Is it too early to bring up the step raise?

fedx

Extra Large Package
Someone guessed and told someone else who told someone else who told him.

The board rarely votes on raises before September and no one else knows anything until after they vote and pull the trigger on releasing their decision. They don't leak diddly squat. Anything anyone claims to have heard is something that someone made up.

I would like to know why raises are given out in October. I could see them giving them out at the end of the fiscal year in May or the beginning of the new fiscal year in June, but why October? Seems like a random month to give raises. Do you have any insight as to what's so special about October for our raises?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I would like to know why raises are given out in October. I could see them giving them out at the end of the fiscal year in May or the beginning of the new fiscal year in June, but why October? Seems like a random month to give raises. Do you have any insight as to what's so special about October for our raises?
Does it matter when they give them?

They usually decide in September, and I’d speculate that they decide then because they’re coming off the end of the previous FY and the first quarter of the current FY. Those two results probably have a lot to do with it.

FedupExpress

In time for all hallows eve, celebrate the dead, "I mean couriers."

A manager muffled under his breath to me that raises were looking positive this year because everyone is crying UPS etc.

He also said HR stated mercifully that fedex doesn't

other company policy's but we might just yet.... Grant the peasants a few more cents an hour.

fdxsux

When I started they were given out in January. Then it was March. Now it’s October. Almost an extra year without a raise.

Cheesypurpletees

In time for all hallows eve, celebrate the dead, "I mean couriers."

A manager muffled under his breath to me that raises were looking positive this year because everyone is crying UPS etc.

He also said HR stated mercifully that fedex doesn't

other company policy's but we might just yet.... Grant the peasants a few more cents an hour.
Here’s a schilling for your loyalty, now come on peasant, the guillotine is right this way.

fedx

Extra Large Package
When I started they were given out in January. Then it was March. Now it’s October. Almost an extra year without a raise.

Yeah I heard they used to be given out earlier in the year. I imagine they postponed it till Oct one year and never went back to the previous March raises. If they can find a way to delay to screw you, they will. I think they should do it in May or June which is the end of the fiscal year or the start of the new fiscal year.

Guitarman01

I believe they will give a full step raise, especially due to the fact of how UPS made the news. The entire country is now very aware of what most upsers make. I think FedEx will want to keep things quiet for now. If they have other plans in the future, a step raise won't matter much regardless.

Guitarman01

"Most UPSers" make less than $25/hr. I don't feel like people are aware of that.
I worked at UPS for over 7 years, even got a little plaque. That is still one of the best part time jobs a person can get. They offered free insurance, tuition and a pension all just being part-time. Now they are going to start at 21 an hr? Also very easy to transfer to part time sup if you have half a brain.

I worked at UPS for over 7 years, even got a little plaque. That is still one of the best part time jobs a person can get. They offered free insurance, tuition and a pension all just being part-time. Now they are going to start at 21 an hr? Also very easy to transfer to part time sup if you have half a brain.
And if you have a whole brain, you wouldn't take the PT sup job.

Guitarman01

And if you have a whole brain, you wouldn't take the PT sup job.
It depends on a person's situation and where you are at on seniority. Some went part time sup, made more money and went to school. Even my 7 years there wouldn't have made full time. But yeah only full time managers outpace full time union and probably not even the drivers, but it's obviously a lot less wear and tear. Non union get in trouble for working lol.