Islam

vantexan

We both know they did in the past.
So, explain to me what you think changed within Christianity for them to stop doing that. Then let's discuss how to spread that change to the other abrahamic religions.
Name the Christian armies that invaded Muslim countries to convert them? Can't name the Crusades because that was a reaction to Muslims invading Christian lands. So where then? And compare that with the spread of Islam through much of the world.

vantexan

According to the Quran, radical ( to you and I )Islam is Islam.
If you are a non-believer, you need to die. Believe it. Every true, not radical Muslim, believes that.
Actually Islam allows people to live and keep their religion as long as they pay tribute and allow themselves to be dominated. Pretty much what the Ottoman empire did to southeastern Europe for 500 years. If you refuse to accept domination or convert you must die in the view of Islam.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Can't do it, huh? Rather than admit there's a problem with Islam you deflect(and say I'm the one deflecting).
Carry on.
You've denied the reality that Christians forcibly and violently attempted conversion of non believers. If you can't live in reality we won't be able to discuss this.

BrownArmy

I'll be long gone before it's an in your face problem. The issue is will we let it be in everyone's faces before we try to correct it? I don't think most people here illegally are a problem but the criminal element that came with the rest are a huge problem. If we had corrected the problem decades ago we wouldn't be facing all the murders, robberies, rapes, assaults, drugs that the criminal element brings. Just how bad does the quality of life for average citizens have to get before anything is done? Will we have to accept a huge influx of Muslims too even in spite of the problems they're causing elsewhere?

Stick to the conversation, why are you bringing up all the other nonsense?

Oh, you’re skeert.

vantexan

You've denied the reality that Christians forcibly and violently attempted conversion of non believers. If you can't live in reality we won't be able to discuss this.
No doubt that happened. The biggest religious wars in Christendom were between Catholics and Protestants however. And defending their countries from invaders including Muslims, Mongols, Huns, etc. The Muslims not only controlled southeastern Europe for 500 years but also southern Italy and Spain for centuries. And continually attacked Eastern Europe and Russia during that time, as well as spread all the way to the Pacific and much of Africa.

BrownArmy

According to the Quran, radical ( to you and I )Islam is Islam.
If you are a non-believer, you need to die. Believe it. Every true, not radical Muslim, believes that.

Comparative Religion not your thing?

You’re accusing Islam of literary atrocities that Christianity is also guilty of.

Get a clue.

Someone more versed than me could match you line for line between the KJ and the Koran.

What’s funny is, you’ll explain away the 30% of the Bible that you deem ‘just the random extry stuff’, while you defend the 70% of the Bible you call TRUTH.

Guess what?

There’s a Muslim out there who thinks 30% of the Koran is total nonsense, but they’ll defend the 70% as TRUTH.

Bueller?

Humanity has a positive path forward, sadly you’re not participating.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You've denied the reality that Christians forcibly and violently attempted conversion of non believers.
No doubt that happened.
Ok, back where we began then.
Again I'll ask this:
We both know they did in the past.
So, explain to me what you think changed within Christianity for them to stop doing that. Then let's discuss how to spread that change to the other abrahamic religions.

vantexan

Comparative Religion not your thing?

You’re accusing Islam of literary atrocities that Christianity is also guilty of.

Get a clue.

Someone more versed than me could match you line for line between the KJ and the Koran.

What’s funny is, you’ll explain away the 30% of the Bible that you deem ‘just the random extry stuff’, while you defend the 70% of the Bible you call TRUTH.

Guess what?

There’s a Muslim out there who thinks 30% of the Koran is total nonsense, but they’ll defend the 70% as TRUTH.

Bueller?

Humanity has a positive path forward, sadly you’re not participating.
Christians accept the New Testament as our complete guide to salvation. Not completely rejecting the Old Testament, but knowing it's not our guide on how to live today. And nowhere in the New Testament are we commanded to make war on all those who reject Christ. And for the millionth time, if people want to refuse to believe in Christ, want to live under Islam, that's their business. But to not acknowledge that there's a significant percentage of Muslims actively looking to spread Islam by any means necessary, including violence, is putting your head in the sand.

BrownArmy

Christians accept the New Testament as our complete guide to salvation. Not completely rejecting the Old Testament, but knowing it's not our guide on how to live today. And nowhere in the New Testament are we commanded to make war on all those who reject Christ. And for the millionth time, if people want to refuse to believe in Christ, want to live under Islam, that's their business. But to not acknowledge that there's a significant percentage of Muslims actively looking to spread Islam by any means necessary, including violence, is putting your head in the sand.

Yes, blah blah.

Muslims make similar protestations about their book.

I simply don’t care about Muslims trying to spread their religion.

They’re equally irrelevant in my eyes.

Aside from the Spanish flu and the bubonic plague, organized religion is just the worst.

You guys are arguing over the same god, who cares.

‘Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too...’

vantexan

Yes, blah blah.

Muslims make similar protestations about their book.

I simply don’t care about Muslims trying to spread their religion.

They’re equally irrelevant in my eyes.

Aside from the Spanish flu and the bubonic plague, organized religion is just the worst.

You guys are arguing over the same god, who cares.

‘Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too...’
I see you cited the high priest of your religion.
Carry on.