Is it too early to bring up the step raise?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
By what type of communication did you hear that? A seance?
Someone guessed and told someone else who told someone else who told him.

The board rarely votes on raises before September and no one else knows anything until after they vote and pull the trigger on releasing their decision. They don't leak diddly squat. Anything anyone claims to have heard is something that someone made up.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

The board rarely votes on raises before September and no one else knows anything until after they vote and pull the trigger on releasing their decision. They don't leak diddly squat. Anything anyone claims to have heard is something that someone made up.
Attributed to a Senior Manager, wouldn't be surprised, rarely heard them speak any truth, anyways.

whenIgetthere

Well, I started at $19. I’m now at a hair over $27. I think I and everyone else deserve more, but I’m not extremely unhappy. Of course, my current rate is only because Lord Freddy deigned to grant a cost of living increase last year.

One my biggest peeves is that our SM (a she in the northeast) never worked as a courier and hasn’t a clue about what it’s like.
I retired at 21 years and less than 23/hr, things are different outside the northeast.

btrlov

Well l would assume that the board needs to be consulted by other people. Thats a potential leak right there.

btrlov

I have worked in operations for all 3 major carriers.; including managerment. Fedex is in big trouble if it continues its wage supression. I have a friend thats a dispatcher, you know one of those people with "nowhere to go". He's says the amount of commercial customer complaints to mangerment and dispatch has gone through the roof in the last 3 years .. It has gotten soo bad, that the call center drops the customers right into dispatch or just give the customer the direct number to the station agent or dispatch. The primary complaint: drivers simply not going to stops.....What does the manager do: little. They cant retain enough people with good work ethic, so hiring and discpline gets looser at the station level. The customer suffers, and utimately they will view fedex as a risky bottom shelf bargin service that holds little accountabiity to customers

Gone fishin

I have worked in operations for all 3 major carriers.; including managerment. Fedex is in big trouble if it continues its wage supression. I have a friend thats a dispatcher, you know one of those people with "nowhere to go". He's says the amount of commercial customer complaints to mangerment and dispatch has gone through the roof in the last 3 years .. It has gotten soo bad, that the call center drops the customers right into dispatch or just give the customer the direct number to the station agent or dispatch. The primary complaint: drivers simply not going to stops.....What does the manager do: little. They cant retain enough people with good work ethic, so hiring and discpline gets looser at the station level. The customer suffers, and utimately they will view fedex as a risky bottom shelf bargin service that holds little accountabiity to customers
Fedex is in denial with ground and their contractors. It’s a sinking ship at this point

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have a friend that says your friend is full of it.

zeev

FedEx ruined their reputation during Covid by not paying enough to keep handlers resulting on n long delays and never delivered packages.