Is it too early to bring up the step raise?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow, you've been there 19 years??? Never heard of anyone actually topping out there.
Bingo. The entire plan is to never top out. In the past, all it took was an active letter to prevent a raise. The “10-Step “ program has always been a scam, designed to make it appear there would be regular raises….umm, no.
The current step is right off a cliff to unemployment.
Purple People. Keep the faith, OK?

Slowturtle

If teamsters helps Amazon, FedEx will be bottom of the barrel and no longer a competitive wage.. time Memphis starts investing in the people that carry them.. heard nothing about raises so far

FedupExpress

They had no intentions of ever honoring those step raises more than a time or two. A lot of employees never read the fine print.
Last Christmas we were connived on Christmas pay, management said we would be getting overtime pay plus holiday pay.

In the end the señoir manager said just kidding and gave the Christmas crew

¡Brazo zulus!

Fedex express is hindi for bait & switch.

FedupExpress

If teamsters helps Amazon, FedEx will be bottom of the barrel and no longer a competitive wage.. time Memphis starts investing in the people that carry them.. heard nothing about raises so far
If Amazon goes teamster, I may quit express and go work for them for the time being.

Until I find something better.

Having been through 3 of these things there was one common thread running through the management of all three companies.

They will lie right to your face every single day telling you that you will be spared the carnage playing out all around you right up to the day when you are no longer a useful component that can be applied to whatever final objective they have in mind.

Employee loyalty is something found in a long gone era. Allowing opportunities to land alternative employment especially one that is as good or better than what you currently have to be squandered while you play that fools game called loyalty will never produce an outcome that will serve you well when the end finally arrives.
I can’t wait to see if for a few mgrs in the corp that still believe the BS they have to spew from the cronies in Memphis’ ivory tower. They really believe they will be needed after every employee is replaced with a contractor. Thankful I’m only there PT. Topped out a few years ago but thinking about trying to get on at UPS at the airport now with this latest contract. The health benefits alone would be worth it.

MassWineGuy

They had no intentions of ever honoring those step raises more than a time or two. A lot of employees never read the fine print.

Well, I started at $19. I’m now at a hair over $27. I think I and everyone else deserve more, but I’m not extremely unhappy. Of course, my current rate is only because Lord Freddy deigned to grant a cost of living increase last year.

One my biggest peeves is that our SM (a she in the northeast) never worked as a courier and hasn’t a clue about what it’s like.

vantexan

Well, I started at $19. I’m now at a hair over $27. I think I and everyone else deserve more, but I’m not extremely unhappy. Of course, my current rate is only because Lord Freddy deigned to grant a cost of living increase last year.

One my biggest peeves is that our SM (a she in the northeast) never worked as a courier and hasn’t a clue about what it’s like.
I was rehired on the B payscale at $10.85hr in late '98. Not quite 15 years later, 2 months before the next raise, I left at $18.17 in 2013. Cost of living definitely higher where you're at, but still.

Last edited:

FedupExpress

A dollar so you can't say we didn't give you one, pretty stupid though

I don't think anyone but the desperate will apply to express. We are basically basically labeled as the idiots that do UPS work for half the price.

A handler at our station is a teamster, he was talking about trying to get them in to negotiate 🤣

yadig

I can’t wait to see if for a few mgrs in the corp that still believe the BS they have to spew from the cronies in Memphis’ ivory tower. They really believe they will be needed after every employee is replaced with a contractor. Thankful I’m only there PT. Topped out a few years ago but thinking about trying to get on at UPS at the airport now with this latest contract. The health benefits alone would be worth it.
Smart move, people better have a back up plan