs stinking ethics!!!

We have a saying among hourlies that moving into management means being just one step closer to the door, and unless your husband is some sort of continuous Five-Star Award winning hero, he's only as good as his last quarter of results. When he drags his terminated self home to you at some point in the future, perhaps you'll finally figure it out. Then your kids will be like mine....unable to go to a "prestigious private school". Your pretentious attitude irritates me like an infected hemorrhoid. I wish you could be a courier for just one day so you could "get it". Have you ever had a job other than Mrs. Manager?

New Englander

If your husband is in upper management I feel sorry for both of you. Just how does your husband rationalize the way FedEx treats it's employees and still be able to sleep at night? Probably the same way you do...by continuously telling them "how lucky you are to have a job". That's just an excuse, not an answer. Why doesn't your husband come onto this site or the FedExaminer.com to defend himself instead of having you do it for him?

That's the way "upper" (and lower) management deal with hourlies...not as partners, but as units of production who have nothing to add but their labor. Management knows all, and sees all, and woe to anyone who dares to think out of the corporate box. In my over 20 years with FedEx I've only seen 4 excellent managers, 3 of whom are at the very top, and 1 who took his talents elsewhere. The rest ranged from piss-poor to barely mediocre...pretty sad. Most knowingly falsify every day, cooking the books and flaunting FedEx policy to make themselves look good at their employee's expense. Ethics? Who needs stinking ethics!!!

We have a saying among hourlies that moving into management means being just one step closer to the door, and unless your husband is some sort of continuous Five-Star Award winning hero, he's only as good as his last quarter of results. When he drags his terminated self home to you at some point in the future, perhaps you'll finally figure it out. Then your kids will be like mine....unable to go to a "prestigious private school". Your pretentious attitude irritates me like an infected hemorrhoid. I wish you could be a courier for just one day so you could "get it". Have you ever had a job other than Mrs. Manager?

Some days I really miss the easy times of being an Express Courier!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

So your husband owns Fedex? Mr.Fedex does not work for your husband. They both work for Fedex Corp. in different capacities. It's the managers that think employees work for them that cause people to go on these boards ripping mgmnt.

FedEx All the Way!

So your husband owns Fedex? Mr.Fedex does not work for your husband. They both work for Fedex Corp. in different capacities. It's the managers that think employees work for them that cause people to go on these boards ripping mgmnt.

Dear brownmonster, I had no idea both my husband and MrFedEx worked for FedEx - thanks for pointing that out to me! :thumbsup: I must post it on my refrigerator to remember who works where!!!

Dear MrFedEx,
FedEx is not anti-union in any way. The Teamsters are in the business of trying to collect dues. Look at how they helped "Eastern Airlines". They've been trying to represent FedEx employees for 35 years. The Teamsters have not had success with FedEx and it's not because FedEx is doing anything that's anti-Teamster but because FedEx is doing things that are very pro-employee. Besides, you keep saying that your on your way out. Why are you still working for a company you don't appreciate? Have you ever said anything positive about the company. Where is your team spirit? You come across as if we should all get together and hold your hand while you work. You really need to get a grip on life - and focus on the positive things about your job, not always the negative. I hope you have a better day.
:its_all_good:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dear brownmonster, I had no idea both my husband and MrFedEx worked for FedEx - thanks for pointing that out to me! :thumbsup: I must post it on my refrigerator to remember who works where!!!

Dear MrFedEx,
FedEx is not anti-union in any way. The Teamsters are in the business of trying to collect dues. Look at how they helped "Eastern Airlines". They've been trying to represent FedEx employees for 35 years. The Teamsters have not had success with FedEx and it's not because FedEx is doing anything that's anti-Teamster but because FedEx is doing things that are very pro-employee. Besides, you keep saying that your on your way out. Why are you still working for a company you don't appreciate? Have you ever said anything positive about the company. Where is your team spirit? You come across as if we should all get together and hold your hand while you work. You really need to get a grip on life - and focus on the positive things about your job, not always the negative. I hope you have a better day.
:its_all_good:

"FedEx is not anti-union in any way"? Do you live in a closet, or is this what your husband tells you to think? FedEx is possibly the most anti-union company in existence. Fred S spends most of his time these days(and many millions of dollars over the years) attempting to keep FedEx Express non-union. Just ask John McCain. How could you possibly be more clueless?

Last edited:

FedEx All the Way!

"FedEx is not anti-union in any way"? Do you live in a closet, or is this what your husband tells you to think? FedEx is possibly the most anti-union company in existence. Fred S spends most of his time these days(and many millions of dollars over the years) attempting to keep FedEx Express non-union. Just ask John McCain. How could you possibly be more clueless?

Mr. FedEx, to answer your question, no I don't live in a closet, but you sure do! You always manage to down grade a company that has given you and so many other people a job. Have you ever sat down and thought about what it takes to run a big company like FedEx? The people Fred has helped through the years by giving them a job and being able to make money to feed their families, :bbq:people like yourself with children. By reading your posts it sounds like you haven't even given it a thought. I guess with you it is me, me, me and more of me. I still can't figure out why in the world would you be working for a company that your so unhappy with? Is it because your like to rest of us - how many of us wake up in the morning and say "I can't wait to go to work". GET REAL:please:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It seems to me that as UPS employees it is our obligation to help in anyway we can to expose Fed-Ex for what they are. Lets look at this from a practical stand point. Almost every employee I come across from Fed-Ex is unhappy and thats from all divisions. The ones with any years under their belt, all seem to sing the same song about their view on unionizing changing in the past couple of years. Than you look at the facts of their illegal use of the contractor model for avoiding taxes and liabilties that honest employers adhere to. So in my opinion bring it on and you let us know how we can help. P.S. As far as I can tell its not a matter of if, its only a matter of when Fed-Ex is unionized.

FedEx All the Way!

It seems to me that as UPS employees it is our obligation to help in anyway we can to expose Fed-Ex for what they are. Lets look at this from a practical stand point. Almost every employee I come across from Fed-Ex is unhappy and thats from all divisions. The ones with any years under their belt, all seem to sing the same song about their view on unionizing changing in the past couple of years. Than you look at the facts of their illegal use of the contractor model for avoiding taxes and liabilties that honest employers adhere to. So in my opinion bring it on and you let us know how we can help. P.S. As far as I can tell its not a matter of if, its only a matter of when Fed-Ex is unionized.

Mr. Brown, The day Fred allows FedEx to become unionized is the day he will shut operations and re-open.
As far as employees being unhappy; most of the employees I've been friends with for many years are not as unhappy:sad-very: as Mr.FedEx seems to be. I believe that Mr.FedEx should be updating his resume right about now. Why don't you ask the employees you seem to know that are so unhappy if they would pack up a leave FedEx tomorrow! Bet you they won't! So unless you work for FedEx - you'll never know!
Have a great day!

FedEx All the Way!

Dear FedExAllThe Way,

I'm sorry, but you're an idiot.

No, MrFedEx, I'm the one who is sorry, I'm the one who is sorry for the fact that you even exist in the same company that my husband works so hard for. I truly feel sorry for you :sad:and hope you continue to make it through life, I really feel for you. You have such a small mind. I have never come across anyone who could be so negative about the company they work for, especially in this economy.
I would like you to answer just one question for me.
If you were to open up your own business and hire x amount of employees would you be in it to make money for yourself or would you be in it to make money for everybody else?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, MrFedEx, I'm the one who is sorry, I'm the one who is sorry for the fact that you even exist in the same company that my husband works so hard for. I truly feel sorry for you :sad:and hope you continue to make it through life, I really feel for you. You have such a small mind. I have never come across anyone who could be so negative about the company they work for, especially in this economy.
I would like you to answer just one question for me.
If you were to open up your own business and hire x amount of employees would you be in it to make money for yourself or would you be in it to make money for everybody else?

Having a discussion with you is like debating a fundamentalist religious zealot or someone who believes the Earth is flat. Even when confronted with overwhelming evidence, you still continue to "believe" in what you want to be true.

FedEx employees are generally extremely unhappy with the company at this point in time. While there are certainly exceptions (like your husband), to deny this fact is an example of your general ignorance.

I don't think it's a coincidence that your view of unions is taken almost verbatim from Smith's recent interview with MONEY magazine. Since you can't think for yourself, you use Smith's words instead. Sad...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mr. Brown, The day Fred allows FedEx to become unionized is the day he will shut operations and re-open.
As far as employees being unhappy; most of the employees I've been friends with for many years are not as unhappy:sad-very: as Mr.FedEx seems to be. I believe that Mr.FedEx should be updating his resume right about now. Why don't you ask the employees you seem to know that are so unhappy if they would pack up a leave FedEx tomorrow! Bet you they won't! So unless you work for FedEx - you'll never know!
Have a great day!

Let's see. In a recent post you said that "FedEx was not anti-union in any way", and then we have this verbal tirade here saying that Smith would shut FedEx down if it went union. Isn't that a bit of contradiction?

I'm guessing you weren't on the Yale debate squad. You remind me of TieGuy over on the Brown side...always sticking your foot in your mouth and then falling-back on the same tired old talking points. In short, you are not doing a very good job of defending your weak argument(s).

Also, do you really think that hourly employees are going to honestly tell you what they think of FedEx when they know that your very important husband is a member of "upper" management?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Well as you are correct in the fact that I dont work for Fed-Ex however that is where you streak ends, Fed-Ex will go union for one reason and one reason only. They seem to have evolved into a unhappy shell of its former self. Companys who deserve to become union do, its a fact of life. Look at Wal-Mart that you bring up, their truck drivers could go union if they desired, to combat that Wal-Mart pays them some of the highest wages in the industry. So in conclusion if you keep your employees happy you have nothing to worry about however from what Ive seen Fed-Ex does'nt have that luxiory. Our strike in 97 was not warranted in my opinion, but it did acomplish its goal. As you can see the employees does have the power to change its companys direction. UPS pays us extremely well and they seem to make plenty of profit, so why would things be any different at Fed-Ex. I know its probably due to the imcompatent managers like your husband that cant manage a company without illegal advantages.

FedEx All the Way!

Let's see. In a recent post you said that "FedEx was not anti-union in any way", and then we have this verbal tirade here saying that Smith would shut FedEx down if it went union. Isn't that a bit of contradiction?

I'm guessing you weren't on the Yale debate squad. You remind me of TieGuy over on the Brown side...always sticking your foot in your mouth and then falling-back on the same tired old talking points. In short, you are not doing a very good job of defending your weak argument(s).

Also, do you really think that hourly employees are going to honestly tell you what they think of FedEx when they know that your very important husband is a member of "upper" management?

I didn't notice you on the Yale debate squad, were you there?
As far as hourly employees, they don't even know me or who my husband is. Your the only one posting how FedEx employees are so unhappy, yet every time the FedEx Express driver shows up at my job, he shows up with a smile on his face. I've had lengthy conversations with him and he's just content with having a job, unlike you.
You keep ignoring my 1 and only question to you since the beginning, why are you still working for FedEx? In your mind everyone else drinks the KOOL-AID but you, yet your still working for SMITH. What's wrong? Oh! I guess I can figure that one out - KOOL-AID paying your bills!?!?!?

FedEx All the Way!

Well as you are correct in the fact that I dont work for Fed-Ex however that is where you streak ends, Fed-Ex will go union for one reason and one reason only. They seem to have evolved into a unhappy shell of its former self. Companys who deserve to become union do, its a fact of life. Look at Wal-Mart that you bring up, their truck drivers could go union if they desired, to combat that Wal-Mart pays them some of the highest wages in the industry. So in conclusion if you keep your employees happy you have nothing to worry about however from what Ive seen Fed-Ex does'nt have that luxiory. Our strike in 97 was not warranted in my opinion, but it did acomplish its goal. As you can see the employees does have the power to change its companys direction. UPS pays us extremely well and they seem to make plenty of profit, so why would things be any different at Fed-Ex. I know its probably due to the imcompatent managers like your husband that cant manage a company without illegal advantages.

First of all, why are you even in this conversation between MrFedEx and myself when you work for Brown? Second, how many years has FedEx been in business? Have they ever gone union in those years? Please don't tell me that it has only been in the past few years that employees have started to be unhappy.
By the way, don't you pay union dues? If so, in actuality you make less than a FedEx employee. Keep giving your money to the Teamsters!
Have a great day!!!!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First of all, why are you even in this conversation between MrFedEx and myself when you work for Brown? Second, how many years has FedEx been in business? Have they ever gone union in those years? Please don't tell me that it has only been in the past few years that employees have started to be unhappy.
By the way, don't you pay union dues? If so, in actuality you make less than a FedEx employee. Keep giving your money to the Teamsters!
Have a great day!!!!!!!

Like I said before, you're an idiot, and your recent responses validate my opinion. A UPS Teamster makes way more than a FedEx driver, and when you include their pension and other benefits, the gap is even larger. Perhaps your very important husband should allow you to go back to night school so you can get your GED.